- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So...first story by a longtime stalker. English is not my first language, so please forgive any mistakes in grammar, syntax or vocabulary. They were not intentional in any way.
The entire story is written in a simple writing app on android, so please also forgive any spacing abnormalities as well.
# Chapter One#
Butterflies And Hurricanes
Chapter One
Tom was not happy, that much he knew. He all along had the nagging feeling that something would certainly go awfully wrong for him today, and guess what, it did.
Tom has (actually had) a steady romantic relationship with Helen, a girl with whom he shared many of his classes and after school activities. He met her by a common friend a couple years ago, and something instantly clicked between them. There was a first date, and a second one, and before long they considered themselves a couple.
But Helen apparently thought that he was cheating on her with Marie, a quiet, french-originated girl that he considered his confidante and most trusted friend, Helen included. But she unfortunately never saw their friendship as non-threatening to her own relationship, and had made many attempts to try and break it. Alas, they all failed, and apparently the final straw came today, as she saw them laughing and coming together towards her. A switch flipped inside her and she started threatening and cursing them, and she left afterwards but not before she slapped her (ex)boyfriend telling him to "go and fuck your little french whore".
__________________________________________________
Tom cringed as he remembered today's events. Sure, he knew that their romance was rapidly deteriorating and that the end was indeed in sight, but it never crossed his mind that Helen would pull something like this, much less in public.
Nontheless, his thoughts were on Marie, as the poor girl left in tears after that little incident. He had tried many times to call her or instant-message her, but she had either turned off all her devices or just kept on ignoring him. For what their friendship was worth, he hoped that the first option was correct.
__________________________________________________
Marie was not happy, that much she knew. She was certain that everything that happened today was her fault only, and no one elses. If she hadn't agreed to come to get some morning coffee with him, then everything would be alright. Well...not everything.
Marie Beaumont knew deep inside her that everything that went wrong with her life these past few months was a direct result of her silly, pervert fetish. She made sure that nobody knew about it, but when Jacques, her long-distance boyfriend found about it he instantly broke off their relationship, calling her a "pervert" and a "whore", thanking the heavens that he found out before it was too late. She took this whole ordeal quite hard, predictably, but thankfully Tom was there to help her recover. She of course altered a significant portion of her story, as she was not about to risk losing another close friend in a matter of hours. Come to think about it, this helped to speed up Tom's breakup as he cancelled a romantic night out he had planned with Helen in order to help her, a fact that caused them to have a huge fight.
Back to now, however, her phone ringed for what seemed like the millionth time, as her ringtone and personal favourite song ringed off the walls.
"Is all my fault..." Marie whispered as she cried herself to sleep, not caring about who was repeatedly calling her. "It's always all my fault..."
And the phone, kept ringing, seemingly unfazed by the entire situation:
"Change/Everything you are/And everything you were/Your battle has begun..."
Chapter End Notes:
The song in the end is, surprise surprise, the title song.
Marie's surname is a shoutout to the great Interchangable Universe series by vgiv and Nostory.
I'm quite...erratic in my update schedule, so I won't give any sure release dates for the new chapter(s)
Disclaimer:
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the disclaimer! That's right, the disc..."NOT THE SONG DAMMIT!" *kicks author in the gut*

(Real) Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable
characters, settings, etc. are the
property of their respective owners. The
original characters and plot are the
property of the author. The author is in
no way associated with the owners,
creators, or producers of any media
franchise. No copyright infringement is
intended.