- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry this took so long, I began to grow tired of the story and I couldn't decide how to end it. But nonehteless, here is an epilogue. 

And so, just like that, Paul’s fate was sealed. However, this was not the end. Megan woke up the next day, and continued her research on magic. She continued reading a spell book that she had bought, containing all the knowledge she could possibly need, including the knowledge on how to reverse other spells. Megan figured she could use it to grow Paul back to normal size.

               Megan left her room, and went to go make some coffee. As she walked over to her dining room table to drink it, she froze in place, dropped her coffee on the ground, shattering the cup. She stood there, standing in front of a portrait of the family that hung on the wall. It was a normal family portrait like any other, but something was wrong with this one. Paul was gone.

               Megan quickly ran through the house, looking at every portrait, finding their wonderful family of 5 daughters…and no son. She even went to his room….it was empty. Megan quickly ran to Julie’s room. “Where’s Paul?!” She shouted. Julie woke up in a daze, and groggily answered, “Who???” She asked. Megan slowly backed away, and began to tremble, unsure of what to do. She experienced a variety of emotions in quick succession. Confusion, fear, sorrow, and finally, pure anger. She walked back to her room, her mind made up. This was going to end now. She picked up her own spell book and marched over to Rosie’s room.

               “Wake up!!” Megan roared, holding back nothing in her voice. Rosie woke up immediately, also seemingly in a daze. “What the hell?!” Rosie sleepily yelled back. “What did you do to him?! I’ll kill you! I swear I’ll kill you!” Megan continued yelling. “What are you talking about, where is who?!” Rosie also yelled. Megan slammed the door behind her closed and walked over to Rosie, who was still semi laying in her bed. Megan looked at Rosie straight in her eyes, and rammed her hand into her neck, grasping it tightly, clearly with lethal intent. She began squeezing tighter, all the while not breaking eye contact. Rosie tried to pry up Megan’s hand, unsuccessfully. She then tried to cough up words, “Meg….*cough*…an…*cough*…..Ok….Ok….I’ll…*cough*…tell you”. Megan released her grip and backed away. “Where?!” she yelled again.

               Rosie sat up in her bed, coughing and trying to recover from Megan’s grip. She swung her body around, her legs now hanging off of the bed. She then lifted her foot into the air, Megan recoiling a bit from the obvious odor of her foot. Megan looked at her sole for a moment, and saw it. The pentagram that sealed Paul. “He’s somewhere that you can’t reach. There’s nothing you can do, Meg. Nothing. He’ stuck, sniffing my disgusting foot forever.” Rosie calmly said.

               Megan was, yet again, shocked beyond comprehension. “Why? Why? I just…don’t…get it. How could you?” Megan said, as tears began to well up in her eyes. “No, NO! I won’t let you!” Megan gripped her spell book tightly, and took a step back. Rosie opened her eyes in shock, not having noticed the book until just now.

               “TRANSUERSO” Megan shouted. A latin word meaning ‘reversal.’ A light shot out of Megan’s palm and flew directly into Rosie’s sole. Suddenly, the pentagram began to glow brightly. “I won’t let you do this!” Megan shouted. Rosie wasn’t sure what to do. The look of shock on her face grew more severe every passing millisecond. After about 5 seconds, Rosie gave up the act, and simply smiled. Megan was now confused, “Why are you smiling?!” she shouted. “Because you’re so silly. You don’t have the slightest clue how these spells work. I’ve been studying this for years, and you think you could pull one over on me after a measly week?! Get real! That spell reverses the last spell that was used on the target. Guess what, your target is gone. Paul isn’t here anymore. He is literally in a different dimension, my own personal foot world. All you’ve done is erase the mark on my foot. Thanks. Now I don’t have a tattoo on my sole.”

               The bright glowing faded, along with the pentagram. Megan was lost yet again. She was completely defeated. Unable to do anything. Suddenly, Rosie shouted, “TRANSUERSO”, firing it directly at Megan. “I know you cast a protection spell on yourself. It’s the only way that you remembered Paul. With this last spell, Paul is truly gone. But before you go, here’s a glimpse.” Just then, Megan started to see images of Paul, sandwiched between two gigantic soles, being Rosie’s. He was crying and writhing around, and the soles simply pressed him tighter, smothering him more. Megan burst into tears. “I’m sorry Paul! I’m so sorry!”

               Megan woke up, again, in her room.  Megan left her room, and went to go make some coffee. As she walked over to her dining room table to drink it, she stood in front of a portrait of the family that hung on the wall. It was a normal family portrait like any other, and she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you all who enjoyed the story, and an extra thank you to those who provided feedback and comments. Hopefully you all enjoy my next story that I've been working on!