- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the great response to the first chapter :) In this chapter, Kai prepares for College and looks back on some old memories with his sister. Enjoy :)
_____________________

After getting to know my roommates, the three of us sat and discussed how I will cope at College with daily tasks.

For the first few days, Emma will drive to the College to check up on me and make sure I'm not finding everything too overwhelming.

"Ok Kai, we'll need to go over some of the main difficulties you might encounter when living in your new home. The main thing is your accessibility when you're in the appartment. You need to make sure that you can reach anywhere in the appartment without any problems and I'm sure your roommates will help with that." Mom explained.

I was already zoning out. Most of the things they are listing are difficulties I experience every day.

"You might need help getting to class too." Emma chips in.

"Yes guys, I know, I cope with this stuff on my own anyway." I argue, adamant that everything will be fine.

"See, that's the problem Kai, you don't listen to us. You won't have the same priviliges as you do when you are at home. Your roommates cannot be expected to do everything for you either. Me and Mom just want to make sure you're safe." Emma counters, her words holding much more sense than mine.

Some of these priviliges would include doors in our house which never close. They swing both ways so that I am never locked in or out of a room and I can always just push them open. At College I doubt they will have them specifically for me given the element of privacy people will need.

"Fine, keep going then, please, list all of the things I will never be able to do." I reply sarcastically, the feeling of helplessness getting to me.

With a sigh, my Mom prepares for a difficult conversation.

"Kai, you know there is nothing anyone can do about that, so stop making it out like it's something new. You have dealt with your height your whole life and you've got some really great opportunities ahead of you." She replies, in an attempt to cheer me up.

My Sister looks annoyed by something, because her eyebrows are furrowed and it looks as though she's concentrating.

"Another thing Kai. You need to treat people better when you're at College. Some of the things you say to me won't go down well with other people. Me and Mom have grown accustomed to your... outlook, whereas others have not known you as long as us." Said Emma, her strict look implying that she's concerned about me.

"Look, don't worry about me. I'm eighteen now so I can take care of my own problems, just... stop reminding me about my height." I reply painfully. All of this talk about my disadvantages and flaws is really getting me down.

"No Kai, you can't take care of your own problems. People are much bigger than you and I don't want to see you getting hurt." Emma adds, annoying me with her persistence.

I know Emma is right in what she is saying, but the fact is I don't want any of it to be true. I just want to go to College and forget about my height and all of my problems, but Emma will make sure to remind me whenever possible.

"Emma is right Kai. I just want you to look out for yourself while you are there. If anything happens then make sure to call me or your sister immediately, ok?"

"Sure, whatever." I answer swiftly, eager to get the conversation over with.

Now that the important talk is over, we get on to organising what I will be taking with me. I made sure to pack all of my clothes, all of which are custom made for me.

I also have a very small phone by normal standards although it can only carry out simple functions such as texting and calling. It did cost a lot to be made but it is very helpful to me. Hopefully I get to use it when I'm at College.

With packing now out of the way, we sit around talking about my mom and my sisters' past experiences at College. Some of the things I was told about sounded pretty cool and I pictured myself in many situations they described.

They seemed very fond of the parties and the amount of freedom you have at College. My sister was looking back on how some of her favourite moments were had at parties.

Part of me was excited to experience what it would be like at a party, but another part was picturing myself trapped and crowded in a sea of legs.

Brushing these thoughts aside for now, we continue to talk for the next few hours until it's time to go to bed.

At 11PM I head upstairs before walking into my room. I brush my teeth with my tiny toothbrush over a bowl full of water (for practical reasons) and then climb into bed with a yawn.

***

I lie awake for what feels like hours, letting my worried and excited thoughts run wild.

While I'm looking forward to Friday, I'm also dreading it.

What will happen when they see how small I am? I can just picture the look of dissappointment on Jenna's face when she sees me... What if they think I'm strange and try to avoid me?

On the other hand, I can actually talk to other people for once in my life. The thought of sharing interests with another person is alien to me and I want to know what that is like.

But surely nobody could possibly find me interesting at this size; it would be like talking to a child.

The way my sister has treated me over the years has not served in giving me much confidence going into this new world. She always treated me like a much younger brother, toying with me and teasing me. Even if she meant well by it, sometimes it was a little overwhelming being around her.

Looking back on it, I can just picture when I was younger, around 13 when me and her would argue all of the time. Emma was 17 and she would always win, simply because she had the physical advantage and would use it against me.

There was one time when I was watching TV and she was angry because her show was coming on. However, I was also watching my show, so it came down to whoever won the argument.

"Kai, give me the remote!" Emma demanded.

"No! I was watching my show first!" I shout back, angry that she suddenly thought she had the right to take it off me.

"Don't make me take it off you." She cautioned, standing there in a pink blouse and white skirt.

Knowing that she would win easily, I curled up around the remote clutching it tightly against me, focused on preventing her from getting it.

With a sigh, she walked over and sat down next to me, easily plucking the remote from my grasp and setting it down in her lap, content now that she is watching her show.

"Hey! I was watching that!" I protest, rubbing the areas where her fingernails scratched me.

"Shhh" Is all she answered with, not even looking in my direction.

Not being one to give up easily, I run and jump onto her lap, grabbing the remote with all my strength. Being too quick for her to react, I run across the sofa and quickly turn the TV back to my show.

"Oh my god you are so annoying! Give it back or you'll regret it." She threatened, obviously not in the mood for games.

"Nope." I answer with a smug smile.

Her hand effortlessly brushes me out of the way to get at the remote, so I leap on to her arm, straddling it.

To her it must have been like lifting a light weight, since she was able to lift her arm in the air slightly with me hanging on.

Everytime she shakes me off, I get back on, annoying her even further.

When she retracts her arm, I start to climb up her side where she pushes me away every time.

"Would you stop?" She asks, laughing at the same time, whilst holding the remote high up in the air.

Still not giving up, I run towards her front, jumping up from her lap and landing with my foot on top of her left breast. This is where things went bad for me.

At first I didn't see anything wrong with what I was doing, seeing as she was laughing and we were just playing around.

As I grabbed her shoulder to pull myself up, my foot slipped underneath her blouse, catching the top of her bra.

She inhaled quickly and forcefully picked me up before throwing me to the side. When I turned around I noticed her face was red and she looked embarassed.

Not sensing that anything was out of order, I attempt once again at getting back the remote.

Emma has moved so that she is resting on her side with her legs pointing towards me, with the remote nestled underneath them to prevent me from getting it.

This does not put me off as I run up to her feet, tickling them to get a reaction.

"Are you serious right now? I'm trying to watch my show!" She shouts in annoyance whilst glaring at me at her feet.

Without warning, she pushes against my body until I'm pinned against the opposite end of the sofa by both of her feet. After thirty seconds I stop resisting, realising it's futile.

Meanwhile, Emma has never been more relaxed as she uses my body as her personal foot massager, occasionally rubbing her toes across my face to annoy me even further.

I remember having to sit through the whole show, only able to listen to the TV as her feet became hotter and hotter, filling my nose with the disgusting smell of her ripe feet...

As I drift off to sleep, the old memory both angers me and excites me, seeing as how easily she outstrengthed me, demonstrating I can be beaten in a fight by a girl. But the exhilirating challenge of fighting her at that size made me smile as I remember the thrill of trying to win.

***

I wake up early and get changed, prepared for my last day at home before I move out. I feel awake and confident ahead of the big day tomorrow.

Today should go over quickly, because there isn't much left to do in terms of packing and preparing.

Pushing open my door, I decide to see if my sister is awake. Maybe I can get revenge from yesterday when she woke me up.

Stealthily maneuvering along the hallway, I make my way towards Emma's room. The door is slightly ajar as I easily squeeze through the gap, my eyes start scanning the dim lit room.

In the near darkness I can just make out clothes which are dumped on her floor. Looking back, I realise I have not been in this room for months, since I've had no reason to be in here.

The sleeping form of Emma is visible due to the rising and falling of her bed covers. I can't wait to see her reaction.

Making my way over to the bed, I reach up and gently touch the covers, testing how they will cope with my weight. The distance from the carpet to the top of the bed is just enough that I can jump to get up.

I jump up at the foot of her bed, intending on making my way towards her from there.

With her face in my sights, I abandon my stealth and instead I sprint towards her.

Thankfully she doesn't stirr as I make my way to the top of the bed, my feet sinking in to the plush mattress as I run.

Once I've reached her head. I draw in a deep breath, barely able to contain my mischievous laughter.

"Wake up!!" I scream directly into her ear.

Her head bolts up immediately supported by her elbows, then her chest springs out knocking me on my back.

This doesn't bother me, because I'm already laughing at her shocked face. She looks like she just saw a ghost.

"Ugh! Kai, what are you doing? I was asleep..." She mumbles, her eyes half closed.

She lets her head fall back to her pillow like a dead weight, closing her eyes once again.

"Consider this revenge for yesterday." I tell her with a wide grin.

"Hmm... revenge you say?" She replies slowly, her lips forming a smile.

With no time to react, her arms reach out and pull me into herself, my face buried momentarily in her soft but firm breasts.

"Looks like I win." She declares, still holding me in this death hug.

"Mmmphh! Get off, I can hardly breath!" I call up to her, my face still smothered.

My request is met and she eases off, but she still keeps me held against her body.

Her body is so warm and soft that I could fall asleep again right here, but I'm determined not to let her win.

"I'm gonna miss you Kai. Look after yourself ok?" Emma whispers to me, her head tilted so that she can see me.

This sudden statement catches me off guard, and I know she really cares, so I nod, before slipping slowly from her grasp.

"Of course I will Emma, now get out of bed before I make you." I threaten, wearing that same mischievous grin.

"Oh? You're going to make me? How are you planning on doing that?" She replies confidently.

I spot one of her bras lying on top of her bed covers and an idea forms in my head.

"By doing this." I answer, darting towards her discarded bra and grabbing it, hauling it after me.

In length it must be longer than me, but it's only a light material so I can carry it easily by folding it in half.

"Hey get off that!" She shouts, almost falling out of bed in the process of lunging towards me.

By the time she is out of bed I'm already at the door and gaining speed, heading for the stairs.

Her footsteps can be heard and felt behind me as she tiredly stomps in pursuit.

With her bra flailing comically above my head, I urgently hop down the steps, barely avoiding tripping over my own feet.

Emma is hot on my heels having reached the top of the stairs. Her 5'8" frame is much more superior in speed compared to my 1' frame.

Reaching the bottom, she had almost caught me when I hear her yell and hit the floor. Concerned that she might have injured herself I turn back, asking if she's ok.

"Are you ok Emma?"

"I am now." She answers with a sly smile.

What?

With that, Emma snatches the bra from my grasp, sticking her tongue out at me in victory.

I can't believe I just fell for that.

"Awww, were you worried about me? My little bro wanted to know if I was ok." She teases, putting on her annoying baby voice.

"The next time you fall over, I'm not helping you." I add, feeling a little embarassed by my stupidity.

"Kai, I sure hope you don't try doing this to your new roommates, they might not be as nice as me." She teases again, this time winking at me suggestively.

"Shut up Emma." I reply, even more embarassed now.

"I'm only kidding! Jeez, don't get your hopes up." She laughs, making me feel even worse still.

Her comments are light-hearted but I always take offence easily especially when I feel as though someone associates these comments with my height.

"Tell Mom that I'll be in the kitchen trying to make breakfast." I tell her, changing the topic of conversation.

"Ok, and I might just tell her that you were sneaking into my room stealing my bras." She giggles, before strolling back upstairs.

I struggle to see why that would be such a big deal.

With a sigh, I head into the kitchen and set to work making my own breakfast for a change.

***

After ten minutes of struggling, I finally manage to pour my own milk and cereal with great effort. Some of the contents have spilled onto the table, but I would call it a success.

Mom walks in, surprised that I actually managed to make my own breakfast.

"Morning sweetie, how are you feeling?" She asks, looking more tired than she usually does.

"I'm feeling good Mom, I actually can't wait for tomorrow now." I answer, genuinely excited to leave home and go to College.

"That's wonderful! I'm so glad you got over your worries." She responds, suddenly appearing much more lively, as well as relieved.

"Me too, I thought about them last night and now I don't feel worried at all." I tell her confidently.

"That's great sweetie, now you can just relax and wait for tomorrow. All of your stuff is packed and your bags are in Emma's car ready to go. I'm going to miss you, so make sure to call me every now and then." She informs me with a warm smile.

"Of course, I'll make sure to call every day."

***

The rest of the day goes by quickly. The three of us talk whilst watching TV and by the time we are finished, it's already late.

We spend hours catching up and reminiscing over the past, before I finally decide to go to bed. Me and Emma need to wake up early tomorrow morning in order to get a head start to the day.

As I walk into my room, I hear Emma's door creak open and her footsteps shuffle across the carpet, stopping at my door.

Her shadow casts over me as she stands at the door entrance, silhoutted by the light in the hallway

"Can I come in?" She whispers.

"Sure." I reply, confused as to why she is being so quiet.

"I have something to tell you before you leave, and I didn't want to tell Mom just yet." Emma continues whispering.

"What is it?" I ask, keeping my voice down.

"I have a boyfriend." She breathes, as if letting go of a big secret, which it definitely was.

"Oh. Why haven't you told Mom?" I wonder, seeing no reason why she wouldn't tell her.

"I don't know." She replies, with a blank expression.

"Ok... well... what's his name?"

"Stuart." She answers timidly.

"Well... that's great I guess." I respond casually, not knowing what else to say.

"Yeah... ok I'm going to go now, just don't tell Mom. I'll tell her when I feel like it." She says awkwardly, walking out in the same manner she came in.

That was unexpected to say the least. What does it mean if my sister has a boyfriend? Am I supposed to do something? Who knows.

Clambering into my small bed, I drift off to sleep almost instantly.

______________________________________
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a review telling me what you thought of the chapter. :)