- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter took A LOT of thought, hope you all enjoy it :) This chapter is more down to earth than the previous ones, with more realistic emotions.
-----------------
Tris -

"Ugh." I grunt, waking up.

What time is it? It's 8:40 AM, I see, glancing at the clock. It's still early.

My head throbs and Christy has her arm draped over my back, her hand resting on my left breast.

I sit up in a flash, feeling like i'm forgetting something, Christy's arm flopping to the bed.

I place my hands on my head and over my eyes as I try to think back to last night.

What happened? My eyes have a layer of crust - dried tears - I have been crying. Crying for what?

Christy is laying next to me in bed, with no shirt on... I look away quickly. Did I sleep with her? I wonder, trying to jog my memory.

I have a hangover, my head hurts. We must have done something.

Then I remember Kai, I look towards his usual sleeping pillow but I don't see him. He must be downstairs.

I pull myself out of bed looking back at Christy, making sure not to wake her.

My head is spinning as I hold the stair railing to keep from toppling over, I walk in to the living room.

The TV is on, but I don't see Kai anywhere, I walk over to the sofa and see a crusty white substance on the soft surface. I touch it and I assume someone spillt yogurt or milk.

Then I smell it on my fingers. That smell, it somehow reminds me of the night before and I don't know why.

I race upstairs, almost jumping the whole way up, skipping two stairs at a time, I run down the hallway and into our bedroom, straight up to Christy.

I shake Christy enough to make her open her eyes, her boobs wobbling slightly as I do it.

"Hunh. Wa?" She mumbles, opening her eyes.

"Christy. Where is Kai?" I ask desperately.

I feel as though I should know where he is. But I can't remember.

Maybe he is just downstairs somewhere, maybe I'm panicking for no reason.

"Huh? Kai? I dunno Tris I'm tired, lemme sleep." She grumbles, closing her eyes.

"No Christy! Something happened last night and I can't remember what it was. Where is Kai?" I demand now.

For some reason I just know that where Kai is has something to do with Christy.

"Come on Tris, I was so drunk last night, how do I know where Kai is? I don't remember seeing him." She groans, turning over and trying to go back to sleep, landing back on the bed with a thump facing the other way.

My mouth goes dry. I saw his legs and his arms.

When Christy lifted herself up, I saw him, underneath her left breast, completely still. She landed back on top of him again with her right side.

My hands shaking, I fall to my knees and say slowly to Christy.

"Get up." "Get up. Now." I demand again, my voice rising as I say it.

"Oh come on Tris, I'm tired, what's so important that I have to get up so quick?" She complains.

I don't care about what she is saying, I just wait for her to get up, growing very impatient.

She rolls over towards me again and when her left breast lands on a lump. She notices.

A sob catches in my throat.

She rolls completely off of the bed and stands up. She looks down at me and at the motionless Kai and then back at me.

"Tris, I-" She begins.

"No. Get out." I interrupt, anger filling me. She has smothered Kai in his sleep. I know it was an accident but I just can't believe it right now.

"Tris, it was an accident I didn't know he was there, please I-" She apologizes.

Her apology isn't enough. I snap my head up to her face and glare at her with teary eyes.

She looks back at me with sad eyes and she sighs, walking out of the bedroom.

I put my arms on the bed and cross them, resting my head on top of them. He looks so peaceful, my thoughts.

I can't believe he's gone, just like that. How can I ever forgive Christy for killing Kai? Even though it was unintentional, I will always see her as the person who killed him.

I cry into my arms face down, sobbing uncontrollably. He's gone.

I stroke his head and he is looking back at me.

Wait. He's literally sitting up and staring back at me.

I double-take, he's not dead.

"Kai! Y-you're alive!" I cry, overjoyed, bending over and kissing him again and again as he lies there.

He smiles weakly up at me with heavy eyes.

I don't blame him, he just spent the night underneath a pair of D cup breasts, I smile, both amazed and overjoyed that he is alive.

"What!?" Christy bursts into the room, a look of disbelief on her face.

Kai speaks up, his words sound pained and his tone is poisonous. He jumps to his feet pointing.

"Yes you fucking bitch! I'm alive! Your little plan didn't work you slut!" He screams at her.

I stand there in disbelief. What the hell is going on here?

"Hey! You two, what the hell is going on?" I ask, confused by both of their outbursts.

"Your new lover tried to kill me Tris! That's what's going on!" He spits.

"How dare you! How was I supposed to know you were there when Tris asked me to hold her during the middle of the night. I couldn't even feel you!" Christy retorts.

New lover? I asked Christy to hold me?

"Guys! Calm down. One at a time. Kai, what do you mean?" I ask genuinely intrigued.

"Do you not remember what happened last night Tris?" He asks retorically, because I evidently don't.

"Yeah well I don't either." Christy interjects.

"You know fine well what happened last night, while you raped me and used me like some fucking sex toy!" He shouts, his voice cracking at the words 'raped' and 'sex toy'.

"Wait. What?" I say, now both scared and confused.

"What are you talking about Kai, are you talking about some dream you had of me?" Christy accuses with a face of disgust.

She doesn't seem to know what Kai is talking about at all and I picture a scene in my head of Christy rolling onto Kai in her sleep while Kai is awake. Kai beats against her breasts to try to get her attention but all she does is moan from the touch.

That's what i'm going to go off.

"Kai, I don't think Christy 'raped' you last night, she must have rolled over in her sleep." I tell him, not believing that Christy would be capable of something like that.

Her pretty and innocent face focusing on me, wearing a grateful and thankful expression.

"But-" Kai starts.

"Kai, we've sorted this out already." I tell him, not wanting a repeat outburst.

I have never talked to Kai like this, but I am worried for him more than ever, one because he is acting strangely and two because I almost lost him.

But that still doesn't explain the dried sex juices I found in the living room downstairs. It was the smell which brought back some memories of where Kai might have been.

I notice Kai and Christy exchanging intense glances.

"And Christy. Why do you have no shirt on?" I half joke. "Put those things away in front of my boyfriend, you're making me jealous!" I laugh. This causes Kai to go bright red as he seems to just realize and turns away.

"Haha Tris, i'll go, before your pervy boyfriend here stares holes in them." She jokes, smirking at me.

With that she walks out of the bedroom and I hear the patter of her footsteps get quieter as she walks down the hallway. I think I hear her shout something when I stop hearing her footsteps, it must be nothing.

"Tris! Call the police! Christy tried to kill me last night! Why don't you believe me?" He shouts up at me out of nowhere, snapping me from my trance.

"What? Kai, we've been over this." I tell him, growing impatient.

"No Tris. Trust me, I can't believe you don't remember anything from last night." He pleads.

How can I trust him when he is accusing my best friend of attempted murder?

Is he that shook up from being accidentally smothered that he thinks she was trying to murder him?

"Kai, what did happen last night? Why was Christy in our bed almost naked? And why are you so angry at Christy? The truth." I ask. Asking the three main questions that matter to me and that are bothering me.

"I can tell you what happened last night, but after we went to bed, I don't remember anything other than almost being smothered to death by that bitch." He tells me.

Although I stare at him cautioningly at his choice of words. That answers question 3.

He begins telling me.

"First off, I told you Christy likes you... more than a friend." His words careful and he continues as he sees me look shocked. That answers question 2...

Why would he tell me that? Is it true?

"You were upset by that..." He gauges my reaction and goes on.

"Then we went downstairs and you were drinking wine with Christy and you were in some sort of daze, like you were drunk."

"Christy asked you if she could hold me and you let her. Then unbeknownst to you, she had her way with me. It was horrible. She tortured me."

He says these things so easily and fluently that I can't help but believe him.

But I still can't remember them happening.

"You two kept drinking and then... you took me into the bedroom, still in that daze. That's why you should call the police Tris, because out of her jealousy of me having you, she tried to kill me. She's dangerous." He finishes, heaving a sigh of relief, he stands up straight, like a weight has just been lifted from his shoulders.

I'm glad he isn't stressed any more.

Everything he said is true, but I don't recall any of it, making what he said almost fly over my head as though I never heard it. He answered my questions as honestly as possible.

He wants me to accuse my best friend (who I have just discovered has a crush on me) of murder, I can't do that, I can see that he would do it himself if he could. But I can't do that.

"I can't do that Kai, you know that." I say, my voice shaking.

"Ok, I know that's asking a lot, but one more thing, do you remember what happened at the park yesterday?"

This question confuses me the most, now he's telling me went to the park yesterday?

"We went to the park yesterday?" I ask dumbfounded.

"I knew it." He says.

"What?"

"Christy drugged your wine with something that makes you lose your memory."

He has thought this through. He is probably right. But it seems very farfetched, so i'm a little skeptical.

"Maybe she did Kai, but you've told me everything that happened now so that wouldn't matter anyway." I explain.

"But you aren't going to do anything about this?" He questions in disbelief.

"No, I either try to get Christy to explain all this and risk our friendship and our happy lives, or we forget about it and we move on." I summarise for him, facing the facts.

He just nods and lowers his head.

This morning has to be the strangest morning I have ever experienced. All in the space of - I look at the clock - 1 hour and 20 minutes, I have learnt that my best friend tried to kill my boyfriend, she raped him and drugged my drink with some memory loss drug.

It looks like I have underestimated my best friend.

I know I said we will forget about it, but I won't let my guard down. I will be keeping an eye on her.

She doesn't know I know all this so it should be interesting.

I get changed and head downstairs for breakfast, which Christy is cooking, with Kai in my hand.

-----------
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading up to this point guys, great responses for the story so far, keep your reviews coming and if you get a review in quick enough, i'll give you the chance to choose the perspective of the next chapter. It's all down to you readers :)