- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Please feel free to leave a review, constructive critiscism would be great. Tell me if the story is lacking in any aspects, leave suggestions and also tell me if the story has too much of something. Thanks and enjoy :)

Kai is a pretty normal guy by most people's standards, formerly 6ft 1 inch, he attended the gym twice a week, had a higher than average paid job which paid for his and his girlfriend's large home, is fairly good looking and has a very likeable personality.

All of this landed him his beautiful girlfriend Tris whom he loves and the feeling is mutual.

Tris is 5ft 6 and she is the kind of girl you would compare all other girls to if you met her. She is beautiful, intelligent, kind and athletic, as she attends the gym with Kai twice a week and goes for runs in the park from time to time. She has long light brown hair which reaches down to just below her shoulders.

If you were to compare these two you would wonder if there was a more perfect couple out there. They are both 23 years old.

The day that Kai shrunk was a Tuesday after he had gotten home from work. He was in the living room watching TV when he passed out on the sofa. He woke up a few hours later and was awestruck by what he was seeing.

In that instance he decided his best bet was to climb on top of the cushion and then on to the armrest of the couch and wait from there for his girlfriend Tris to come home instead of panicking or doing anything rash.

It seemed the most logical idea at the time - Kai's way of thinking.

Tris walked in 20 minutes later with the groceries and as usual went to greet her boyfriend who would most likely be watching sports in the living room.

What she didn't expect was to see her boyfriend Kai, sitting 6 inches tall on the armrest of their sofa. She dropped the grocery bags she was carrying and got down on her knees so she was eye level with Kai.

"Ummm Kai... how... are you so small, am I seeing things?" She asked shakily.

"I don't think so honey, i'm a little confused right now too... haha" Kai answered, trying to hide the fear from his voice by laughing it off.

"What should I do sweety? I could call an ambulance or get some help..." She trailed off not really sure what to do in a situation like this.

She felt like she wanted to panic but she couldn't quite bring herself to because of the sight in front of her.

"Tris." He said, deciding to assume control of the situation. "I think we should drive to the hospital once we have calmed down and see what they make of this."

He didn't really know what to do considering only a few hours ago he was 6ft 1. People don't just shrink.

"Ok. I guess you're right, let's take this a little slower. Can I just say I didn't really expect to walk in here to see my boyfriend the size of a doll." She said with a half smile.

Kai wasn't sure what to make of being described as a doll, also the fact that it was the first thing that came to Tris' mind when she saw him was unnerving. But he's probably just overthinking.

How is he supposed to do anything at this height? He felt conflicted emotions right now, wondering whether he will be completely dependant on others and the burden he could be. It will take him a lot of effort to go anywhere without help, he is at risk at this size to numerous animals and even other people.

He felt vulnerable and also somewhat excited at the same time, he was always someone who enjoyed a challenge, be it physical or mental.

Tris on the other hand was scolding herself mentally for describing her boyfriend as a doll, it was the first thing that came to mind but she instantly regretted saying it.

She felt the need to look after him when she saw him and was at the same time upset when she realized he is no longer independant. He will hate that she thought.

She will always love him no matter what because he has done so much for her, so she will help Kai through this.

She also felt the need to take the lead subconsciously but to her relief he assumed that role. She loved it when he would do that and admired his bravery, although she could not shake off the feeling that she needed to hug him and protect him at his height.

She would make sure those feelings didn't get the better of her from now on. The feeling of being so in control of a person is a one she would compare with the control you have over a pet, although it is nothing like that at the same time, because in front of her is the person she has loved for a long time.
--------
Chapter End Notes:
Just the introduction, pretty bland, things spice up in the next chapters.