- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Thank you for the reviews so far. Enjoy the chapter :)

Kai -

We arrive home, Tris carried me back more protectively than ever before, her hand almost completely gripping me and ignoring the sweat building up in her hand. It was a walk in the park I will not soon forget. We sit in our usual positions and talk about the recent event.

"I can't believe it almost happened just like that Kai..." Tris trailed off, no doubt going over the fact that I could have died less than an hour a go.

"Yeah, but that kind of thing will never happen again you know that right?" I assure her.

"I don't know Kai... you're just so vulnerable now, you need to be protected at all times..." I can tell she has been aching to use those words and saving them for a moment like this. The same thoughts I have been having, she has been the first one to put them to words.

"So? I can still protect myself Tris, trust me!" I plead.

"I trust you Kai, but you can't protect yourself now, you just can't! She yells, making me face the cold harsh truth of my predicament.

"Ugh." I say, defeated. "This doesn't change anything Tris, we were doing fine until this happened, yes I need protecting but that's not a problem, we just need to make sure people are aware of where I am and everything will be fine."

"I guess you are right." She agrees, half-heartedly.

Just then the doorbell rings, Christy has arrived.

We had been sitting and talking for over half an hour now and the time has passed quickly, also Christy is an hour early because it's only 5 o'clock.

Tris walks to the door and I jump down the stairs from my table and sprint after her, surprisingly keeping pace just behind her.

She opens the door and Christy is there standing with luggage strapped across her shoulders, bags in her left and right hands and two suitcases behind her, you would think she was moving in with us.

"Heyyy Tris!" Christy squeals, dropping her bags and throwing her arms around Tris in a hug, with a toothbrush in her right hand.

"Thank you so much for letting me stay here, I really appreciate it." She says with a warm smile.

As I look on, Christy's eyes lock on me and instantly her gaze changes into that same heavy stare she gave me the other night. I am almost taken aback by it, but I just smile back this time and join the conversation.

"It's not a problem Christy (Even though she wasn't directing her thanks towards me for whatever reason) we are glad to be of help. Would you like me to take that toothbrush up to the bathroom for you?" I ask, offering my assistance in any way possible.

Her heavy stare lightens for a second as she pulls away from her hug with Tris.

"Sure, knock yourself out little guy, I hope it isn't too heavy for you though." She utters, walking over to me with long strides and bending down to give me the toothbrush I offered to assist her with, such a simple act to her.

To say Tris looked powerful when I saw her in the kitchen was something, but Christy is a good 5-6 inches taller than Tris and also a lot more filled out since Tris has a lean athletic build. Christy on the other hand has the appearance of a model with a curvaceous figure and from my perspective D cup size breasts, wearing a white almost transparent blouse  with a visible black bra and a turqoise skirt which hugs her hips.

She looks much more imposing than Tris does and a whole lot sexier, I hate to admit. It's all a little too much for me seeing her walk on up to me and tower over me like a mountain of flesh, only to bend her knees and cover my entire vision with her pink panties.

I must take a second too long to grab the toothbrush (which is almost as tall as me) from her hand because she drops it a few inches from my grasp and it almost lands on me like a falling tree.

She sighs and averts her gaze from me standing up to her full height and twisting on the ball of her foot, turning away from me and walking back over to Tris where her bags are.

"Kai, we'll just be in the living room when you get back." Tris tells me.

"Ok, don't have too much fun without me." Making it sound as though i'll be gone for hours. But I am determined to make it up there and back in record time to show my strength to Tris.

As I set of running up the stairs, toothbrush in hand, I listen to Christy and Tris talking.

"Thanks again for letting me stay here Tris (She never acknowledges that it was my decision aswell) i'm just so stressed out right now with moving and everything." She lets out a frustrated grunt. "I just can't believe how kind you are for letting me stay here."

"It's nothing Christy, me and Kai are here to help you through this." She says like it's one of the toughest things you can go through in life. "Let's open that wine you brought with you huh?" She asks cheerfully.

Ah, again, something I am unable to enjoy I think as I continue up the stairs. Our stairs bend left like an arc so I run up like I am going around a running track at the final bend.

I reach the top in about 50 seconds, panting from the climb, but I keep on going, jogging to the right of the top of the stairs and straight down the carpeted hallway to the bathroom entrance which looms before me.

I reach the bathroom in about 4 minutes and it takes me another 2 minutes to climb up the complex make-shift stairs to the sink. The large basket which holds all of the bathroom items and toiletries is in front of me and I throw the toothbrush into it like a javelin and it lands inside with a thump.

I rub my sides and try to slow down my panting, my legs burning from the run as I try to catch my breath. In total it must have been about 8 minutes so I am determined to make it back in less time than that.

Our bathroom is set out so that the shower room (which is a small room with complex looking knobs and nozzles everywhere) is to the left of the door from the outside and the sink is on the right tucked in the corner almost, next to the bath. The whole bathroom is white tiles and the toilet sits against the wall near the shower room.

As I am getting my breath back from behind the basket, I hear loud thumps and judging by the timing of the footsteps it must be Christy walking around upstairs. The footsteps get louder and before I know it she is in the bathroom; I gasp because of how suddenly her presence appeared and I expect her to look for me but she doesn't. Instead she does something I didn't see coming, she shuts the door and goes to use the toilet and I am not quick enough to avert my eyes before she pulls down her skirt and panties and sits at the toilet, completely unaware of my presence.

I think about saying something as I look away, the least I can do right now to make everything less awkward. I hear the gushing of pee hitting water from across the bathroom and I conclude that saying anything at this point would not end well, so I just hide behind the basket and press my back against it.

I only just realize that I am holding my breath as I hear her feet slap the tiled floor. She is standing up now I guess and I hear the tear of toilet paper and rustling, then the roar of the toilet being flushed and a loud "Ouch, shit!" and a sound of what I guess are the books which act as a staircase to the toilet and the sink toppling over.

I look around the basket and see Christy hopping and gripping her foot, then she scowls and walks out the bathroom, slamming the door in the process. Leaving me locked inside here without a way to get down or get out. I guess they will both figure out why I haven't turned up after a while.

----

Tris -

Me and Christy are having a conversation about her moving out amidst gossiping and laughing and drinking the wine she brought with her. No doubt to relieve some of the stress she is feeling from moving out. Christy is my best friend and i'd do anything to help her out.

I get into talking about the event that unfolded at the park with the girl with the yellow dress who almost sat/landed on top of Kai, I could have worded it better but Christy is such an understanding person that it won't matter.

"Yeah so out of nowhere this girl came crashing down next to me so hard, I was half expecting to hear a crunch or a snap or... or something." I say half through tears as I recall the event.

"Oh Tris that's awful." She said sounding sincere - she is such a kind person.

"Yeah, thankfully he's ok though, we had a half argument about it afterwards with him saying he could still protect himself." I confess, expressing my doubts.

Christy laughs at the last part,"Tris, we both know your little man can't protect himself, if he can't get that out of his head then he is putting himself at danger." She pauses, thinking about the next thing she is going to say. "You need to get rid of that danger Tris, if that means hurting his pride then that's what it will take. He's so vulnerable to us big people and dependant on us now, just like the news stations are saying." She finishes, her words sounding both wise and painful.

I realize that if that's what it will take to protect him then no matter what the pain, I will have to do it, I swore I would protect him.

Meanwhile Christy tells me she'll be right back, I assume to get something from a bag.

I am in deep thought, going over what Christy has said. I take a gulp of my wine and fill up mine and her glasses. I am full of emotions right now, unsure of what to do, I always feel like i'm keeping them bottled up and ever since Kai shrank I have been getting worse and worse. I need to unwind right now, and Christy's company is helping more than anything.

I am snapped out of my deep thought when Christy returns hopping into the room saying she stubbed her toe on some books in the bathroom.

Wait a second, that's where Kai was supposed to be.

"Did you see Kai?" I asked wearily.

"No I didn't, why?" She says flatly, not picking up on my worried tone even after our conversation - she isn't the smartest at times, but that's what I like about her aswell.

I run up the stairs, briefly scanning the floor as I go to see if he is there, Christy finally picking up on what I am talking about. The bathroom door is closed so if he is still in there he won't be able to get out if he tried. It must have been 20 minutes now since he offered to take her toothbrush upstairs.

"Oh shit, yeah I forgot." Christy mutters sheepishly.

I open the door and quickly scan the room, relieved to see him sitting down next to the toiletries basket. Waving sheepishly, looking very embarassed and I could guess why.

"Don't tell me you were..." Christy stops, her voice turning into a croak, looking very embarassed and wearing a shocked expression.

She doesn't need an answer because he is just as embarassed as her. What happens next is what shocks me the most:

"You fucking pervert!" Christy screams. Catching me completely by surprise and sending Kai sprawling on his back. "Why didn't you say something you little freak?! Were you just staring at me from up there?!" She shouts again, and I decide I don't like what i'm hearing.

"Christy!" I yell above her shouts. "Let's listen to his side of the story before you yell at my boyfriend like that." I say calmly, shocked at her uncharacteristic reaction. I expected her to just be embarassed but she exploded with rage out of nowhere.

"First of all I had just ran all the way up here." He begins, visibly and audibly frightened, gesturing to the sink counter. "Then while I was catching my breath, Christy walked in and before I could say anything..." He stopped there, obviously too afraid of what Christy's reaction would be if he said anything more.

I look up at Christy's facial expression and some of her blonde hair has fallen in front of her eyes which she hasn't bothered to brush out of the way, her teeth are clenched in anger, her fists are clenched and she is staring daggers at Kai. I believe Kai. I think Christy is just acting, probably thinking she was being spied on; I am surprised she would think that of Kai.

I put my hand on Christy's shoulder and the tension in her body evaporates, she unclenches everything and looks at me pleadingly with puppy eyes. She is a very pretty girl even when she is angry, even I recognize that. She is stressed out by this so I decide to make peace as best I can.

"Kai isn't lying, he wouldn't do that kind of thing Christy, trust me." I look into her eyes, trying to get her to trust me.

"I think you guys owe each other an apology."

Christy sighs, being the first to speak, her arms folded over her chest as she looks down at him with a calm expression.

"I'm sorry for accusing you Kai, just next time, say something." She says with a hint of disgust.

I suppose I would feel the same if I thought someone was spying on me while I went about my business.

"I'm sorry for not saying anything sooner Christy." "If it makes up for it, your toothbrush is in the basket." Kai says, trying to make peace with Christy, which I find very cute.

"Hmph." Christy replies, rolling her eyes and walking out of the bathroom. Apology accepted.

I walk over to Kai and he looks up at me like a frightened mouse... he looks so weak and helpless, maybe Christy was right about what I had to do to protect him.

"Come on." I say to him, pointing casually to my hand. He walks on and I feel a little bad for him, he must have just went through a lot. I just hope this doesn't affect his confidence too much, because I know more than him that he functions depending on his confidence and I would hate to see him in a weak state like this all of the time, it hurts to see him like that, so much.