- Text Size +

  Nearo felt the heat from the streaming rays of the afternoon sun right through the crimson cloak on his back. He looked up, seeing blue everywhere with patches of white clouds scattered across the sky, confirming their arrival on earth. Then he looked at Rhae for a moment, making sure she still had her eyes closed before he shifted his gaze around, smiling with mischief when he spotted what he was looking for.

    “Are you ready?” He said. Rhae nodded with unbearable anticipation. He could almost feel her racing heartbeat reverberate through the air. He placed his hands on her shoulders and slowly guided her to turn until she faced north. “You can open your eyes now.”

    She did, looking towards the distant horizon for a moment before her eyes fell down on the patches of lightgray, darkorange and ivorywhite that formed a grandiose human city, complete with houses, markets, temples and palaces.

    “Heavens, Nearo!” Rhae’s mouth gaped open and her eyes swelled. She turned towards him. “This is your gift for me?”

    “Uh-huh.” He nodded. She covered her mouth with her hands, and looked back at the city again, disbelief all over her face. It was a beautiful port-city, its stone paved roads lined with trees and bustling with activity while dozens of wooden trading ships filled its harbor, though most people had stopped at the sight of a pair of seven hundred feet tall gods appearing from the heavens. A huge, sturdy wall ran around the city, its good condition suggesting a wealthy population, but many structures had already sprawled beyond them.

    “So, you like it?” He said.

    Rhae turned towards him, looking him in the eyes. “Do I like it?” She said, her eyebrows rising from the absurdity of the question. “My love, this is the most beautiful gift anyone could have ever given me!” She jumped at Nearo, putting his hands and legs around him and hugging him tightly. He caught her body, but he had to take a step back to balance himself and in the process ground a farmhouse flatly against the earth. Then Rhae gave him a passionate kiss, enflaming his urges.

    “But… wait!” She broke off the kiss. “What do you want me to do with it? We can’t play with the city, father would never allow that.”

    “Forget Maro!” He barked, becoming annoyed. “He has no power over here. I am sovereign of this land.” She looked unsure, but he placed her back on the ground, turned her towards the city again and put his arms around her belly, etching her close against his chest. Then he put his head on her shoulder and gave her a kiss on her cheek before he whispered: “This, my dear goddess, is our wedding bed for tonight.”

    She jerked out his embrace immediately and turned around, looking at him with a stunned expression, slowly shaking her head. “No… that’s impossible. We are not allowed to interfere with humans, let alone…” She looked back at the city.

    Nearo sighed, but he could see the desire in her eyes, she was torn. He was right. She really wanted this. “I’ve brought you humans to play with countless times now. We can do this too.”

    “Nearo…” he looked back at him, concern holding back her passion. “We can’t. He will punish us.”

    “No he won’t.” He said with a firm, stern voice. “Those people worship me, not him. For that, I gave them my blessing, part of my strength. They went on to create a little empire of their own with it, and this city is its capital. But they never knew why I did it.” He took a step forward, his much heavier frame causing earthquakes that shook the area, toppling some weak buildings. He reached out towards Rhae’s cheek, brushing it gently while he marveled at her incredible beauty. “And the reason is you, love. When all the other gods failed, I managed to find out what you wanted most. It was hard to keep this a secret, but I did it all for you. You can do whatever you want with them because it’s all mine, my gift to you, and nobody can take it from us.”

    She looked at him with her piercing blue eyes, a slow breeze gently waving against her blonde hair, too weak to cause its threads to sway much. She was afraid, but equally lustful. She loved to torture her father’s creation; she despised humans for some reason and reveled in their screams, especially when she used them for her wicked ways of pleasure. But she could never attain more than a few at a time, gods were not allowed to involve themselves with humans. “You mean, we can do whatever we want with them?” She said, Nearo nodded. “Father won’t care?”

    “He won’t even know.” He said. Her breath quickened. “And until now, I’ve always watched you from afar while you did things to them, but this time, I want to participate.”

    “Oh heavens!” She jumped at him again in a passionate embrace. “I love you, I love you, I love you!”

    He grinned. He had done it. She was his.

    After another passionate kiss that he swore was a thousand times more potent than any of the countless lips of other goddesses he had tasted, Rhae let herself slide down on the ground again, and slowly made her way towards the nearest gate of the wall. She wanted to try her new gift for the first time, he guessed, and so he folded his arms against his breastplate, watching with patient curiosity.

 

    ---

 

    Rhae’s white dress concealed her feet, her steps burying everything beneath them in silent darkness. She and Nearo had appeared on a patch of farmland, but with each step towards the city, the small, delicate houses grew denser. She spotted many stragglers between them, grinning ever so slightly while she aimed her steps on them, embedding their bodies on the earth, never to be seen again. She reached the wall in just a few more strides.

    The gate complex consisted of two huge towers and a wooden frame between them. It had been raised when Rhae and Nearo arrived, but now it was lowered and shut similar to a siege situation.

    Behind the gate, a crowd of people looked aghast at the towering goddess. Traders. Travelers. Smallfolk. The usual commotion that formed small markets just in front of the gates for those denied entry to the city. They had just about managed to pass the lowering gate in total panic and hysteria, trampling many in the midst of chaos before entering the relative safety of the city and now stood still behind some equally stunned soldiers of the guard.

    Rhae tugged her dress, revealing her bare foot and poked the thick wooden gate with her toe a little, the blow still powerful enough to crack it in several places. The soldiers manning the walls were unsure of what to do, sharing confused looks with each other. They didn’t get the message, so she poked the gate again, splinters breaking off the wood, but it still held.

    To her astonishment, some of them started shooting arrows and throwing spears at her foot, infuriating her mildly. She gazed down at the soldiers who looked dismayed and alarmed at their ineffectiveness, cocking her head while she gently shook it. Wrong move.

    Her foot withdrew some distance, and then came back, blistering fast. The blow shattered the whole complex, disintegrating it along the shape of the goddess’s foot. It ripped every stone out of its foundation, propelling them with ferocious speed against the city, each one becoming a deadly projectile. They ripped through the crowds behind the gate like arrows through leaves, shredding swaths of bodies and severing countless limbs and torsos in the process before dust followed, swallowing them in partial darkness.

    Soldiers were thrown around like rag dolls, the upward motion of her arching foot flinging them into never-before-seen heights for human beings before they splattered against rooftops, streets, and alleys deep within the city. Stones and small boulders followed them along too, raining like a wave of a thousand bombarding catapults battering the city. They smashed with unstoppable violence against buildings and structures, instantly killing anyone in their path before burying themselves deep into the earth.

    Rhae breathed in deeply, smiling. All this damage, she did with a little more than a step’s effort. She bit her lower lip while she surveyed the city, spotting masses of fleeing people everywhere. They were all hers, to do as she pleased, to use them as she pleased. She started running her hands against her body, touching herself through the fabric seductively and radiating a certain kind of emotion around her while she smirked. She couldn’t wait to unleash her whole body on the city.

    “Turn around.” Nearo’s voice came from behind. “Now!”