- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Loosely based on several (mostly Greek) mythologies with an ancient/classical era setting. 

  “And thus, “ Hia, goddess of marriage declared, “ I proclaim you Husband and Wife. You may kiss the bride now.”

    The constellation of gods and goddesses gathered for the occasion immediately erupted in applause while Nearo, god of war, lifted the bridal veil of Rhae, goddess of love, looked her in her gleeful, deep blue eyes and then kissed her sweet red lips, sealing their heavenly marriage.

    “This, “ Rhae said while they parted from their kiss, a lone tear running down her blushing cheek, “is the most beautiful day of my life!”

    “And I promise you, my love, “ Nearo said with a quiet tone while brushing his black, shoulder-length hair aside, “that it will only be first day of the rest of a life that will make all the rest of them melt in jealousy.”

    She tried to suppress a giggle, her wide, childlike smile broadening even more. Then they turned towards the pantheon behind them, nodding in acceptance at the continuing applause. All gods were attended. They had to. Nearo could see the forced smiles in many of them, the resentment on the gods and the envy of the goddesses. But none would dare be absent on the wedding between the second most powerful god and the most desirable deity of the heavens, daughter of Maro, the king of gods himself who stood idly on the side after having brought Rhae to the altar, and the the only one looking bored. He hated him.

    Nearo and Rhae then slowly made their way through their midst, hand in hand, and walked towards the carrier disk where they could chose to transport themselves to any place they wished and enjoy themselves, consummating the marriage as was custom. They stepped on the round stone, Nearo purposely put his muscular arm around the back of his newlywed goddess, edging her closer to his body, and turned to address the crowd whose applause subdued in that moment.

    “I thank you, gods and goddesses.” He said. “Your attendance is immensely appreciated and deeply respected. But time has come for us to finally retreat and start our new life together. And I am very eager to present her a special gift of mine as a token of my love and devotion.”

    Rhae turned her head, a curious expression in her haunting face, her blonde hair swirling around in momentum. “A special gift?” She said, excitement overcoming her. “What kind of gift?”

    “It’s a surprise.” He smiled. It was the very thing that won her over. While all those other gods tried in vain and failed to win her hand, many ending up with a broken heart, he had remained in the background, studying her, slowly learning about her passions, her desires. He wanted to know what she wanted. And when he did, he was shocked, but equally amazed. The secret to her heart was dangerous, but he was Nearo, determination was his virtue.

    “Close your eyes.” He said with a whisper, and she did so, barely containing her excitement. The goddess of love was finally his and his only. He was no longer a mere consort, but he could touch her soft skin, run his hands around her majestic curves, cup her perfect breasts, taste her sweet nectar. He only needed to do one more thing to make her truly fall in love with him.

    To indulge her dark desires on a grand scale that she had only dreamt of.

    He concentrated, and in blinding light, they both disappeared from the stone disk.