- Text Size +

"That one over there," Henry said, pointing at a girl in her early twenties sitting two tables away from them. "She looks just right."

They had installed themselves on a small terrace of a student's pub, three streets away from the main building of the University, after a short ride with their mini-van, now parked around the corner. The girl had already been there when they arrived, together with a boy who had just entered the pub, probably to go to the toilet.

Ellen looked at the girl in question. She had shoulder- length blonde hair, a dreamily smile on her face and seemed oblivious to the world around her. The girl was about 20 years of age and had a normal figure. Ellen couldn't see what their potential target was looking at, for she wore dark sunglasses. But she agreed with her boyfriend. Yes, that one would be perfect.

"Ok," she softly said. "Now, let's inject her with the nanobots and get away."

Henry aimed the dart gun at the girl's arm, which was the best target because she wore a T shirt leaving her arms bare. With great marksmanship, he hit and pulled the wire. The girl scratched herself, probably thinking an insect had stung her, but nothing more. The nanocontrollers were injected, guiding themselves towards the optical nerves of the girl.

"Good, now its my turn," Ellen said. Pointing the disk secretly at the young woman, she twisted the knob that would douse the girl with the growing beam. It hit the unsuspecting young woman right in her back. Ellen looked discrete over to Henry, who was waiting for the controlling signal to appear on the Enlarger's monitor.

"Ok, hit," she softly said. "Now, let's get away."

"All right. Now, let's wait a minute or so and then..." Henry said, grinning. He called for the waiter, paid and left with Ellen. They seated themselves in their mini-van, hidden from unwanted attention, and prepared for their revenge.

"Ready?" he said, eyes gleaming with pre-joy. In a few moments, the girl would grow, and the nanobots would make sure she would be as steerable as a toy plane. Oh, the destruction they would cause! Revenge at last!

Henry and Ellen were looking at the Enlarger's screen. But after a while, Ellen's face darkened.

"Still no signal," Ellen said. "Are you sure you hit her?"

"Yes," Henry replied, looking at the dark screen as well. "I'm 100% sure...." Hearing sudden screams from outside, they both left the car and went towards the pub around the corner.

It was a dreadful sight. A gigantic, naked, growing woman stood there, waving her arms and hands, her head twisting left to right and back, and calling for help. The sunglasses she had been wearing were gone, burst apart by her growing head.

But it were the girl's eyes that made the couple realize why they didn't receive a signal from the nanobots. They were very small, watery, and hardly moved, although the girl fiercely twisted her head from side to side.

"Shit..." Ellen softly said. Henry's stomach churned.

The girl was blind.