- Text Size +

"Where have I gotten myself into?" she thought. She wiped her hand off with a disgusted face, on what she thought was a clear patch of street tiles but in reality was a parking lot. She didn't even feel the fifty cars she crushed. She tried to walk in a straight line, arms again outstretched, to get to a buildings' wall. Then, was her plan, she'd feel her way alongside it and back to the road, where she certainly would be noticed.
But she didn't encounter a wall, much to her surprise. She had walked to the outskirts of Salt Lake City now, trampling the Sugar House area into oblivion.

Not finding what she hoped, Lara sat down. Her huge behind compressed the leftovers of ten city blocks into obsidian, the organic material (trees, animals, people) into diamond.
She felt terrible and sad. Cradling her head, the blind giga-girl began crying. Lara knew she was naked, no one seemed to care, and she didn't have a clue were she was or what she should do. She felt helpless, even though, without her knowledge, she was the most powerful being on Earth.

With her huge feet, Lara could trample the hugest armies, the biggest cities, even hills and small mountains into nothingness. Her outstretched arms were able to touch two villages, lying thousands of feet apart, at the same time. Nothing was able to withstand her weight, she could rule the entire planet if she wanted.

But Lara, the connection between her eyes and brain broken, couldn't even tell if she wanted that.

Tears fell from her unconnected eyes, each one containing enough water to fill a small swimming pool. They splattered on the debris between her feet, washing away small stones and other light leftovers. A string of transparent slime dropped out of her nose, longer and thicker than a passenger train. Luckily no one stood in Lara's vicinity, for her mucus could have smothered a small crowd. It mulched slowly down the debris, disappearing between chunks of rocks and metal rods.

Lara was desperate. The only thing she wanted to do was remain sitting here, where she was now, and stay until someone would finally come and help her. A naked, crying girl should attract enough attention sooner or later. Lara thought that a policeman would come and help her, if no one else.

At the giantess' enormous feet, Salt Lake City was destroyed. Only a few outskirts remained more or less intact, but the center was one big, flattened dead man's land. She had accidentally killed 90,000 people, destroyed property worth countless billions and wrecked the landscape more than Godzilla in the recent movie did with Honolulu or San Francisco. No wonder, at two miles, the blind girl was so huge, Godzilla was like a bumblebee compared to her. If that gigantic lizard like creature really would exist, Lara could have squashed it under her big toe and feel little more than a small pop.

Suddenly, the giantess felt dizzy again. It seemed as if she was falling. Lara didn't know for how long she had been crying, but the strange feeling of dizziness brought her back to reality. She felt winds blow around her, and her behind suddenly hurt. She smelled dirt, as if she was standing next to a building being demolished. Lara had trouble breathing, as suddenly dust filled her mouth. She coughed. Just as a new panic attack was about to break out, she felt a hand on her shoulder.


Epilogue

The Enlarger was finally fully charged. Henry had made his way towards Salt Lake City's center, aimed at the two-mile giantess and fired. Luckily, the blind girl sat still instead of moving around, else the risk of being stepped on had been too big. Within a minute, the girl had begun shrinking. Henry quickly climbed over the debris of downtrodden buildings and ran towards Lara. He had tied a handkerchief over his mouth, because the smoke rising from the destroyed masonry made breathing a torture. Although he could hardly see anything himself now, walking though the thick, dusty clouds, he found Lara quickly. The girl, now back to her height, was coughing loud enough to hear from a distance. Henry had taken her with him, hardly listening to her whining, questioning and rambling. He was too occupied thinking of what was about to come next.



The eyes of the judges showed no mercy. It was obvious it took all of their professional self-control not to begin expressing their disgust in an emotional way. Henry and Ellen knew. It had been so the entire trial. In the media, the couple had been described as the greatest villains since Hitler. Countless times, the judges had to remove people from the public, because they were yelling threats and accusations at them. They knew it would be the ultimate penalty for them.

Lara had been tried as well, but it became quickly clear she could not be held responsible. All charges against her were dropped. Not that it did her any good. After it had been made clear to her what had happened, and it took quite some time to convince her she had been a two-mile giantess destroying Salt Lake City, her life was ruined. She did nothing but cry, expressing her regret, trying to think of ways to settle things. But there was none. The blind girl had to take psychological therapy to cope with her feelings of guild and, though innocent, the FBI went to great lengths to protect her from the public. After all, some people did hold her responsible for the destruction and killing she had caused and wanted to kill her. Her life would be one of hiding now.

Not Henry's and Ellen's. They were given the death penalty.

Cheers went up from the crowds outside the courthouse when the leading judges' hammer struck.

Both were given a fatal injection less than a month later.

THE END