- Text Size +

"Bloody hell," Henry swore. He saw how the giantess in front of him expanded rapidly. After a few seconds of shock, he made a run for it, back to the van. The blind girl would have steamrolled him, flattened him under her growing feet, which gobbled up more and more space.

Lara grew and grew. She reached 2,000 feet within ten seconds. Indeed, her huge feet obliterated everything they hit by mere expanding. Each foot was now easily over 300 feet long, 160 feet broad and 40 feet high. Not to mention the weight. Countless tons of flesh easily crumbled walls of entire buildings as they pushed against them, snapped the thickest, sturdiest trees like toothpicks and crushed cars and trains as if made of thin foil. Everyone getting under the meanwhile 3,500 feet tall giantess was lost. Squashed beyond recognition, pressed into a pulp.

Lara didn't know. She felt a bit dizzy again as she shot up, but contributed it to the stress she had. She was naked, didn't have a clue where she was and why no one bothered to help her. She kept walking around, her now 1600 feet long arms outstretched, waving in the air, feeling around and hoping to find someone to ask for help. But she felt nothing. Where was Harry? Why didn't he show up and help her? Lara was nearly crying. She felt lost and abandoned. No one seemed to bother with helping her. Didn't the people see she was in trouble?

The blind girl had experienced a lot of idiots in her life. People who reacted stupid on her presence, even hostile. And, of course, there were those morons who thought it was a great sport to make fun of her ("Shall we play I Spy? Ha, ha". Yeah, very funny. Fool.). But this, being so alone, was worse. Even a moron would have been welcome.

Lara suddenly shuddered of cold. She presumed the weather had changed. A cloud moving before the sun, perhaps. In truth she had reached the unbelievable height of 5,000 feet, and the temperature so high up in the air was a good deal lower.

On the ground, the destruction went on. Her legs smashed though entire skyscrapers, houses vanished under her bare feet by the score and the death toll rose with hundreds after each step. The centre of Salt Lake City was turned into a patch of deep footprints, with mangled masonry, cars, vegetation and countless squashed people bedded in them. The train station was stepped on entirely as the blind girl surpassed the one mile mark. Nothing remained of the proud, sturdy machinery, tracks and stores under Lara's huge, 1,000 feet long, naked foot.

Lara still thought she was walking over a path of gravel and that the buildings she felt against her calves were weeds. On occasion, she bent down and groped around, her long, long fingers leaving nothing standing of what they touched. Where the hell was she? What was going on?

Lara, the in the meantime 1,5 mile tall giantess, was the ultimate destruction entity. And worst of all, she didn't know. Her in-eternal-darkness-embedded brain had no clue of the destruction and the suffering down there. The population of Salt Lake City, being decimated so effectively by someone blind, realized now how important the eyesight is.

Lara crushed entire neighborhoods with one step. Parks turned into muddy foot-shaped pools, as the ponds were smeared over the destroyed vegetation. A car park was totally obliterated as Lara stepped neatly on its center. Hundreds of expensive cars were compressed immediately, embedded firmly into the ground. And the now huge brain of the giantess could do nothing but interpret the signal from her foot sole as having stepped on a piece of waste, maybe thin foil or rotten paper. That is how everything felt for her. Thin, fragile pieces of waste. Trees, if the 1,5 mile tall Lara could feel them at all, were like moss to her in blackness shrouded mind. Houses and garden sheds felt like crystallized sugar as it crunched under her weight. People were now so tiny to her that she didn't feel them at all. Only a mob of fleeing people was something she did sense. The people forming the mob all burst open like overripe fruit as she -accidentally- placed her foot on them. Overripe fruit, that was what Lara thought she had stepped on as she felt a part of her foot getting moist, sticky and slippery. But it was no fruit. It were at least two hundred fleeing people, trying in vain to get away from her all-obliterating feet. And in the meantime, Lara kept calling for help. Calling for Harry, calling for anyone. It was tragic.