- Text Size +

"Shit!" Henry swore. Ellen and he had fled once it was clear there was no way to control the girl. No matter what he tried, there was no way to make any contact with the giantess' brain. Now they stood in an alley, at a safe distance from the giantess, watching her grow and walk around without a clue of what was going on.

"Shrink her!" Ellen cried. "Shrink her back! Quick!"

"That is not possible. Damn! We should have thought of an emergency plan. Shit man!"

Henry and Ellen had presumed the army would have killed their subject, and no one would be the wiser. Hence they didn't even consider to make sure they could shrink their victim if something went wrong. A grave mistake, as it turned out.

"Do something!" Ellen shrieked. "She'll keep growing and growing and in the meanwhile she destroys the entire city! Fuck it!"

"I can't... Shit." Henry said softly. He looked at the growing girl, who was crushing cars like matchboxes under her huge naked feet while turning her head with the unseeing eyes in it left and right. Trees snapped, and a lone pedestrian was turned to mush as his tiny body had to bear the giantess unforgiving weight.

"We must do something," Ellen said. "There must be a way. Wait...  yeah that's it! Come, let's go back home!" Ellen tore Henry back towards their van, which stood parked on the other side of the street. Luckily for them, the giantess had walked in the opposite direction, or else the van would be a piece of flat metal now. On their way home, Ellen explained her plan.

"I'll have to change the polarity of the beam, then shoot that blind monster with it," she said hastily. "The extra bio-mass will then be changed back to the air it is made of. After that, we just have to wait until the nanobots are being destroyed by her white blood cells, and everything is back to normal again."

"Safe for the destruction she has caused," Henry said. "The university is still standing, and she has killed more people than we wanted. Damn!"

"Fuck, I know," Ellen spat back. "Rather help me reprogramming the Enlarger."

The couple worked feverishly for the next 20 minutes, but luckily, everything went well. Ellen wiped some sweat from her forehead as the Enlarger was finally reprogrammed.

"Ok, now we'll have to get back to her. Remember, turn the knob to the right. Left means growth, and I don't know what effect another growth beam will have on her," Ellen said.

"I guess she'll grow further," Henry replied.

"Of course, you nitwit!" Ellen spat. "But I can't say if she'll grow another 1,000 feet or that a second beam will have a synergetic effect. That it might strengthen the effect the first one had and therefore cause an enormous growth spurt. That is what I cannot tell."

"Ok, to the right, got it," Henry said as they made a run outside. The couple drove fast towards the giantess, who undoubtly had caused a lot more damage in the meantime.

"Perhaps she has trampled the university already," Henry thought. But somehow, Henry was not happy with that thought. Yes, he hated the people and the place, and yes, he wanted them killed. But not those innocent people out on the street. Not the houses and cars that had nothing to do with the university. He and Ellen had always embraced the feeling of taking revenge, reveled in it even, but they didn't want innocents to suffer. Only those that wronged them. Only those that were part of the university they despised so much. Only the building had to be destroyed, not countless others. They were surgeons, not butchers.

As everything sank in, Henry felt guilty. Ellen, no doubt, as well. He pressed the gas nervously, the sooner they'd reach the unaware rampaging giantess, the better.

She was not hard to miss. Her huge head towered over the buildings, and the closer you came, the more destroyed property was seen. Houses ravaged as if hit by bombers. Trees broken and splintered like toothpicks. Flattened layers of colored metal mixed with shattered glass, that was all that was left of countless cars the blind girl had stepped on. Henry had difficulties not losing his lunch as he saw the blood, crushed bodies and twisted lumps of flesh that had been people. Tears welled up in his eyes. He heard the screams of the injured, the lamentations of those that lost loved ones. And he realized that it was all his doing. He felt terrible.

Ellen too, was sobbing silently. She had not spoken a single word since they drove off. She was no doubt suffering too.

As they reached their destination, Henry sprang out of the van and hurried towards the blind girl. As he reached the giantess, Henry stood in front of a train station. He saw with horror how the giantess lifted a Frontrunner- train and, with a puzzled expression, felt the diesel-powered vehicle. The impressive train, weighting many tons, dangled about 700 feet in the air. The blind girl held it like nothing, as if it was a toy. Her huge fingers slid across the train cars, as if they were a thick necklace. Here and there a window broke, dents appeared in the metal, wheels broke off. How massive she was!
After about a minute, the 1,000 foot girl placed the train- relatively gently- back on the ground, although on the street instead of on the tracks. As she was about to walk further, arms outstretched and calling for help, Henry took aim. He pointed the disk of the Enlarger at her torso and twisted the knob to the right.

The machine hummed.

And much to Henry's shock, the giantess began growing again.

Very fast.