- Text Size +

"Hello? Anyone? Is anyone there? Harry? Hello?"

Lara didn't understand. No one answered her calls. Where was Harry? Surely he must have come back from the toilet in the meantime, but neither he, nor anyone else seemed to be near.

"This is not funny," Lara said. "Come on! This is no fun at all!" Lara cried, as she still thought someone had somehow managed to tear her clothes off and was no doubt silently laughing at her. But still nothing happened. At least according to her.

At her feet, a lot happened. As the blind, already 500 feet tall girl stumbled around, arms outstretched, she trod upon all kinds of things. Cars vanished under her feet, crunching like beetles. Trees broke off like small reeds, and traffic signs were pressed into the tarmac. As she turned, her outstretched arms bumped into a nearby building. She smashed three stories as her 200 feet long arms and 35 feet long hands plowed through the windows, office rooms and concrete floors. Too bad the building was 30 stories high, and Lara cut through the 24th, 25th and 26th floor. The upper four floors broke off and fell down with a large crash.

"What was that?" Lara asked aloud. She had felt how she hit the building, but didn't have a clue what it was. She presumed she had struck some kind of vase or ceramic bowl and knocked it off a table or shelf. The crash was loud enough for her to hear, and it had startled her. What had she done? Slowly, she bent over again and felt with her hands at whatever it was she had knocked over.

She felt with her long fingers, each about 15 feet, along the base of the building, but doing so, she crushed more of it. People were flatted and smeared over the yielding floors as the huge, heavy fingers of the blind giantess steamrolled over them. No wonder, each of Lara's fingers had the size and weight of a mini-van.

"Hello? Anyone near? Can someone help me?" She cried again, her head tilted up. She still didn't have a clue about her size and the destruction she was causing. As her huge hands patted over the remains of the building, windows shattered like made of thin sugar, stone and concrete crumbled like dry crackers, and the furniture broke and bent.

"Damn," Lara softly swore. Not knowing what she should do, she stood up, now 600 feet tall, and left.

Lara walked around in the city. She crushed one-story houses like rotten cigar boxes, flattened cars and trees and squashed people by the scores. The blind giantess groped quizzingly at skyscrapers, which crumbled like make of crisp plastic in her hands.

Oblivious to the destruction she was causing, Lara still thought she was in the vicinity of the pub, and that her friend would grab her by her arm and explain what was going on every second. Little did she know Harry was nothing but a smear among smears under her huge sole.

The tiny people in the streets ran in every direction, trying to get away from the meanwhile 800 feet tall giantess. Her footfalls were random, since Lara changed directions frequently. She stepped on trees and buildings alike, and rubbed her enormous naked foot over the ground when something like a sharp piece of masonry stung it. Too bad while doing so, the 120 feet long foot steamrolled the area she rubbed it over completely. Nothing but uprooted, smashed trees, bulldozed houses and red, fleshy smears remained.

Lara felt the debris under her feet and thought she was walking over a patch of gravel, dotted with tiny wooded fragments. Where were her sandals? And why had her clothes snapped and fallen off, if it was not that anyone stole them? Hoping to find them, she bent her knees and felt the ground a second time, even if she didn't expect to find something.

Her 90 feet long hands caused again unphantomable damage. They were so massive, they broke through the heaviest walls with ease. Her groping fingers, each over 35 feet long, tore the sturdiest structures down, like the tentacles of a gigantic octopus. As Lara tried to figure out what she was feeling before her, she tore down office buildings and destroyed a small park entirely. Her huge hand palms flattened the majestic trees as if they were mere daisies. She took a huge 16 wheeled truck and pressed it flat between her thumb and forefinger. Thinking it was a cigarette butt, the giantess threw it away, disgusted. It smashed into a restaurant, which, fortunately, had been abandoned already by terrified people. Its furniture was quite damaged though.

Lara, for all she knew, thought she was feeling garbage on a path of gravel, dotted with tiny flowers (the park's trees). And though that wasn't enough already, the gigantic blind girl kept crying out loud for aid and her friend, Harry. Her voice was earth-shaking. The huge volume made eardrums snap, parked cars rock and shattered windows.

When she reached 1,000 feet, her growth stopped. Too bad not the mayhem she was causing.