- Text Size +

The Roommate

By

Asukafan2001

 

 

           Kacie rolls over at first not realizing the change in her surroundings. As she opens her eyes and then bolts up.

 

“What the hell? Where am I?” blurts out Kacie as she stands up. Kacie looks from the left to the right in the pitch black room. She runs her hand along the wall noting how odd it feels. The wall feels damp and moist, yet firm. The blare of an alarm clock rings throughout the room. Kacie covers her ears and falls to her knees cradling her head in her lap trying to escape the noise that she recognizes as her roommate, Tara’s alarm clock.

           The entire room fills with the mind numbing noise of Tara’s alarm clock which she sends into total silence almost instantly. Kacie pulls her head up from her lap looking around seeing nothing but black as she stands up and starts walking in no direction in particular.

           A minute or two passes as a loud squeaking rolls across the room. Kacie recognizes the noise as Tara’s bed squeaking but it sounds so much louder then usual. The ground begins to moan and groan, followed by a thunderclap then two deafening thuds that sends Kacie face first into the ground, then without even a chance for her to stand up she is bounced up and down again and again.

           Several minutes go by before the chaos dissipates and Kacie finds herself still on the floor. She feels herself not finding any injuries, just some bruises. She pulls herself over to the wall and sits up against it.

           “What the hell is going on” she mumbles to herself. A few minutes pass before the rumbling returns. As each moment passes the noise grows louder and stronger, Kacie struggles to maintain her place, then everything just stops, a scraping noise runs careens across the room. Kacie looks directly to the front of the room where a single beam of light pushes its way into the room, There are soon two then three beams then entire room is illuminated with light, for the first time Kacie could see the grungy walls, the spongy unwashed looking floor, however with the light shining in the air in the room was getting a bit more pleasant.

           It was then that the entire room begin to slant and Kacie found herself sliding uncontrollably towards the front of the room, finally smacking face first into the wall Kacie looks upwards seeing a weird skylight in the room. This only puzzles Kacie more that is until she sees just above the skylight a grey wall that has USC Volleyball on it, above that grey wall Kacie sees the face of her roommate Tara smiling down at her.

           “Tara, down here, Tara!” Kacie screams upwards hoping her roommate and friend can hear her.

           “I guess you don’t quite understand yet do you Kacie.” Smarts Tara as her eyes bore down on her now tiny roommate.

           “What do you mean, I don’t understand? You have to help me get to a hospital or something.” Pleads Kacie as she looks up at titan sized friend.

           “What I mean is, how do you think you got in there? Remember what you said last night? All fair in love and war.”

           “You stay away from Trevor Tara!! You hear me, Stay away from him!”

           Tara smirks down coldly at her roommate as she shoves an old sock back into the shoe ending any chance for rebut by Kacie.