- Text Size +

The young woman, Carmen was her name,  stood patiently inside the test chamber with her bony hands behind her back. There was a long line of circumstances leading her to this. It had all really started back when she was a baby, when she was sent to an orphanage and never learned who her true parents were. Carmen was never adopted, probably due to her shy, boyish personality. When she became a legal adult, she was put out into the world, but soon became poor and homeless. 


She was living on the streets for a good four years, begging for food and work. In the past, she had even found herself being paid for sex. Though many of her "customers" were disappointed by her apparent lack of breasts, the men appreciated Carmen's large hips. Though she was incredibly ashamed, she tried to remind herself that she needed this. She was doing what she needed to to scrape by. When she saw they were paying good, quick money for this testing thing, she immediately registered.


        She wasn't the ugliest of girls, nor was she the prettiest. Though she normally didn't have many chances to bathe, the testing facility had been nice enough to let her use their showers. Carmen's hair was cleaner then she was used to. They had also provided her with suitable testing clothing; a simple white shirt and matching pants, completing the outfit with comfortable white booties.


Carmen was a normal height, maybe a little taller; about 5' 7" or so, but she hadn't had a chance to check in a while. As for her body type, she was what many called a "pear shape". She called it "having a big butt". Being out on the streets and all, she was rather malnourished and light. Whenever she wore tight, thin shirt (which accounted for most of her clothing; most of them were worn children's clothes), her ribs would show through the material.


        The tests weren't dangerous, hopefully. If they were, she could probably sue or something. It wasn't like she had much of anything to lose. She didn't know who her family was, she had no friends, and not a cent to speak of. If the testing went okay, she'd have a bit of money and some experience in a working environment. 

              She watched the scientists in those strange and scary white radioactivity suits talk to one another, words she couldn't hear through the glass cylinder, and gulped when they looked to her. Even though she couldn't see their stares, there was something in the way they looked at her. More like a gerbil than a human. One of them typed something in and pressed a button.There was an energy going through her, something tingling that caused a lump in her throat, and then it stopped. She felt a terrible headache and her vision blurred.


The scientists pressed another button and the chamber filled with sweet-smelling gas. Carmen's vision darkened and she felt herself slip into unconsciousness.