- Text Size +
Story Notes:

My first story, so please review and share your thoughts!

For a certain Phil Connors, life wasn't fun.  He was sixteen, almost seventeen, and life was coming too fast.  In a matter of a few short years, Phil had gone from a carefree child to a stressed out teen.  At this crucial tipping point in his life, Phil was forced to drop his childhood happiness and replace it with worry.  He had to study for his exams, because this is when colleges would be looking at him.  In the next few years, he'd have to get a job, take the SATs, and apply for college.  He didn't have time for fun, and as a result he started to hate life.  And so, on the morning of Feburary the second, Phil wasn't planning on enjoying his free Sunday.  He planned on getting up and applying for some scholarships and doing his AP Chem homework.

Of course, this Sunday wasn't a day that would be normal.  Because of a rare event where all of the Groundhogs in the world see their shadow in the exact same way, Phil was hit by a magic curse.  When he finally opened his eyes on that fateful Sunday, he would never look at the world the same way.

 

Beep Beep Beep

From a deep sleep, Phil was shaken awake by the screech of his alarm.  "Urrg."  He rolled over and reached for his pillow to cover his head, but his grasping arm found nothing but empty space.  "Uggh?"  Not quite awake, Phil sat up on the endless blue expanse of his bed.  He trudged over to the side of the mattress and reached over the void that split the bed from the bedside table.  

"Where the hell's my...  Giant alarm?"  Phil finally noticed a change when he looked at his digital clock.  "But how?  How is my alarm giant?"  Being sensible, the first thought in his mind was that he was being punked.  "Heh.  Very funny guys.  You got me."  He looked around.  There were no cameras and no laughing friends.  Either this prank was extremely boring, or his first quess was wrong.  Before he could further ponder this, a massive being emerged.  Standing far above the horrified Phil was his massive 15 year old sister, Lydia.  Dressed in her pajamas and with her hair ruffled, Phil could help but stare at her skyscraper sized form as she ripped the alarm cord from the wall.  "Goddamn it Phil," she muttered to herself.  "Every fucking Sunday."  Without another word, she stumbles sleepily out of our shocked protagonist's room.

 

Phil Connors, straight A student at the top of his class, had only one thing to say: "What the fuck?"

Of course, Phil wasn't shocked for too long.  He was a no nosense kinda guy, and so he developed a plan.  Realizing how dangerous the world could be at his scale (which was difficult for him to be certain of), he decided quickly that he'd need to get someone's attention.  In his house was his 37 year old mother Kyra and his two sisters, Lydia (who we have already met) and Maddy, who was 14.  His best bet would be Kyra, but he wasn't going to be picky.  He had a good relationship with them all, even if he could be a bit distant at times.  So Phil set off, rapelling down his sheets and sprinting across his floor, only to be knocked back by the force of the door opening again.  Phil was sent sprawling back and he collided roughly with a discarded pencil.  His back snapped, and he screamed in pain.  Phil forced his eyes open to see what did this to him, only to get a sight no one ever expects to see.  Directly above his paralized body was the slightly wrinked sole of his mothers foot mid step.  Phil stopped screaming, closed his eyes, and let out a tear as the step completed.  Phil's body was completely pulverized by the impact.  His interals splattered against Kyra's soft sole, and she didn't even feel it.

 

For a normal hero, this would be the end.  However, Phil wasn't our normal hero.  For you see, his curse is truely frightening because there is no escape, not even through death.  And so, in what felt like not time, Phil's eyes opened to the sound of his alarm as the cycle began anew.

 

Beep Beep Beep

Chapter End Notes:

A short chapter to start this off and to set the scene.  Please, leave some advice and comments in the reviews.