- Text Size +

Most of the class gasped, some hid their eyes, others either said "aww" or "cool". "This is Robert." Tina spoke like nothing abnormal had happened. "He has agreed to stay with us for a while. Now, there are some ground rules with Robert. He is to be treated with the utmost respect. He is not inferior or your personal slave. If he is hurt then the ones responsible will be given hover disk cleaner duty for two months. If he is killed then the ones responsible will be forced to spend the rest of the year on the ground. Understood?" The class, now with a mix of scared faces and curious faces, nodded. "One more thing before I let Robert answer questions. He has a memory block in his head. Can anyone guess why?" No hands went up this time. "It's to help keep the humans from disobeying us. They think that being a servant in the norm so they will never disobey. That said I have told Robert here a lot about his past so feel free to ask questions, but keep in mind that he might not be able to answer all questions."

One by one each girl rose her hand and asked a question. I couldn't answer most of them. After a while another ring erupted in the air. The kids stood up and walked out of the class room chatting away, lunch boxes in hand. Tina, who had sat down at her desk once I started answering questions, stood up and smiled.

"You did good." She said picking up the tank.

"Why thank you." I said with a sarcastic bow. Tina giggled. I yawned. "Why am I so tried?"

"Well it is almost midnight in the US. You should get some rest. You'll need it for the second half of class."

"Why, what am I doing in the second half?" I asked as Tina put the tank back on the counter by the window sill.

"I gave the class a very brief overview of humans. For the second half I'm going to give them a more in depth look at your history." She pulled up a chair and sat down.

"I'm sorry that I can't help you with your teaching." I said. Tina's face became pinched with forgiving.

"Don't be. You were asleep when they put the block in. There was nothing you could have done to stop it." As she spoke her face slowly turned from forgiveness to curiosity. "Hey. Hey, I just had an idea."

"I'm all ears." I said.

"I can't deactivate your memory block completely, but I can tell it to allow a few memories through. So, what I was thinking is, I could talk about the three main Wars on Earth. You know the three World Wars. Then you could comment on the third war and the second American Civil War. What do you think?" My body swirled again with emotions. I felt like I was going to vomit.

"Um. Well." I said my brain spinning like a hurricane. "I'm all for getting some of my memories back, but. War has a lot of death in it. And when I think of it a mix of feeling rise from some hidden bank." I closed my eyes to focus on war. Screams of all kinds rang in my ear drums. Screams of women and children and men and sounds of machine gun fire. The sounds started quiet, but quickly rose to an unbearable level. All I could hear were screams and gun shots and death. I threw open my eyes to try and get rid of the noise, but it persisted. "No!" I screamed. I started running around the tank. "Leave me be! Leave me you foul voices." I covered me ears trying to block them for this horrendous torrent of sounds. Then the whole world became a swirl of colors. I looked around the sides of the tank were leaking a white gas. I slowed as did the sounds. My body felt heave, but I didn't feel anything else. I took my hands away from my ears, and looked around. Tina had stood up and she was breathing heavily. Her massive globes rose and fell in an almost hypnotic sense. I tore my eyes from them and looked at Tina's face. She hit some buttons on the roof, and the gas stopped being dispensed. She knelt down her eyes were close to tears.

"Robert? Are...Are you alright?" She asked her voice near breaking. I put my hand on my head.

"Yea, yea I think so. I don't know what came over me. I just heard..." I explained what I had just went through. "Have you ever seen this in a human before?" Tina, who had claimed down, was sitting in the chair she had knocked down.

"No. Never, but I can look online to see if anyone else has." Her arm lit up with the same orange cylinder. After a few minutes of tapping on buttons, and nodding her head. She finally looked up and said. "It says here that you are suffering from WBS. That means War and Battle Syndrome. It says that most humans get WBS from tours of duty. Events that you did in both wars are coming back to haunt you. It also says that..." She stopped suddenly.

"That what?" I asked. Tina looked disgusted, but at the same time curious. She looked up at me then stood up and ran to the door. A moment or two later she returned and turned the roof off.

"I'm doing this for you." She said in a relaxed tone of voice. She placed me on the counter. Metal chains, tied to the tank, kept me from running off. Tina then closed the blinds on the windows. She stood in front of me and then slowly began to take off her clothes.