- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first story so I would like to get as much feedback about the story and what you think about how it is going so far.

 

 

My name is Matthew Thompson and I am 16 years old and sophomore in high school, and about 6’2” with loose brown hair and brown eyes. Also probably to your surprise like everybody else who’s never been to my city I am the shortest member of my family, with my mother Amber who is about 130 feet tall 35 years old and has long very light brown almost blonde hair. Then there are my two sisters Ashley who is 18 and a senior, who is also over 100 feet tall and looks quite a bit like my mother. Finally there is my younger sister Sarah who is 14 and in eighth grade. She of course is also over 100 feet tall but she also wears her hair differently as it is blonde and she usually has a ponytail of some sort. Now you have met the famous Thompson family, congratulations.

Now some people might think that my life is impossibly hard living with three giantesses, but I am proud to proclaim that that is not the case. When I say I am proud, what I really mean is that my family loves me just as much if not more than any other. My mother can be a little overprotective at some points where I sometimes wonder if she understands that I am the “normal” one in the family and that I can survive in the world perfectly fine. Now don’t get the wrong idea, I love my mother with all of my heart for everything she does for me. My sisters also care about me especially Ashley who has always been there for me like an older sibling would in any family with mine being no exception. In that same thought I have always felt bad about not being able to be the big brother to my sister Sarah. Not that I need to physically protect her by any means, I can still talk to her but because she is so much bigger than me I just don’t feel like I can  give as much. Well there is a quick summary of family, and I should probably get ready for school…

 

          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Ahhhh” Matt said as he began to get out of his bed. “Good morning sweetie” Amber said warmly as she peered down into his room. “Morning mom” he replied as he made his way to the bathroom to take a shower. “Breakfast is ready, and your sisters are already eating so come quick before your food gets cold.” She said as he walked. “Ok, thanks mom…. Love you.” He said as a nice grin slid onto his face. “Love you to Matt.” She said smiling wide like always. That grin wouldn’t be leaving soon because he meant what he said. “It is really nice to have my own rooms sized to me.” He thought to himself as he did every day imaging what it would be like living without it. His mother had had it built when she felt he was old enough for his own room which of course was much later than when his sisters got their own rooms, because when his younger sister Sarah got her own room he was still in his mothers. His father had left them shortly after Sarah’s birth and Matt couldn’t help but think it was because of him and it really hurt him inside every time he thought about his father. The shower hissed as it was turned off and he went to grab some shorts and a T-Shirt. “Maaaatt” Ashley said in a rather annoyed tone as she made her way to his part of the house “We need to go, Come on!” "I guess I dont get any breakfast"He thought to himself.“Alright let’s go” he said back up to her. She responded by lowering her hand as he quickly climbed aboard his personal bus to school. “Be safe you two” Their mother said as they left out the front door. “Sure mom” Ashley responded for both of them.

The duration of the trip consisted of silence from both of them due to a combination of them being busy with their own thoughts and it being only a one minute trip. She dropped Matt off at the main doors of the school and heading to where she needed to be. “Thanks sis” He said to her as she dropped him off. “No problem” she said back warmly. “Hey Matt” Shouted Tim, one of Matts close friends “Hey Tim” he said as they approached each other. “So, are we still hanging out at your place after school?” Tim asked. “Yeah, that’s the plan. And you can either come with me and Ashley or get your own ride.” Matt responded. “I guess I will just ride with you if it’s alright with Ashley of course” Tim said. “Of course, but I am sure she would be happy to oblige.” Matt replied “Awesome, but we should probably head to Math; I don’t think either of us want Mrs. Stevens to have to give a lecture about getting to class on time”. “Yeah we should probably go.”

Matt was sitting in History, his last period of the day and if that wasn’t bad enough it was the Friday before spring break. “Mr. Thompson, what were the main causes of the First World War?” “Huh…” he said being knocked out of his open eyed sleep. “Can you tell me the causes of World War 1 please?” “Well there was a strong sense of national betterment among the European countries in which they created huge militaries to expand and create empires along with the various alliances created, for example the alliance between Germany and Austria-Hungary, this then when Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia Germany joined and those allied with Serbia such as England caused a chain reaction creating a “World War”. “…” the teacher was speechless; thinking matt was not paying any attention. “DING-DING-DING” as the bell rang “Have a good break and see you in a week” the teacher stated after returning to his desk.

“Alright let’s go find Ashley” Matt said to Tim as they left through the main Doors. “Nice job with that question back there” Tim said starting a conversation. “Yeah I really do pay attention but I guess I just don’t look like it” Matt replied. “There she is I’ll go ask if she is willing to give you a lift”. “Alright” Tim said. “Hey Ashley…” Matt said as he tapped her foot “What!” she said as she turned very quickly on her heels knocking Matt over to hit his head on the pavement knocking him out… 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading the first chapter, I know it is Rather short right now but that felt like a good place to stop for now. please leave a comment about what you think and I will try to continue the story asap.