- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story will be 25 chapters max. Each chapter will detail one hour in the lives of random citizens within New Terminus. I have a general idea of where it's going to end.

Author's Chapter Notes:

The quarantine was hard on many of the citizens of New Terminus but for some it had altered their entire way of life.

 

It was just another night in the forgotten city. Families locked away in their homes, criminals raging in their clubs, and the occasional bum lining the streets. One such bum was Jason Moore. Prior to the quarantine Jason was a well-respected painter but in a world where survival is all that matters the arts have all but been forgotten. Jason had taken to the streets months ago, wandering and tagging anything and everything he could. He eventually took to creating massive graffiti murals on the abandoned buildings in New Terminus. Tonight, however, Jason picked the wrong building.

“Come on Matt! We gotta hurry this’n up!” Shouted Jason from the roof to his partner Matt

“I’m climbin’ as fast as I can J. This ladder doesn’t exactly scream “safety” you know!” Matt replied

The two of them had decided to use some climbing equipment they’d looted to paint the side of an abandoned apartment building.

“Almost there!” Matt screamed from the 9th floor of this 20 story building

As Jason was about to reply a massive quake was felt from within the building.

“The fuck was that?!” Matt screamed from below

“I don’t kn-“

Jason stopped speaking as he felt yet another tremor from within the building. Suddenly there was a massive crashing sound from deep within. The building was breaking apart. The shaking hadn’t yet stopped and it was only getting worse. Jason ran to the edge of the rooftop and grabbed the ladder.

“I’m going down! Hurry up!” Matt screamed

But he was too late. Jason wasn’t able to hold on as the building rocked and swayed. A golden light emanated from within the walls as Matt fell from the building.

“Jasooon!!!” Matt screamed as he fell.

“Damn.” Jason said flatly as he looked at his friend, unconscious but not dead.

He ran to the center of the building, thinking it would be safer than jumping off. He was wrong. The world changed around him as the roof became… higher? It was rising. Soon Jason realized that the roof had been separated from the building and was resting on some sort of larger mass. He looked past where he stood and saw hundreds of thousands of thick red wires. He began to walk towards them, slowly at first, but then, somehow, whatever this new structure was, it was moving.

“What the hell is this thing?” Jason wondered

He then saw something he couldn’t even begin to fathom, a hand. A massive pale hand with fingers the lengths of busses! It was approaching him. It was coming after… the roof. Jason put it together, as hard as it was to believe he was on a roof and that roof was on the head of a woman, a giant woman. He ran as fast as he could to the edge of the roof opposite of the hand.  He jumped off and grabbed one of the wires, which he then realized were hair follicles.

“First the bomb, then the plague, now this. New Terminus is officially the worst place to live.”

Jason couldn’t get a good look at the giantess’ face but he could tell that she was definitely a ginger from her pale skin.  He was able to drop down her hair enough to reach a black mass, her shoulder. Her clothes appeared to have grown with her and she was wearing a black short sleeved t-shirt. He looked down and was somehow able to see Matt from below, he’d begun to stir. Then she lifted her foot. Jason screamed as her massive converse sneakers fell down on his only friend in the city. He swore he would never forgive this massive beast for what she’d done to Matt. He looked up from the shoulder and was able to make out her face. Even at this distance he could see that she was cuter than any monster should be. Her cheeks and the bridge of her nose were dotted with freckles, her lips a perfect shade of pink, and her gigantic green eyes were like emerald pools. Emerald pools staring directly at him.

Jason didn’t have time to fear as her fingers plucked him up by his grey hoodie and he was brought up to her face. He stopped directly before her eyes and he could feel them exploring his entire form. From his long brown hair to his clean shaven face, from his grey hoodie to his blue jeans and red Jordan’s no detail went unnoticed. And then she spoke.

“Hey there, lil’ straggler” She said in an incredibly deep, yet still feminine, tone “how’d you manage to get all the way up there, sugah?”

“I… I was on the roof when you… grew.” Jason said apprehensively.

“You seem dirty. Tell me sugah, do you live around here?”

“Yeah, actually, I lived in the alley between this building and the next.”

“Ah see, you’re of them termites!”

Termites, Jason hated the name, ever since New Terminus had been quarantined and the homeless population had sky rocketed the privileged had begun referring to them all as the New Terminus Termites.

“Well that’s just not gonna fly lil’ guy. I can’t be walking around with bugs! Now tell me, were there any more of you up there?” she said

“Uhm… why?” Jason asked

“Because I need to set all of you down. I’ve got a big day ahead of me.”

“There… there was another. My friend Matt.”

“Well where is he?”

“You cr-crushed him under your sneaker.”

“Well darn. Sorry about that. Here” she said as she lowered him to the ground “let me help you JOIN him.”

The giantess then lifted her foot high above Jason. He couldn’t believe that someone who seemed so nice could be so evil. He was awoken from his stupor as he heard his name from behind him.

“Jason! Get in here you ass!”

Jason recognized the voice.

“Matt?!”

Matt had survived by entering a manhole cover!

“Hurry!” Matt screamed

Jason was able to enter the manhole and evade the ginger giantess’ foot step.

“Hmph, filthy little bugs.” She said from on high

“Damn, that was close.” Jason said to his friend from inside the sewer

“Tell me about it, what the hell was that girl?!”

Jason thought about his encounter and remembered the short time he’d spent in her presence.

“Trouble.”

The two of them climbed back up from the sewer and looked around from the manhole. The giantess was nowhere in sight.

“What the fuck?” Jason said aloud

“What? What’s wrong?” Matt said

“Dude, this girl was huge! There’s no way we wouldn’t be able to s-“

That’s when Jason looked up. He saw the giantess’ jean clad ass high overhead. Her legs spread out past the buildings on both sides of the street.

“Damn.”

The giantess was staring directly down at the two of them, smiling.

“Ya know, I thought it was kinda weird when I looked down and didn’t see any termite blood on my shoe. Saw the manhole an’ thought “s’only a matter of time”.” She taunted

“PLEASE! YOU DON’T HAVE TO D-“ Matt began

Jason grabbed his friend’s shoulder and shook his head. The giantess had toyed with them long enough. She stood fully and readied her foot. The two of them looked over to the manhole and thought about jumping but it was too late. She slammed her foot down on the street with such intense force that it obliterated their bodies, leaving blood and gore on both her shoe and the street, and causing a massive earthquake felt all across the east coast. The people of New Terminus were in for more now than they had ever been before.

Chapter End Notes:

You guys in the mood for some destruction?