- Text Size +
As soon as Demi got home she raced upstairs to her bedroom, closed the door and locked it. She dropped her school bag right in the middle of the floor and walked over to her bed where she just let herself fall backwards onto it and lay there for a few minutes to gather her thoughts and reflect on the days events.
"Did that really happen? Did I just see a man shrink before my very eyes and then get crushed like a bug under my best friends foot?" She pondered to herself.
"It couldn't have been, I must've been imagining it or something. There's only one way to find out I suppose", she muttered getting up off her bed and walking over to her bag. She slowly removed the gun and started to examin it. Although it looked like a toy it had some resemblance of a normal handgun, the only difference was the barrel that widened at the end and was completely closed, and a couple of dials on the one side of the gun. One of the dials read from -100 to 100 and the other from 1 to 10. Demi had no idea what these meant but decided to give it a go and try figure it out. She grabbed a left over apple out of her lunchbox and placed it on the floor in front of her. She left the dials as they were, one of them on -30 and the other on 1, pointed the gun at the apple and slowly pulled the trigger. The apple instantly shrunk to what Demi guessed was a 30th of it's original size.
"That is so cool!" She said almost already forgetting what this "cool" incident had caused earlier. She then turned the same dial to 30 and once again pulled the trigger. The apple instantly returned to it's original size.
"So we know what that dial does, now to figure out what this one does", she said while turning the other dial to 2 and the other dial to -10. This time when she pulled the trigger not only did the apple shrink but so did her bag which was lying just over a meter from the apple.
"Holy crap!"
She turned the big dial back to 10 and proceeded to return both objects to their original size.
"Oh so that's what it does", she said coming to the realisation that any object within a two meter radius would then be transformed to the designated size. After experimenting with a few more objects in her room, Demi decided to take her fun outdoors and head for the park just down the road.
"I'm going to meet Jess at the park mom", she shouted whilst running down the steps.
"Ok but be careful, I don't want you staying out too late", her mom replied.

When she got to the park, Demi began by turning tiny pebbles into massive boulders and huge trees into tiny shrubs. She then decided to try it on a few living things like ants and butterflies and the results were the same. Everything was going well until she looked up and noticed a hobo walking towards her.
"How are you doing that?" He asked, obviously seeing what Demi had been up to.
"Oh crap, what do I do now?" she thought to herself, but before she had a chance to reply the man pointed towards the gun and asked, "Is that the answer?"
"Um....No", replied Demi.
"Don't lie to me, I'm not stupid!" he said whilst raising his voice. "Give it to me!" he shouted.
"No, you can't have it!"
Suddenly a voice from behind Demi asked," Is everything ok over here?"
Demi quickly turned around to see a fimiliar face standing behind her. She recognised the boy as Tom, a 12th grade pupil from her school. "Fuck off kid, this has nothing to do with you!"
"I know this girl and until you leave her alone it has everything to do with me!" replied Tom.
Although he was not a big boy, in fact he was probably the smallest guy in his grade, Demi still felt a bit more secure knowing that there was at least two of them now against this presumably weak hobo. However this was shortlived as Demi suddenly noticed another hobo sneaking up behind Tom and before she had time to warn him the hobo had tackled him from behind sending both of them crashing towards Demi's feet. The first hobo then rushed over to both of them, jumped on top of Tom and they both proceeded to batter the crap out of him until he was no longer moving. By this point Demi had been shouting at the top of her voice for the two of them to leave Tom alone, but to no avail, so she decided to take matters into her own hands by picking up a fairly large rock and clobbering one of the men over the head with it, which dropped him straight to the ground as if he had been knocked out. Suddenly the other man got up and starting making a move towards Demi who was now back peddling with the gun pointed at the man.
"Stop or I'll shoot!" she shouted at him.
"What, with that toy gun?" he replied, obviously unaware of it's powers and not seeing Demi's experiments earlier.
"I'm warning you one last time", and as he leaned in to grab her she fired, instantly shrinking the man to just over two inches. Still trying to come to terms with what just happened, Demi stepped forward to where the man was standing and couldn't see him anywhere due to the fact that he was now the length of the grass and probably hiding from her. She went down onto her hands as knees to get a better look and rubbed her hand over the grass. She felt something strange bump into her finger and when she looked down she noticed the hobo lying on his back with her hand on top of him holding him down in that position. He kicked and punched at her fingers in an attemp to escape but it was no use, and when she eventually gripped her fingers around his body he was left helpless and unable to move at all, leaving him completely at her mercy. Demi could not get around the fact that she now had a live human being in the palm of her hand. This gave her an overwhelming sense of power and she loved it.
"Not so tough now are you?" she hissed at man while bringing him right up to her face so close that she could see his facial expressions.
"Please, let me go, I'm sorry", he pleaded.
"Sorry? I don't think that you are, look what you've done to that other boy", she said pointing towards Tom,"and I'd hate to think what you would've done to me had I not shrunk you".
Just then she heard a moan and looked up to see the other hobo coming to while rubbing the back of his head.
"What the hell happened?" he thought to himself as he turned around, only to find Demi standing in front of him, his friend shrunken and in her one hand and the gun he had seen her using earlier on in the other.
"Oh my god! Please don't shrink me! I'll do anything!" He begged her while crawling on his hands and knees towards her.
"I know you will", and with that she pulled the trigger once again and shrunk him to the same size as his friend.
She placed the gun on the floor in order to grab him as he tried to run but was quickly plucked up by her hand and raised close to her face alongside his friend.
"What am I going to do with you two?" she asked, and before either of them could answer she pulled back her knee high socks and dropped each of them into the back of hers socks. She looked at them struggling and gave a little smile, then let the socks snap back against her leg forcing them tightly up against her lovely, smooth, toned calves. Her socks were quite tight which caused the two of them to struggle a little for each breath.
"You can stay in there for now until I take care of Tom and make sure he's alright", and with that she walked over to check on Tom.