- Text Size +
Story Notes:

First chapter of my first story. Not sure if I'll be continuing or not yet, but either way I'd appreciate it if readers could take the time to review. Be truthful, I don't mind harsh criticism. Also, I tried to come up with a somewhat original premise, so there's that. I also include a bit of dry humor. 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is no way associated with the owners, creators or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

            I need to finish this paper, I thought sullenly. It's already 11:30 and it's due in class tomorrow morning.

 

            "Fuck" I said aloud.

 

I leaned back in my computer chair, the familiar creak issuing from underneath. I sat in the darkness of my room, in which the only source of light was the glow of my computer screen. I listened to the low hum of the machine, the soft, steady whizzing. I scowled, knowing that the only sound I should be hearing is the clacking of buttons on the keyboard. Quite frankly I had just run out of things to say about Venetian mercantile history during the 16th century.

 

            Well, there's really no point in fighting writers block. I rolled my eyes and gave a sigh, equal parts resignation and relief. I briefly glanced at my watch. 11:32.

 

            Not really tired either though, I thought. I saved the document and closed down the word processor, opening up my internet browser instead. I typed giantessworld.net into the url bar and began scrolling through the most recently updated.

 

            I read a few descriptions, checked out a couple new stories, but nothing really seemed to "click."

 

            I'm just not feeling any of this tonight, I want a new fantasy, something a little creative, a little original, I don't know, this stuff is good, it's just not fitting the bill right now.

 

I leaned back in my chair again, the shrill creak making my eyes narrow in annoyance. I surveyed the keyboard and the screen, contemplating.

 

            I guess...I guess I'll try writing my own story. Maybe a little creative fantasy will break through my writers block. It could be fun.

 

I opened the word processor back up. I stared at the empty whiteness of the new document. Whereas before the empty space was oppressive, now it felt positively liberating. I closed my eyes. I cleared my thoughts, tried to meditate a bit. I focused on my breathing. In...and out. In...and out. In...and out. I felt myself being transported, transported into the depths of my imagination.

 

            Ah, yeah, that's better, I can work with this. I looked around. I wasn't in my small, dark, messy room anymore. I was in a vast empty nothing. A vacuum of sorts. Brilliant, white, vast space. I felt small, which I thought was probably a good start to a fantasy revolving around giants.

 

            "But how to begin?" I whispered aloud. I thought for a moment, and then it came to me.

 

            The 5 W's should make for a good start; first, where. I briefly deliberated, and then decided on the classroom where my paper would be due tomorrow. I snapped my fingers, and in an instant the brilliant, vast, white space became the relatively small, somewhat cluttered classroom which was the home of my European History class. I smiled.

 

            No wonder everyone is always talking about using your imagination, this ain't half bad. I looked around, making sure everything was as it should be. The desks were in the appropriate spot, the door was closed, the cabinets were up against the wall and covered in junk. I could feel the cold tile of the floor through my shoes. The room even smelled like it should, with that thin layer of Lysol sprayed by janitors trying to cover up the more unwholesome scent of an aging building.

 

            Yep, this is it alright. Now for the second W: what. It is a fantasy based on size, so best get that out of the way. I closed my eyes tight, almost as if contracting them would cause me to reduce in size myself. I focused. I felt it starting to work. I could feel air rushing past me. When the rushing sensation finished, I opened my eyes. I was thunderstruck. I staggered and collapsed to the ground in astonishment at the sight before me.

 

            It's all...it's all so fucking big! I had thought about it before obviously, and ad nauseam, but nothing really prepares you for what things are really going to look like when you're just so tiny. The desk nearest me loomed several hundreds of feet in the air. The leg alone was the diameter of a very large tree trunk. I reached my hand out and touched the cold metal, just taking in the sight of it all.

 

            Never thought I'd use the word magnificent to describe a desk, I thought dryly. Speaking of, how small did I make myself? I climbed to my feet and looked around, surveying the massive classroom, looking for something to compare myself too.

 

            There's got to be a ruler somewhere, I mean it is a classroom. I started to walk towards the professor's desk, then I remembered what was happening.

 

            I'm in a fantasy. And fantasies are all about thinking outside the box. I grinned, and with a wave of my hand an old wooden ruler appeared next to me, towering over me height wise. I walked up to it and stood against it, putting my hand on top of my head to mark my height, and looked over my shoulder to assess.

 

            2 inches, or near as much as makes no matter. Ok, I can work with that. I waved my hand again and the ruler disappeared. I looked down at my hand and counted off the W's.

 

            Where: done. What: taken care of. Next is...why? Because I'm bored and horny. Boom, done. Next W is who. Well, thankfully for me, the majority of the girls in my real  class were actually quite attractive, each possessed of their own unique, but pleasing, personalities. I backed away from the desk I had been standing under, putting plenty of space between it and me. I snapped my fingers again.

 

My classmates all appeared instantly, sitting in their respective desks, quite literally frozen in place, and once again I was astounded by the sheer absurdity of their size. Closest to me was Ashley, an admittedly quite pretty blond, who can be most easily described by saying she has something of an "all-American girl" look to her. She's quite tall as well, if I had to hazard a guess I'd say 5'10. In her frozen state she was looking out the window off to her right, in my direction. She has blue eyes, a light blue, and they have a soft and gentle look to them, which rather appropriately describes her general disposition. My eyes slowly traveled down her body, taking in the magnificent sight.

 

            A navy blue tank top, white short shorts, and moccasins, not that it matters, she would look good in anything, I thought. When my eyes got down to her feet, I smiled. In the greater realm of the giantess fantasy, feet are kind of my specific thing. The moccasins looked anything but new. I consider that a good sign.

 

            Satisfied with my handiwork, I walked underneath Ashley's desk to the person sitting next to her: Sarah.

 

Sarah was also quite tall for a girl, at least 6 feet. Also, quite pretty, in a sort of more impressive way than Ashley is. Sarah's face is more angular, in comparison to the roundness (not to say she's overweight, because she isn't) of Ashley's face. Sarah also does a bit of modeling, so she's pretty thin, with very long legs. Both those features suit her well. She's got this somewhat unruly curly hair with a sandy-brown coloration. If you've seen a picture of the singer Lorde, that's the closest I can equate it to. Sarah was also wearing pair of jeans, but on her feet she had a pair of Toms. I smiled.

 

            Nothing need be changed here. I moved to the desk in front of Sarah's.

 

Nicole was a good looking girl too. Not as pretty as the other two, but still no slouch. She has a unique style, lots of black and pink clothes etc., but not goth or emo really. Let's call it...alternative. It works for her. She's got a particularly nice smile, and her personality is forceful. Not mean or anything, just strong-willed. Generally speaking, I like that.

 

            I'm sure we'll spend some quality time together, I thought, taking in the abject absurdity of the whole situation. Pink and black sweatshirt, tight black jeans, black flats. Yep yep, all that will do, I thought.

 

I looked around at the rest of the classroom. Mostly girls, a couple guys up front, another in the back sitting next to Sarah. Two girls next to him as well. Neither of those two are particularly good-looking, but they're not ugly either.

 

            Maybe I'll get to them later. I shrugged and began to walk to the back of the classroom.

 

            Oops, almost forgot the professor! I turned around, extended my arm and pointed at her desk. There she appeared, in all her miserable, old, wrinkled, ugly and cruel glory: Ms. Sparsey. I shuddered at the idea of her towering hundreds of feet above me.

 

            Better fix that. I looked at her and narrowed my eyes in concentration. Right before my eyes she began to take on an amorphous shape, and before long she had transformed into an attractive, mid-40's cougar-looking type. Cute librarian glasses, a tasteful dress, and some flats.

 

            I laughed to myself. I'm a fucking wizard!

 

            I reached the back wall, in-between and slightly behind Ashley and Sarah's desks.

 

            What was the last W? I counted them off again and thought briefly.

 

            Oh yeah, when! However, my remembrance only served to remind me of the paper I still needed to do.

 

            "Fuck" I said as I leaned against the back wall of the classroom. I looked at my watch. 11:58. Had it been that long already? I haven't even gotten started yet.

 

My arm fell limp at my side and I looked around the giant classroom, at my enormous classmates; at the incredible fantasy world I had created. How complete, how accurate, how awesome and most importantly how huge it was. I looked down at my watch again.

 

            Oh well, I thought with a smirk, and brought my arm and my watch up to eye level. I blew on it softly and looked on as the watch hands spun around backwards.

 

            7:36. That should give me plenty of time I'm thinking. And now to start. Let's begin with...the first class of the day. I sat down with my back to the wall, stretched my legs out and relaxed. I snapped my fingers and all my classmates, and the professor, disappeared.

 

            Time for the bell kids, I thought. I had a big, shit-eating grin on my face when I snapped my fingers again. The bell rang crisply through the classroom, and presumably the imaginary school beyond the room's walls. It was loud. God was it loud. I clapped my hands over my ears to shield myself, if only a bit, but luckily it didn't ring for long. Then the door opened, and Ashley was the first to walk in. She was busily chatting with Sarah as the students made their way to their respective desks. I felt the vibrations through the floor, more and more clearly as they came closer to me. The noise, if that word could even do the sound justice, boomed and crashed through my ears, hitting baritone notes I did not think possible to hear.

 

            This is too good, it's too good! Ashley was walking straight towards me, in all her glorious and massive majesty. I was already smiling, but upon having a new idea, I started grinning ear to ear. I stretched my arm out and brought it down slowly. And just like that, everyone in the room was experiencing slow motion; but I was the only one who could perceive it.

 

From my spot at the back wall of the classroom I watched Ashley's foot come down slowly, deliberately.  I watched her moccasin move and stretch as it conformed to the will of the foot inside. I felt the slow reverberations as the foot planted itself on the floor. I looked up her legs, stretching so very far above me, rippling with toned muscle, her creamy skin looking unbelievably soft. It was actually difficult to take in everything about the towering figure before me; there was so much of her.

 

 

            Just a few more steps, and she'll be all but on top of me, I thought excitedly. And sure enough she was. Right before she turned to sit in her desk her foot crashed down in front of me. The slow motion I had instituted in my fantasy world had made this incredible sight and motion look so much more graceful than it really was. As her foot touched the ground, and the sole of her moccasin settled heavily onto the tiled floor, I watched in complete and utter fascination. It was so close to me, not more than 20 feet away. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and I refused to blink for fear of waking up from the greatest dream I would ever have. More seconds passed, and before long she was seated, the desk groaning with the newfound burden of weight, and I, despite still being on cloud nine, decided I'd had my moment and to do away with the slow motion.

 

All of sudden voices became normal again, in all their deafening qualities, and movements of such titanic beings became terrifyingly quicker. I looked at the goddesses on either side of me, chatting to one another, and I found it a distinctly powerful turn on that they had no idea I existed right now.

 

            I suppose I'll forego the fantasy manipulation for now and see how things play out...

 

I wandered over to Ashley's desk and stood behind her enormous feet. The professor had begun attendance and looked up when there was no response to her calling my name. The rest of the class looked around the room as well and concluded that I was absent today. All the while I was grinning at the situation. Leaning against the back left leg of the desk, I resolved to simply take in the situation and wait for something interesting to happen. Within a few minutes of class starting, Ashley's feet began to get restless, shifting about with no apparent aim or purpose. At one point she put them upright, toes on the ground and showing me the soles of her moccasins. I leaned forward and squinted in order to accurately read the bottoms, caked in dirt and floor grime as they were.

 

            Size 10, good to know I suppose. I didn't feel as though it really made a difference to me at this point. When you're only a couple inches tall normal sizing is understandably superfluous.

 

The class wore on, and I waited patiently, mostly on account of being mesmerized by the enormous feet moving in front of me. Inane movements that people almost never seem to notice take of took on awe-inspiring form. To Ashley and everyone else in the room she was just idly swinging her feet back and forth. It's likely she didn't even realize she was doing it. But from my perspective, it was akin to seeing city buses soaring through the air in perfect time. I had never seen something so massive and at the same organic move so quickly. I could feel the rush of air every time one of her moccasin clad feet came near to me. Even just that little show was positively exhilarating. However, I was soon treated to something far superior.

 

Ashley stopped swinging her feet back and forth and instead rested them both on the ground, but planted the toe of one moccasin on the heel of the other and pulled her foot free. She repeated the process and then quickly swung her now bare feet up to rest on the empty chair in front of her.

 

I smiled. How could I not? I inhaled a sharp breath of crisp air and plucked up the courage to get closer to her. I walked forward slowly, craning my neck to get a better view of the chair in front of her. I had to make sure she looked like she'd be maintaining the position for awhile.

 

Nothing like a bus-sized foot swinging into to ruin the fun, I thought dryly. She seemed content to relax like that for awhile, so, being satisfied with the (relative) safety of the situation, I moved closer to the moccasins. As I got to within a few feet of the discarded footwear I couldn't help but notice a distinct temperature change. Not an oppressive heat or anything, but rather a particular sense of increased humidity. As I arrived at the heel of the left moccasin I broke into a quick jog to get some speed and then launched myself up. Luckily I managed to grab the rim of the shoe.

 

I guess all that basketball paid off afterall. As I went to pull myself up, I struggled a bit. Should have done pull-ups too, I thought while scowling. With a couple more heaves I lurched my body over the lip so my torso was dangling somewhat precariously over the interior of Ashley's moccasin. Before even gathering my bearings, I was assaulted by the scent. It hit hard at first, a potent cloud of foot sweat and the grime gathered by long use of the moccasins. But as I took in more of the stale air something about the smell grew thicker, murkier, and even more entirely unwholesome. It seemed to creep further and further into my nostrils. I exhaled and took the next breath in through my mouth, slowly, as though I wasn't sure there would any air to breath. I felt the warm reek filling my lungs and quickly noticed I could now taste it as well, with traces of salt registering on my taste buds, growing stronger by the second.

 

Surprised at the distinct intensity, and with just a bit of water in my eyes, I strengthened my resolve.

 

Well, this is what I'm here for..., I thought rather morbidly, and swung my legs over the lip of the shoe, allowing myself to fall inside.