- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The original characters and plot are the property of the author.           The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.   No copyright infringement is intended.

Sarah stared at the doll curiously, examining it's simple features as she slowly lowered herself onto the bed. She then gazed back at Jack curiously.
   "A Voodoo doll?" she questioned, raising her eyebrow.

   "Yea! I swear to God! Look! You can test it yourself!" replied Jack intently, as he moved closer. "See, just do anything to the doll! You'll see that it really is cursed! That it affects me!!"

   Sarah was still unsure, though there was a striking resemblance between him and this doll.

 


   He had found it under his bed while cleaning his room earlier that day. It had been gathering dust for some time, and upon discovering it's powers to manipulate his every movement, Jack found it hard not to tell anyone. And that's why his girlfriend, Sarah, was now sitting on his bed, staring at him as though he belonged in a lunatic asylum.

   "Well, I can hardly test if it works or not if you can SEE what i'm doing to the doll..." she smartly pointed out. Jack reluctantly turned away.

   "Alright. Just don't break my arm or something!" he nervously joked as Sarah focused her attention back on the doll, it's dark, button-eyes gazing right back at her. She inhaled deeply and persisted to touch the doll's stomach slowly. As she did this, she noticed her boyfriend becoming uneasy, as he felt, all of a sudden, a slight surge of pressure in the exact same place. As Sarah's finger went deeper into the doll's clothen body, Jack felt the force grow.

 


   Sarah moved her finger slightly down his body and looked back up at Jack, now becoming fidgety and clearly uncomfortable.

   "What am I doing?" she quized, breaking the silence. Jack rose his head and managed to stammer,

   "Your moving your finger down my chest?..." he shuddered. At this point, he stared to groan with pain, clutching his stomack tightly. Sarah hadn't realised how far her finger was now into the body of the paranormal object.

   "Oh! S-Sorry!" she stuttered, pulling her digit back from the doll.

 


   Jack turned back to face her, and he now noticed a look of fear in her eyes. However, this fear soon was replaced by excitement as she realized the potential of acquiring a doll that could control people. A doll of incredible... power.

   "This is amazing..." she eventually let escape from her lips, as Jack made a move for the door.

   "I know! Hey, I'm just gonna' head to the toilet for a second!... My stomach is still a little queasy after that!  he smirked, only to leave the room moments later.

    Just under a minute had passed, and as he returned to his quarters, he found Sarah going the opposite way, down the stairs.

   "Hey! Where are you going?..."

   "I-I just realized I have... stuff to do!" she replied- "Gotta' run... Bye!". And with that, she quickly moved for the front door, and left the building, leaving her partner on his own, wandering if he had said something wrong.

 


   Jack and Sarah had been going out for some time now, and had formed a close bond together. They liked the same things as each other, did their favourite things together, and one was rarely seen without the other. However, Jack had recently felt that he was further away from her as usual. Maybe she liked another guy. Maybe she was WITH another guy! This thought upset Jack greatly.

 


   Entering his room once more, he noticed immediately that the doll was nowhere to be found. He checked on the bed, under the bed, on his shelf and under his table but it was... gone. But... How? It couldn't have just walked off!!... Sarah! Sarah must've taken it! Why would she do that?

   Jack hastily booted up his computer. He intended to contact Sarah on Twitter that night before going to bed, just to make sure. And quick enough, he did find her chatting with a couple of her friends. Naturally, he swooped into the conversation as fast as possible, but soon regreted this, as he saw some of the things that his Sarah's friends had posted. They weren't talking about the doll- Though, he would have rathered that they HAD been talking about it... They hadn't.

 


   He came to the conclusion that Sarah was going out with somebody else, as notified by one of the girls, and went to talk to Sarah himself in a separate chat. She was surprised at first, but speedily realized Jack's misunderstanding. She explained,

   "No, Jack. You don't understand! I WAS going out with another guy, but not anymore... You see he's... he's..."

   "Dead!" interupted one of her friends, who had just followed Sarah, and interrupted the chat. This brought about a silence for quite some time, only for Jack to soon ask the obvious question;

   "How?..." he typed up slowly. Sarah explained, with the aid of others, how her previous boyfriend had been diagnosed with depression as well as an extreme case of paranoia. He went to see several psychologists, but indefinitely was sent to a Mental institution, after one night just bursting into a fit of screams in his room.

 


   That wasn't all, however, and the story ended with how a nurse had, one morning, found his mutilated body, bloodied and mangled, lying on the floor of his cell. Jack was put off by this and hesitantly changed the subject to that of his doll going missing, only to have his theory shattered when Sarah exclaimed that she hadn't taken it. Apparently, she was only in a rush to get home as she had just realized she forgot to do her homework. Suddenly, Jack felt a rush of guilt come upon him for accusing her of such a thing as theft and left the chat with a,

   "Soz... CU..."

 


   As Jack tucked himself into bed later, he felt an inside feeling of warmth and security. He decided to continue his search for the doll in the morning, assuring himself over and over that it would turn up. He knocked off the light and went into a surprisingly deep slumber pretty fast.

   However, within what seemed like mere seconds after dozing off, he awoke in a cold sweat. There was no light coming from his bedroom window now, and he was only capable of distinguishing the features of his room illuminated by the haze of his digital clock. He looked over at it, half awake: 2:00... it was way past midnight. He dived back in under the blankets, or at least he would have if what was to come next never happened.

 


   It started slowly and hardly noticeable, but soon grew into a soft, pressurized feeling on his leg. It began at the bottom of his feet, and gradually crept up along his leg. It past out his knee, and the strange feeling brushed it's way on up to his thighs. He clutched the blankets, breathing heavily. It felt as though... something... was stroking the length of his legs, now gently caressing the side of his stomach, and upward. He got a fright as the feeling began elsewhere now and the sensation grew across his chest, while, now, the uncomfortable experience led to feelings of tightening around his neck. And gripped tighter and tighter until... it was gone. As quick as it had come, the sensation had disappeared. 

 


   The next morning, there were signs of clear tiredness in Jack's eyes as he walked to school. He stumbled into class as usual, the blaring sounds of countless yelling and screaming students annoyed him as he sat down, feeling like he was having a hangover. He looked around, and to his surprise, Sarah was nowhere to be found. The day went on without her, and there was word of her being sick, but Jack wasn't to be fooled. He had figured out, or rather, guessed that, during the night, the strange feeling HAD to have been Sarah, playing with the doll and trying to scare her him. It worked, by the way, but after school Jack decided to walk over to Sarah's house to confront her.

 


   "Jack, dear! Do come in..." answered Sarah's mother as Jack made his way into the house.

   "I'm just here to give Sarah the day's homework" Jack lied, rumbling up the stairs hastily, and into Sarah's room. To his surprise, she was waiting for him.

   "Oh, Hi Jack! How are you?" she gleefully welcomed.

   "Uh-huh, that's great, Sarah. Where is it?" he replied, not feeling in the mood for small-talk.

   "Where's wha-..."

   "I'm serious Sarah! The doll! Where is it?!" Jack now boomed. Sarah simply smiled and held up the raggy, old Voodoo toy.

   "This doll?" she teased innocently. Jack reached a hand out to grab it, but she recoiled and gave him a stern look.

   "Ah ah aah... I was only borrowing it" she explained, but Jack was having none of it.

   "Sarah! This is dangerous! Give me th-..."

   "Don't you trust me?"

Jack stopped. He looked at his girlfriend's now curious face.

   "W-What, Sarah?"

   "Don't you trust me?" she quitely murmered once again. Jack sighed.

   "Yea. Of course I do... But I-..."

   "You won't mind me hanging onto it a little longer, then!" Sarah cheekily grinned. Jack just gave her a shrug. She had him.

   "Alright. Fine. Becareful, though..." he warned as he made for the door. "... My life is in your hands... literally..."

As he left the house, Sarah looked at the doll, then back at Jack walking back down the road.

   "This is getting interesting..." she whispered to herself. "I should've planted this doll in his room ages ago..."

 


   Jack didn't go to bed that night for well over three hours after he would usually, but he knew that he had to sleep sooner or later, and he WAS pretty tired after the previous night's events. He finally lost all conciousness around 1:00 in the morning, when he collapsed into bed, hoping for a better sleep this time round. He wasn't going to get one.

 


   It started like the previous night. He awoke panting and sweaty, in a darkened room, only the light from his clock shone out. He yawned quietly, and made back for Dreamland before that feeling seeped in again. He could sense, this time however, what felt like an entire palmed hand grabbing his left leg and squeezing it. It kept rubbing up and down his leg for a while, before it suddenly came to a hault. He didn't know whether to run or stay. He was paralyzed with fear.

   But the next thing, he had a pretty good idea as to what was happening, as another hand had now begun to massage his body, like the previous night, this time only harder, as if harm was intended.

   "Jesus Crist, Sarah..." Jack muttered under his breath, feeling strapped to the bed with no escape. Much to his knowledge, Sarah was in fact holding the doll at this time, feeling and rubbing it all over with glee. She knew Jack had to be awake by now, frightened out of his mind. She lay on her bed, gazing with dark, brown eyes deeply into the doll's pupils, smiling all the while. The only thing she regretted was that she couldn't see him at this time, and what he was going through. 

 


   She soon got bored, however, and dropped the doll by her side onto the bed sheets. Jack lay back in bed, heaving air in and out of his lungs, wondering if Sarah had just decided to leave him be. But this was not the case, as she was just lying on her bed, looking at the doll, trying to think of what to do next.

   Then, an idea popped into mind, and as she pulled her long, brunette hair out of view, she lifted her foot high above the doll. Jack had begun to relax again, when Sarah threw her foot down onto the doll's small body, and Jack was flung deep into the bed, almost pinned down. He didn't realize that he was now being crushed under his girlfriend's barefoot, though he wasn't doing too much in the way of thinking right then. The pain was overwhelming as Sarah twisted her foot around and back, giggling to herself.

 


   This went on for what seemed like a lifetime to Jack, when the foot eventually lifted back up. He didn't know what to do. He couldn't go running and yelling into his mother and father's room, going on about Sarah and some weird Voodoo magic. But poor Jack wasn't given much time at all to think, as Sarah eventually got bored of the doll altogether. She grabbed with one hand one end of his body, and with her free hand, the other end. Then she simply bended the doll as fast as she could.

Jack's head flew downward to meet his toes, as his back was split into an impossible position. He gave out a small yelp at first, flailed about for a moment before his agonised body became lifeless.

   That next day, his mutilated body, bloodied and mangled, was discovered. To this day, there is no explanation as to how this occured. At least, none that the authorities are aware of.

 


   Sarah has learned to move on from her now ex-boyfriend, and, in fact, has even started going out with another boy, by the name of Will. Will and Sarah have, even though not knowing each other very long, formed a very strong bond together. They like the same things as each other, do their favourite things together, and one is rarely seen without the other.

 


   Recently, however, Will has found something underneath his bed...

 


   ... A doll...