- Text Size +

To behold GeekZilla walk, while standing at her feet, was the most terrifying and awe inspiring moment of Todd McFinnley’s life. Giants, in all the films he had seen in his life, had always been slow and clumsy, but this giant moved with such horrible and ungodly speed that it was frightening to watch. GeekZilla stepped right over the group, thank Christ for small favors, and, before any of them could even hope to gain any footing, she was already miles and miles away. Eventually the tremors softened, and she was finally gone.

            It was about ten minutes after the ground finally stopped moving that everyone was able to get back to their feet.

 

“…Did you fucking see that!?!?!” Todd cried. “She…She…She picked up the ENTIRE. FUCKING. TOWN!!”

 

“Not only that…” Sarah said, her eyes wide, her skin pale, and her voice trembling. “She has Bradley! He didn’t make it out of town! We have to help him!”

 

“How!?” Fred asked, incredulously. “We just drive up to her and ask her to put the town back? She’s miles tall! Even if we wanted to do that, there’s no way we could catch up to her!”

 

“We have to do something!” Sarah shot at him. “It’s Bradley! He risked his life to save all of us! We have to do the same!”

 

“She’s right.” Randy said, too frightened to find his yelling voice. “We can’t just forget Bradley. Somehow, we’ve got to get him out of the town and back on solid ground.”

 

“How?” Fred asked, again. “You guys are forgetting SHE’S MANY MILES TALL! No matter how much we want to, there’s nothing we can do against a person that big! Not even Arell could stop this woman!”

 

“GeekZilla is, indeed, a force to be reckoned with,” Kevin said, grinning.

 

“Maybe if we had a helicopter…” Randy suggested. “Then…”

 

“Oh yeah,” Todd nodded. “Good idea. So, who here knows how to fly a fucking helicopter?”

 

“Alright, fine, what’s YOUR idea.” Fredrickson asked.

 

“I don’t have one,” Todd answered. “Fred’s right, we don’t really have a lot of options here. She doesn’t have Arell’s technology, but she’s like, over ten times her size. Even if we did know how to fly a helicopter…she’s too fast and too big. We wouldn’t catch her, and even if we somehow did, any casual move she makes could potentially knock us out of the sky!”

 

“We don’t need to do anything about her, directly,” Sarah said. “We just need her to set the town down for long enough that we can grab Bradley!”

 

“What about the other people?” Kevin asked.

 

 

            “We’ll do what we can,” She told him. “But there will be a lot of them and few of us. Without the proper equipment, we can’t save all of them. That’s something we’ll need to leave to the military, assuming they’re doing anything about this. And…”

 

            She was interrupted by the soft, unmistakable sound of helicopter blades in the sky. All of them turned towards the sound and saw three large military choppers in the distance, heading right towards them. They flew right over the massive chasm in the earth where Bradley’s town had been, and then split up, with two of the choppers proceeding to circle the hole. The third hovered over them and slowly brought itself down to the Earth about twenty feet from the group. When it landed, a team of soldiers, some of them medics came rushing out. A few of them came up to Todd and the others.

 

            “We’ve got some civilians here!” A soldier called back to the team. “Are you folks okay? Are any of you injured in anyway?”

 

            “Well, I think we may have shit our pants at some point…” Alfred said. “But other than that, nothing serious.”

 

            “Understandable,” The soldier nodded. “Are there any other survivors that you folks are aware of? Or is it just you folks?”

 

            “Our friend was taken!” Sarah said to him.

 

            “Taken?” The soldier asked.

 

            “Yeah, he was in the town when GeekZilla dug it up.” Kevin explained.

 

            “Right,” The soldier nodded…the paused. “…GeekZilla?”

 

            “Nevermind,” Sarah interrupted. “Our friend is in trouble! We need to help him.”

 

            “Everyone is in trouble ma’am,” The soldier shook his head. “There’s not much I can do for one person.”

 

            “What are you guys doing for anyone about this?” Todd asked.

 

            “I’m afraid I don’t have the time or clearance to discuss that with civilians,” The man said. “Right now, I need to focus on rounding up survivors. So, why don’t you all head to the chopper with me and…”

 

            “I’ll take care of these guys, Private,” A voice spoke over him.

 

            From behind the soldier came none other than Colonel Edgar Stark. Unlike the soldiers, he was not dressed in body armor, but rather in a military suit and hat. It was old, but well kept, and was adorned with all his medals from wars past. He took off his hat and held it under his arm as he stood in front of them, surveying them.

 

            “Well, well…if it isn’t my old travel buddies,” He said. “You guys look like you just went through hell.”

 

            “Colonel Stark!” Sarah said. “You have to help! She’s got Bradley!”

 

            “Who’s got Bradley?”

 

            “GeekZilla!” Kevin told him.

 

            “He was still in town when she took it!” Sarah explained. “Please, we need to go after her!”

 

            “Keep you panties on, sister,” Stark held up a hand. “Sorry to say, but I’ve got a lot more on my plate than Bradley Peterson. There’s a mega sized egghead on the loose, and more than a million civilians are in harm’s way. I don’t have time to be focusing on a rescue mission for one man.”

 

            “But, Colonel,” Sarah protested. “He saved all of our lives, including yours! Remember, it was him who drove Arell away.”

 

            “He didn’t drive anything away,” Stark replied. “That bitch left of her own accord. Had she been unwilling to listen to him, there would have been nothing he could have done to stop him. But that’s not important right now. Right now, you guys are the civilians in need, and it’s part of my job to make sure you’re brought to safety.”

 

            “Since when were you in charge of anything?” Todd asked. “I thought you were retired.”

 

            “I was,” The Colonel said. “But I’m a rare sort of man. I’ve had experience dealing with giant women first hand. And because of that, some of my old pals in the service thought I might come in handy.”

 

            “You fought Arell only twice!” Todd said. “And she wasn’t even a quarter of this woman’s size! What could you possibly be able to do!?”

 

            “There are a few plans on the table,” Stark said. “We have a lot of work to do. She’s a lot of woman…”

 

            “Yeah she is…” Kevin interrupted, a dreamy look in his eyes.

 

            “…and we have to be creative when it comes to our strategy.” Stark finished. “We can’t just shoot her with our biggest weapons. It’d be one hell of a mess to clean up. We’re more focusing on how we can simply subdue her, or render her unconscious, where at least we can keep her in check.”

 

            “But how can you…?” Fred began.

 

            “Look, we’re not having this entire conversation here,” Stark cut him off. “Let’s get out of the hotzone first and foremost. The other choppers will round up as many survivors as they can. But, for now, let’s get you kids out of here.”

 

 

            Dr. Monica had been walking for about thirty minutes now, not really sure where she was going, but not really concerned about it, either. She glanced down at the small rock holding the town in her hand and smiled to herself again. This was a huge moment for her, and if she was able to get back to Earth, her life would never be the same again. Finally, after all these years of study, her work would finally lead to something that she would be remembered for, something that any scientist would want.

            But for now, she had to just get it home. And that meant she had to find a way out of this place.

            Lizzy reached up with her free hand and held it out to blot the sun.

 

            “It’s so hot around here,” She sighed, feeling herself start to sweat. “And I’m starting to get thirsty. I’d kill for a glass of…”

            Something sparkled in the corner of her eye. She turned to it and saw a large lake in the distance.

 

            “Ah!” She said, relieved. “Perfect!”

 

            Dr. Elizabeth Monica approached the pure pool of shimmering water and knelt down before it. She carefully placed the town onto a patch of trees, effectively crushing most of them before turning back towards the water. She, of course, did not see the people swimming, fishing, and canoeing in the lake as she leaned forward to drink the water.

            A man who was fishing looked up to see the largest pair of lips he had ever seen. The owner of them ran the tongue across the dry, pink flesh and then they parted open, revealing a massive cavern that was rapidly descending down. Soon after, the man and his canoe disappeared between the puckered lips.

            Lizzy began to suck up mouthfuls of water with loud, wet slurps. Schools of fish, rocks, sunken boats, divers, swimmers, kayakers, fishermen, and anyone else who happened to be even remotely near Dr. Monica’s mouth were promptly sucked up and sent down a one way waterslide straight to her stomach. The water level of the lake was lowering at a very alarming rate.

            Finally, Lizzy pulled out from the water and sighed deeply. She wiped her mouth with the sleeve of her suit and burped softly as the water filled her belly. Her thirst was now quenched, but her face was still hot and sweaty. She removed her glasses and set them aside (crushing a log cabin), and reached into the water, or what was left of it, with both hands.

Not everyone had been sucked up by the giant nerd. A small group of people, who had been closer to the lake bed, had been spared that, but it had been close. The suction had caused them to be pulled back into the lake and now they were more vulnerable. Lizzy scooped up some of these people with her hands…and then splashed them into her face.

Those who miraculously didn’t die right on impact were now riding a hellish water slide down Lizzy’s face. The splash sent one woman soaring up in the sky and sent her plummeting into the vast red forest that was Dr. Monica’s hair. Another person slide down her forehead and splashed onto her right eye, ending up holding on for dear life on the tip of one of the bottom lashes. A third washed right down under her nose, where he was quickly sucked up into the cavernous nostrils. A man landed on Lizzy’s bottom lip and was soon lapped up by her tongue as she licked her wet lips.

Dr. Monica reached into the lake again, this time with one hand, scooping a smaller portion of water. A kayaker and two more swimmers were picked up with it. This time, she didn’t splash it into her face, but instead pour it down onto her breasts. The stream of water took the kayaker, who was trying desperately to remove himself from his craft, slipping down a long ride down the smooth flesh. He tried to use his oars to catch them into the pores, but no such luck. Up ahead, a waterfall leading right between the massive bosoms lay. With one final, and failed, attempt to free himself from his boat, the man was washed down between the breasts and out of sight.

Lizzy took the neck of her shirt and began to fan her chest. Her breasts heaved with the movement, tossing the two swimmers up and down like jumping beans. They rolled and bounced down the full length of the left breast and then got stuck in another river of water flowing down her skin which sent them sliding into the zipper of the neck of her suit. The stream then ran under the clothing and took the swimmers with it, washing them down into the cup of Lizzy’s bra.

Feeling cooled down, Dr. Monica reached down and picked up the town and stood up again, sliding her glasses back onto her nose. She took off walking.

 

“That’s better…” She sighed, content, enjoying the breeze against her wet skin.

 

            She blinked, then. The man on her eyelash was whipped off of it and sent tumbling up into the air. He came to a stop when he splashed into the pool of tears that coated Lizzy’s right eye. The man flailed and splashed about, trying to figure out where he was and what was happening at the same time, all while trying to stay alive. But then Lizzy blinked again and he disappeared.

            Atop her head, a woman was holding onto a large red pillar for dear life as the wind fluttered Lizzy’s hair. Dead chunks of skin from the scalp were hurtling towards her like missiles, exploding into several pieces on impact with anything and sailing through the air like shrapnel. At one point, another pillar of red got snapped off of Lizzy’s scalp and also went divebombing. It blew directly into the hair that the woman was holding onto, snapping it in half and sending her flying deeper inside the labyrinth.

 

            “I wish I could see what they looked like,” Dr. Monica marveled as she held the town in front of her face again. “I wonder if they bear any resemblance to human beings, or if they are human beings, like those Avakonians. I…UUUUURRP!”

 

            Suddenly, a belch sprung from Lizzy’s stomach, leaped up her throat, and popped out of her mouth before she could even begin to think about suppressing it. A hand went to her mouth for a moment, before it lowered to her chest.

 

            “Whoops…” She said. “Where did that come from?”

 

            Lowering the town from her face, she continued walking.

 

 

            It smelled like lake water.

 

            The simple burp had been like a hydrogen bomb, and Bradley’s ears were ringing from it. By the end of this day, he would either lose his hearing or his head would explode. He wasn’t sure which would happen first.

 

He looked up towards GeekZilla’s face, which sported features that stretched hundreds or thousands of feet. Her words were like explosions, making it devilishly hard to understand what she was ever saying, so he had no idea what she was yammering to herself about. Why had she plucked up the town? What was she intending to do with it? More importantly, who was she? Where had she come from? What was she even doing here? He thought of Arell and the Avakonians. Was this woman one of them? If she was, why was she so much bigger than Arell? Was that just how the Avakonians were? People of radically differing height? He only had Arell to really go by…

The town was still, by some miracle, still somewhat intact. Several buildings had collapsed, some had begun falling apart, some neighborhoods had disappeared entirely…but there was still a town. Sort of. The ground wobbled and weaved, and Bradley felt ill. He had never felt so in danger in all of his life. Even with Arell there hadn’t been the fear of plummeting to his death along with an entire town on his heels. It felt as if the town was flying and all it had to do was drop out of the sky to make this a very bad day.

The worst part was…he knew he had to move. He couldn’t stay where he was, it was too close to the edge of town, which now led to a several mile drop. Somehow, he had to maneuver across this excavated town and head somewhere safe. Briefly, he thought that he might try to get back to his apartment, but he didn’t think that the old building would fare well and he didn’t want five stories of suites falling in on him. Right now, he just had to get farther into town. His car was wrecked, so he had to go on foot.

Wobbling to his feet, fighting the wind of GeekZilla’s walking, Bradley Peterson began to move back into town.

 

“Do you know anything about her?” Sarah asked the Colonel as their chopper soared through the sky. “About…uh…GeekZilla?”

 

“If you think she’s one of the Avakonians, you can stop worrying,” The Colonel informed her. “We know who she is, and her name isn’t ‘GeekZilla’, though that is essentially what she is now. Her name’s Elizabeth Monica, and she’s just some egghead scientist of Earth.”

 

“If she’s from Earth…” Randy asked. “How did she get so big?”

 

“We don’t know,” Colonel Stark answered. He hooked his thumb towards the window. “It looks like even she doesn’t know. We’ve been trailing her since she appeared at 2:13PM. Based on things she’s muttered to herself, it sounds like she believes that she’s in some new dimension or something.”

 

“A new dimension?” Sarah asked.

 

“Yeah,” Stark nodded. “Her research team were working on teleportation, and according to what we’ve been able to find out, they were going to attempt to teleport her today. Apparently something went wrong.”

 

“Hold up…teleportation!?” Todd asked, shocked. “There have been people working on this!?”

 

“More than that,” The Colonel said. “From what I understand, that egghead was just at the cusp of perfecting it. They had managed to teleport objects like coffee mugs and clipboards and even a warehouse crate. This was going to be their first time using a human subject.”

 

“You’re kidding!” Sarah said. “How come we’re just now hearing about this? That’s remarkable!”

 

“Because it’s dangerous shit, that’s why.” Stark said. “You ever read the story ‘The Fly’? The book about a man working on teleportation but gets transformed into a fly because one flies into the pod with him?”

 

“Oh…” Sarah nodded.

 

“Yeah,” Edgar Stark said. “That kind of stuff is dangerous, and until those egghead figured it out, it was important to not let anyone know about it. Probably would have perfected it by now…if that other giant bitch hadn’t shown up…”

 

“You mean Arell?” Randy asked.

 

“Who else? She shows up and tries to take over the entire planet and only leaves because Peterson begs her to. Naturally, in the interest of security for the country, the government has been busy trying to get some defense in the works, so GeekZilla’s funding was reduced. A lot. It delayed her researched by some years.”

 

“Poor GeekZilla,” Kevin said.

 

“Now, Dr. Elizabeth Monica is a giant menace to society,” Stark went on. “We think that she’s around seven miles tall, but that’s just a preliminary estimate. We have absolutely no idea what cause her to become so massive. But the hope is that if we find out, we might be able to reverse it. The trouble is, we believe that he research team is dead and her research destroyed.”

 

“So…what are you going to do?” Todd asked.

 

“Consider actions while investigating,” Stark told him. “We don’t know what happened to her research or her team, but we tried to contact them and no answer, plus there’s significant damage in the area where she first appeared. Good enough reason to think it’s highly possible that they didn’t make it. We know where he lab is located, but with all the confusion and chaos, its hard to get a team organized to search the area. Most everyone on the force is either trying to find a way to stop that giant bitch or help civilians.”

 

“Where are you taking the survivors…and us…exactly?” Sarah asked.

 

“There are different places we’re taking them,” The Colonel said. “But right now, you guys are going to a base we have in New York state.”

 

“New York state?” Todd asked. “Shouldn’t we go somewhere that she can’t easily go?”

 

“There aren’t a lot of places a seven mile tall woman can’t go, son,” Stark said.

 

“But what about Bradley?” Sarah asked. “What do we do about him?”

 

“Only one thing you can do for him now,” The Colonel replied. “Pray that that giant egghead doesn't drop him."