- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Be sure to leave a review and also tell me some suggestions on what you'd like to see next in the story, it'll help out a lot!

 

 

The forest that has yet to been entered by any of the three youthful castaways hosts a plethora of unseen beasts. The deeper you get, the bigger they get. The small creatures in the shorter trees and bushes near the shore won't dare take a single step towards the enormous and seemingly dangerous Natalie. Aren up in her hand is safe too obviously. However the same can't be said for the lonely Michael, who at 5'10'' is a much easier target for hungry predators.

 

Michael, who is very used to getting what he wants, is really starting to struggle with simply keeping it together due to the fact that he's pretty much never in stressful situations. The sun doesn't stop beating down on him for a second, and as he looks at it's blinding rays he can make out that it's only mid day. He could go into the shade of the smaller trees at the starting edge of the forest, but that's where he saw the small dinosaur run to. He stop walking and takes a second to look into the seemingly never ending forest, wonder if that's where people are. There seems to be no sign at all of people on shore, so that's the only other place.

 

The forest gets thicker and taller towards the center, at at the very middle are mountains. Michael can't make any human structures out on the mountain, and since it seems really easy to get lost in there, he decides to keep trudging along the shore. Sweet starts to appear on his face, but he's not too thirsty yet having drunken much water back when we was on the boat. He feels like he's been walking for near hours and still there's not one single sign of any man ever being here, not even a foot print in the soft light brown sand.

 

Although Michael can't seem to find what he's looking for, something else has indeed found a wanted item. The item is Michael, and peering through the many bushes from very edges of the forest is yet another dinosaur. This one is nothing like the somewhat harmless tiny one on his back. This different species of raptor is about six feet tall and ten feet in length from the tip of his snout to his the end of his long tail. It's a dark brown color with a lighter shade of green eyes. It's pupil is purely black and very ovular. 

 

It's been following Michael for about an hour now, patiently waiting to strike at a good moment. The raptor has figured that the boy is already sick or tired, so it should be an easy meal. It's never hunted a human before let alone seen one, but Michael's size isn't too intimidating to it. 

 

The raptor's sharp clawed feet snap a twig as it steps on one. Being only about fifteen feet from the raptor but oblivious to it due to it's hiding, Michael's head quickly turns towards the direction the sound of a stick breaking came from. He starts to back away slowly, keeping a close eye on the area as he does so. Knowing it blew it's cover, the raptor reacts now and comes sprinting out at Michael.

 

It opens its mouth wide and brings its arms up to slash at him. It all happens in a few seconds, but Michael reacts just in time to get out of the way of it's lunge. The viscous dinosaur goes about knee deep in the ocean before quickly turning around and sprinting once more at the now running teen. Not wanting to stay in the open and not good with life threatening situations, Michael runs right into the forest to try and lose his pursuer. Luckily he has both his shoes on, other wise his feet would be turn up by the many sharp sticks. Natalie lost both her shoes in the ocean and Aren lost one.

 

Michael can hear the raptor behind him, the sound of its footsteps are loud and quick and every now and then it lets out an intimidating cry. It's flight or fight mode now for the teen, who just keeps sprinting and sprinting. He makes a sudden quick turn in an attempt to lose the dinosaur since the teen seems to be getting tired more quickly then the two legged reptile. 

 

He's constantly having to hit leaves out of his way and jump over logs and bushes. The raptor jumps over obstacles as he does, but unlike Michael it just barges through things in the way of its face. "Oh god oh god oh god!" He says super quickly in between each short breathe. Michael's fit but there's only so long he can run going so fast. The raptor is built for speed and agility and although he hasn't caught him, there's pretty much no chance he'll lose track of his soon to be prey.

 

Another turn leaves Michael running towards the shore once more. As he turns he almost trips and falls and so he doesn't take the risk of tripping again. Not knowing what else to do, he just keeps running towards the place he though would be an awful place to be chased. Having used practically all his energy, Michael leaps out of the forest into the shore, also having to leap to escape the jaws of the raptor. The raptor by then was now so close it was about to bite down on his arm. Michael face plants into the sand and as soon as he does he tries to scurry up again to run as soon as possible.

 

As he face tilts up out of the sand, that's when he sees it. A human foot, not just an ordinary foot, a foot longer than he is tall. The sight leaves him frozen but the raptor is still well and moving as it leaps on his back. Michael yells out the loudest yell he's ever made as the raptor weight holds him down.

 

Natalie and Aren had heard tons of rustling in the juggle and had both been looking down at the entrance of the forest before Michael even leaped into view. The both gasp as the third member of their little friendship suddenly comes into sight out of the blue. Aren is motionless as a dinosaur enters his vision. His eyes widen and he almost faints seeing the bloody mess that's about to be caused by natural selection.

 

The raptors open mouth dives down and get closer and closer to the jackpot to cause death, but suddenly, BAM! The foot that left Michael in awe quickly shifts and rises back. It shoots forward suddenly and the raptor has no chance against it's sheer power. The dinosaur is sent right off Michael's back and into the forest from where it came. It gets punted far in, and that's the last they see of it. Aren sees the spectacle take place from above and although it's not what he expected to see, the sight still leaves him speechless.

 

Natalie's knees crash down into the sand in front of Michael, who at this point is curled up in a little ball as he slightly whimpers. "O-Oh my goodness... M-Michael..." She says in that pitiful tone that she gave to Aren. Aren is plopped down into the sand from the right hand he had just spent a good hour in. As both of Natalie's hands scoop up the frightened Michael, Aren looks at the forest and cautiously backs up against the denim covering my Natalie's knee to feel safer. 

 

Michael is lifted up in front of the teenage girl's face. "Michael? You're okay now, Michael?" She says oddly seeing him in such a defeated state, she much more used to him being smug and confident. Michael's no longer in pathetic ball but it's still obvious he's scared out of his mind. "Natalie... is that you?" He asks slowly.

 

"Yah it's me, why wouldn't it be m-... oh the whole huge thing right? I don't know what to tell you, me and Aren are just as lost as you, believe me." She says truthfully. "Aren? Where's Aren?" And with that, Natalie plops Michael on the beach too. Aren and Michael look at each other and can't help but to genuinely smile at the sight to see the other is okay. "Well we got the whole gang I guess... I don't where the Captain is though." Says the towering girl as she lets her butt fall a few feet to the ground before extending her long legs on either side of the two boys. She bends her knees and her feet meet behind them, making a protective wall of leg all around them.

 

With the two boys now protected from the dangerous forest and with all three finally together at the shore, more planning can be done. Natalie looks down at the two boys at the center of the large area made by her surrounding legs. "So... now what?" After discovering all these unbelievable things the seeing of a dinosaur really hasn't seemed to faze anybody.

 

Michael is much less used to Natalie's size then Aren is, and all he can do is gawk up at the large teen girl. "Umm... you okay there Michael?" She asks awkwardly. "Y-You..." There's a long pause from the eldest of the three as the other two look on. "You... you saved my life!" Michael exclaims as he starts to see Natalie in a new light, similar to the way Aren does. "I did didn't I?" She says blushing a bit and letting out a soft giggle. She plays it back in her head over and over, with one kick, and not even a full force kick at that, she sent away and possibly even killed a raptor who would have ended her in mere seconds if she was normal sized. "I guess I'm a little strong now." She adds cutely. 

 

Do we have some competition coming along, besides the one for survival?

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Be sure to leave a review and also tell me some suggestions on what you'd like to see next in the story, it'll help out a lot!