- Text Size +

 

I love the summer. It’s definitely my favorite time of the year. No one is afraid to show a bit of skin, girls wear sandals and tank tops. Another plus is that there isn’t no school. No homework. I’m a free man.

 

 

However, I’m not exactly, what you call a hunk. Although, I’m not a nerdy kid either. I’m just your average 5’11 kinda guy. I would usually have that sort of height advantage over most people apart from those tall women and men. My name is Michael and being 17 years old, I likes to keep myself entertained during the summer, no matter what the costs. It was after these events, I’d would meet Gracie, and little did I know, my life would change forever.

 

Gracie had just moved onto my street this summer. One day, when I was driving home, I caught a glimpse of Gracie lifting boxes into the house. I knew that this was an opportunity to give a proper introduction, whilst making a good first impression. As I pulled up, I casually walked over to Gracie’s driveway. I could see that she was struggling.

 

‘Hey, need a hand?’ I asked. Gracie looked towards the street and smiled.

‘Yes please, these boxes are so heavy, you look more than capable’ She smiled. Wow, she was definitely taking a liking to me. I walked over and she, struggling, lifted the box and pass it over to me. I casually lifted it up. I was wearing a vest so it gave me a perfect chance to show of my biceps.

‘Wow, you're not exactly scrawny’ she laughed, ‘Follow me into the house’. I followed her into the house. She was beautiful. Long dark, brown hair. Big blue eyes. She must have some sort of ethnic background as she wasn’t plain white, she had a nice olive skin colour. She wasn’t exactly the largest either, compared to myself, reaching just up to my shoulder, I reckon she was about 5’2, however I was wearing quite thick sandals, adding another inch, whilst she was barefoot.

 

‘Just through here’ she said. I followed her into her bedroom. It was most decorated to what you’d expect from a 17 year old girl. It was plain white, double bed, a desk with her laptop in the corner and a dresser. The room still had piles of clothes and boxes around it so it seemed smaller than it was.  

 

‘Where should I put it?’ I asked. She began making a space for it on the floor.

‘Just here please’ She replied. I placed the box at her feet and then got back up again.

‘Your a nice guy…?’

‘Michael, and your name is?’

‘Gracie’ she replied. ‘Listen, I’ve just moved so it would be great if you came in and showed me around a bit, say 7 tonight?’. Is she asking me out on a date already?

‘Sure, 7 sounds great’ I replied, smiling. She showed me out and as we went down the stairs, a younger girl was waiting for us at the bottom.

‘Oh, thats just Trish, she’s 15,’ Gracie said.

‘I’m nearly 16, God’ Trish said walking up the stairs, she was just slightly smaller than Gracie. We made it to the door.

‘Again thanks, see you tonight, don’t be late!’ She said.

‘I wouldn’t dream of it’ I replied, I gave her a wave and walked across the street to my house.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think in the reviews. Michael's night will be the beginning for his new life.