- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For some reason, I've been thinking up ideas for other stories as well as writing the first chapter for two of them. I really should focus on Chapter 7 for now... Also, more 1st/3rd person switches. (Also, flashback chapter)

*Mountainous Range; Very Early Morning*

It had been a couple of hours since the catastrophe at the village had happened, and Isa still hadn't said a thing since he, Kate, and Brianna left. He wasn't still in shock from what had happened, but his thoughts were focused on something different. Kate and Brianna were not only wondering what was keeping him quiet still, but also what had happened at the town, when he suddenly started screaming and freaked out unexpectedly. The two of them, having decided earlier to ask him what had happened, set him down on a tall cliff, while Kate and Brianna slowly lied down as close to the cliff as possible, which meant bumping against some of the mountain-like grounds surrounding them.

"Isa, you've been quiet for so long. Please, tell us why you're acting like this and what happened earlier." Brianna nicely asked.

"Kate wants to know why Big Brother hasn't said anything to Kate in a long time. Please Big Brother?" Kate also asked.

Isa continued to sit there motionless, but it seemed that he had heard the two of them, as he didn't see any other reason as to why he needed to keep to himeself any longer.

"Well, first off that outbreak at the village? That wasn't just any normal outburst. Those horrible scenes I was forced to witness made me remember something I had thought was forgotten long ago. That wasn't the only time I was forced to see death and destruction with no way of preventing it. And that speech I made up about being destined to defeat The Goddess? That was a lie. My past experience with the Giantesses led me to take this path." He explained.

"You mean you've seen something like that happen before?" Brianna asked, surprised that he was saying it flat out.

"Kate wants to know what happened to Big Brother! Tell Kate!" She pleaded.

Isa already knew that he had gotten their attention with his explanation, so he decided to retell a past memory that he really didn't want to dive into again.

"Alright. It all happened about six years ago when I was ten. I was so excited about that day because it was my birthday. What I didn't know however, was that I wasn't that only one getting excited about todaym as it was also the same day where Giantesses invaded our village. But I'll get to that later. Anyway, I had just jumped out of bed, quickly gotten dressed, and raced out the front the front door. Right out in front of me, there was a large table with a spread out, and there was my family; my Mom, Dad, and my older sister. They had told me that they had been setting this up since last night. And that they had invited other people as well. I was overwhelmed with joy as I decided to enjoy this day to the fullest, as I knew this day was very special to me, but also to everyone who shared in it as well! It was only a short time later when the Giantesses arrived. Non of us even saw it coming. Everyone was socializing, everyone was having a good time. That's when we heard it. A monstrous tremor rocked the ground and we heard screams coming from behind us. We turned, and saw five Giantesses had arruved and had begun wreaking havoc through our village! Barely anyone had time to find places to hide, only because none of us had been alerted that they were coming. People were scrambling for cover, desperately trying to seek shelter to escape the Giantesses, but their efforts were in vain, as they were killed right in front of our faces. I had never seen someone die before, and I wanted to make it stop, make it go away so I didn't have to experience it any longer. But I couldn't do anything. I was being whisked away by my sister and some other villagers into one of the underground zones. However, one Giantess saw that we were trying to escape, and divided us up with a swipe of her hand. We were all sent flying, I was luckily in the chest of my sister, keeping me from getting hurt as we slammed hard against a destroyed building. When we hit the ground, I tried over and over to wake her up, but what I didn't know was that she was unconscious. I also wasn't aware that the Giantess was approaching us until she was right on top of us. When I noticed, I stood in front of my sister wit hthe bravest face I could make, but the Giantess simply laughed and picked me up/ I was frightened. scared stiff as I had no idea what she was going to do next. What she did though, I could never forget. She forced me to watch as she stepped on my parents, relishing not only in the power, but also in my sadness, as I couldn't stop the tears from flowing as I watched my parents die right before my eyes/ When all was said and done, before she set me down and left me with the others, she brought me close to her face and siad these words: 'Humans anre nothing more than bugs, waiting to be stepped on by their superiors, like your parents. And like them, you shall and always be a bug.' After that, everything changed."
Kate and Brianna were deeply touched by Isa's story. It was amazing that he was able to recover from such an event and have found newfound motivation to his new cause. Not to mention despite witnesseing such pain and suffering by the hands of a Giantess, he was still willing to believe that there was still good in a Giantess, even if that Giantess were to turn her back on him.

"Wow. I had no idea that's what happened to you Isa..." Brianna said sadly.

"Kate can't believe Giantesses would be so mean! Big Brother, Kate will make sure you get to the castle!" Kate exclaimed.

"Yeah! That kind of bad deed should not go unpunished!" Brianna added.

Seeing their enthusiasm, Isa picked himself and shook off this sad expression, replacing it with the same determination he had since he started this quest.

"Well that settles it! In a few hours, we continue towards The Goddess!" Isa said, the fighting sprit plent present in his voice.

Chapter End Notes:

Chapter 7 coming soon.... (I hope)