- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I should've posted this during one of the snow days... But better late then never right?

This chapter changes from third-person to first-person, then third-person later on in the chapter. You'll know when it comes...

*The Goddess' Castle*

     The Goddess looked upon this sudden friendship with the townspeople with intrigue. She hadn't expected too much of a response from the people, but she didn't expect them to be convinced so easily. But for every person who was convinced, there were those who weren't convinced by the three as she turned her attention to some of the more skeptical people that she viewed through her ball of mist. She saw this as an opportunity to break this shallow friendship, as she thought of friendships simply as weak hearts clinging for solace. If she could get the people riled up not from their doing, but from another, she could trigger the thought that the only reason they wished to get close to them was only  so another giantess could come while the people were off-guars and have not two, but three destructive giantesses! She was right, it would most likely happen, and she knew just who to bring. A giantess who could easily decieve and worm her way into people's hearts, only to turn on and crush insignificant bugs beneath her.

"Christina! Your Goddess calls you!" She bellowed.

About a few seconds passed before the doors opened and there appeared a giantess, whose features gave her a very cute appearance, but couldn't cover up her cruel, unforgiving attitude.

"Yes my Goddess?"

"I need you to head to the village not too far off from the windy forest. See if you can get close to the people and that boy Isa, and get them to think you've turned on me as well. Is that clear?"

Crystal. It's been too long since I've gotten to trick some people. I wonder if it'll be as fun as I remember." Christina snickered as she happily, but cruelly went out the double doors.

The Goddess continued to gaze into the mist ball, eagerly awaiting the inevitable chaos that would soon be among the town.

*The Town Fields*

It was almost sunset when the people of the town had completely gathered outside to celebrate that we had formed. The field that was decided to dine on was divided into three sections. Tables on opposite sides that were spread out a fair distance apart filled the forst sectiomns, and the third section had only two parts. The first were two skyscraper sized chairs and tables for both Hate and Bri (perfectly done according to their size) and enormous saucer plates filled nicely with food for the two of them. For me, I was to sit with people in the middle of the two tables so I could tell them of our adventure so far. The tables were also close enough to the other table so that the two giantesses could hear as well, but not so that there would be any accidental squishing. People began filing out to the two tables, both of which had food already laid out like a dinner service. Kate and Brianna also took their seats, although the thought did not escape my mind how they seemed like a King and Queen only by their size. Once everyone was seated and self-served, people began socializing with one another as well as with me and even Kate and Bri. It made me happy to see this many people at once, especially those who were curious about Kate and Bri. Men and women, children alike, were raised onto their shared table, and asked questions not only about their life with The Goddess, but also why they decided to join me.

Brianna's answer was: "I'm not sure if it was just Isa's bravery and victory over that other giantess, but there's just something else about him that just makes me so happy to be with him!"

Kate's response was: "Kate used to think Momma was Goddess, but Big brother told me that she's not nice! Big brother also knows what's best and Kate wants to know more about Big brother too!"

It seemed that everyone was enjoying themselves for the mose part. However, out of the corner of my eye, I could see that a small group of men and women, (mostly adults and elders) were looking at me and occasionally glancing at Brianna and Kate as well. Of course, this was to be expected. Not everyone is willing to accept something so quickly, even after a showing of simple gentleness and kindness. I then began to make my way over to the skepticals, when the ground shook and caused me to fall face-first, getting a cloak of dirt on my face. I was able to get back up, and the ground continued to shake, attracting the attention of everyone, who began looking around to see who or what was coming our way. When we noticed an eclipsing shadow covering us, we all turned around to a cute giantess with a very sad, and innocent look on her face.

"Please, would someone help me!" The giantess cried out.

It didn't take long for me to call for Kate to carry me so I could talk to this giantess at eye level, seeing and taking note that she appeared to be slightly shorter that Kate, but much taller than Brianna. She had to be around the 160-170 foot range. Once kate had gotten me to the same height as the girl, I decided to ask more so I could paint a clear picture of this girl's deal.

"What's your name? I'm guessing that based on an..obvious aspect you that you're one of The Goddess' Giantesses am I right? What happened?" I asked.

"I can't take it anymore! All this death and destruction is so sad! It makes me wanna cry! Please, my name is Christina and I would love to join you to dethrone The Goddess!" She explained while also drying her tear-stained face.

I looked at this girl with saddness is my eyes. From the way she told me, she seemed like a lost child that took the wrong side out of desperation to survive. Not only that, but her story seemed to touch everyone else that hear as well rather emotionally.

"Listen Christina, you're not the only one who was guided down the wrong path. Kate here was convinced for a long time that The Goddess was her mother. That is, until she met me and Brianna, and Kate's been treating me like family. I would be delighted to have someone like you join us." I explained.

Christina's face lit up and she made a smile that let me know that I had made not only a new ally, but that the people were also moved by my unselfishness.

*Nighttime; Town Square*

Night had recently fallen upon the town, and all of its people had gone back inside their homes to care for their loved ones and get some rest. Isa imagined the people sleeping peacefully, knowing that it had three giantesses protecting it from any invaders. Kate and Brianna had already fallen asleep, since Isa had told them that he and Christina would stay awake and keep watch for anything odd.

"You know Isa, you seem very trusting of those you haven't known for too long." Christina pointed out.

"Oh. Well I hadn't really thought of it that way. I've known Kate and Brianna for some time now, and even though I just met you, I couldn't simply bat a blind eye and ignore someone in need." Isa replied.

Christina certainly was hearing what Isa was saying, and began thinking that it was about time to start doing what she did best besides deception.

"Hey Isa, why don't you get some rest? We wouldn't want our hero to be tired for what's ahead right?" She suggested with an unnoticable tone of malice in her voice.

"Yeah, I guess so. Wake me up if something happens alright?"

Christina nodded in reply and Isa began to lie down peacefully and fall asleep. She waited until she was certain that he was sleeping, before she got up and put on an evil grin. Not long after Isa had fallen asleep did he, Brianna, and Kate jerk awake from the sudden sound of crushed wood and shattered glass.

"Kate heard loud noise and woke up. Where's Christina?" She asked.

The three of them looked and saw that Christina wasn't by Isa anymore. They then got to their feet and immediately began looking around, as they could still hear the undeniable sound of crushing. When Brianna spotted her, she alerted Kate and Isa.

"Hey! She's over there!" Brianna called.

Once Kate had picked up Isa and brought herself and him to where Brianna was, they all expected to Christina to be fighting off another giantess, but what they saw was completely different. Christina was destroying buildings and by the look of it, was enjoying it! Not only that, but sounds could be heard behind them as well. They turned, and they saw an large mob of people with many different stabbing weapons in their hands. The three of them had already joined in one common thought: The mob only consisted of the skeptical people who before had put their trust in them, and that they'd also befriended. Now they were completely convinced that Isa had led the three giantesses here and that he favored The Goddess also, which was exactly how she had forseen it and it was playing out perfectly. The slightest spark can set off the largest powder keg, and it was erupting with the people from the mob.

"Kate, give me a light toss in Christina's direction. I need you and Brianna to hold off the mob as long as you can but don't hurt them!" Isa directed.

"Ok, but be careful Big Brother!"

Kate moved her arm in a swift motion up in the air, allowing Isa to boost his jumping distance, making it look like he was catapulting himself. Kate and Brianna quickly turned around and laid down on the ground using their now linked arms as a barricade to prevent the people from getting any closer. Once Isa was in the air, he prepped himself for the landing, as he was clearly going to land straight on the ground, rather than land on a house and run the risk of more buildings being destroyed. Christina noticed Isa's entry and turned around to see the 'friend' she had made.

"Well, glad to see you made it. I was starting to think that this was too easy." Christina said, with much pleasure present in her evil smile.

"Christina! Why? Tell me why'd you do this?!" Isa exclaimed, his mind set on what he'd seen so far.

"Why? Because it's fun! I've been waiting for this chance for so long, and I have to say, it sure feels just as good as I remember!" She replied, relishing in what she had done.

"I put my trust in you! I pitied you! I felt bad for you!" He argued back with.

"Yes, you did. It shows just how naive you are, and besides, trust can be broken just as easy as it is formed." She answered coldly.

Isa pulled out his sword and recklessly charged at Christina, his sword only guided by his anger. Christina then took a deep breath, bent over and blew a storm of air in Isa's face, sending him flying back into the wall of a nearby house and also sending his sword flying in Kate and Brianna's direction, both of which were still holding back the mob. They were handling it accordingly to how Isa wanted them to, but they weren't sure how much longer they could hold out. They knew that the mob's strikes were weak, but the continuous attacks were starting to catch up to them. Meanwhile, Isa's ride into the house's wall caught him off-guard, and he wasn't able to pull out his shield and push against it, which forced him to take the brunt of the blow to his back, dropping him to his knees and struggling to recompose himself. Christina however, didn't let him catch his breath and soon after he hit the ground, roughly picked him up.

"Huh, I didn't think you'd take that full-on. Thought you'd try to outsmart me like you did Haley." She scoffed.

"Although since I see you're still trying to seem brave, let's see how long that spirit of yours lasts!"

Christina turned her and Isa's attention towards one of the houses nearby. Isa watched in shock, as he saw Christina stomp it flat, sending debris everywhere.

"No, no stop it!" Isa yelled, his voice sounding a bit as if he was begging.

But Christina didn't listen. She knew that he couldn't do anything to hurt her without his blades, so she continued to stopm houses, buildings, and even people, pushing Isa further and further until he was begging and crying.

"Please! I'm begging you! Stop this!" He begged.

Images began flashing through his mind, images that he thought he had long since forgotten that had scared him and drove him to his new cause. He then started squirming and screaming in shock, as he was powerless while Christina held him tightly and continued her rampage. It felt like forever to him, but it was only a couple minutes later that Christina stopped and set Isa down on the ground, shivering and spirit-broken from witnessing the simultaneous flashbacks and deaths of so many people. Without saying anything else to him, Christina then left the town, proud of her work and having a satisfied feeling of accomplishment. The town was quiet, the signs of death and destruction present all around them. The two friendly giantesses and townspeople had made their to Isa, feeling terrible for him as he was forced to witness deaths that he couldn't prevent and tortured so badly. The crowd of people opened and an individual stepped forward, handing Isa a bag filled with supplies, as well as his sharpened sword, stronger shield, and daggers now given very extendable rope to act as grapplers as well. Isa accepted them silently and was picked up by Brianna, who then left with Kate trailing behind, the town in ruin and depression from the events that had transpired.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Working on Chapter 6. Could be some time before it comes out, but for now just bare with me and keep on supporting!