- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

                      So now Adam is introduced to his new world, however it takes him awhile to remember whats going on

Adam begrudgingly awoke at the sound of a distant trembling. Regaining his bearings he stood up trying to piece together what his last memory was. Perhaps his surroundings could help allude to what where he was. It seemed weird, around him was what seemed to be a snowy forest. However it did not seem natural the white surroundings stood completely still, they did not bend nor did they sway. Perhaps he was at some weird theme park he thought. Adam’s mind was desperately trying to figure out the question with the evidence around him but nothing was forthcoming to help answer the question. Adam looked up there was a sky it was white with an oddly shaped sun. It was then Adam’s brain kicked into gear as the tremor continued to get louder. He focused on the sun concentrating hard, something looked wrong about it. Suddenly realisation along with his memories rushed to greet him. Adam was not staring at the sun but rather a large light bulb that seemed a planet away. Now Adam remembered he was in Alissa’s room, except he was small and not just small, but incredibly small. This jungle he was in was the carpet, it arose around him higher than the tallest tree he had ever seen.

 

The Tremors had returned with each passing moment they grew louder and sounded more destructive. Adam had a mix of curiosity and fear he yearned to know what the noise’s source, yet felt instinctive to try and preserve himself in this new world he was now trapped in. The tremors now turned into earthquakes. It was so bad Adam was unable to retain balance and had to remain sitting down until he finally saw a glimpse of the source. The light he called sun was now eclipsed by a large moving platform it seemed. It was like watching a star destroyer of immense size rush over head at incredible speed. But something caught his eye and that was the sign of a little tick logo on whatever was passing by. Finally the moment was over and what he guessed to be a colossal sneaker had completed its trip followed by the sound of another sneaker crashing nearby. There she was, Alissa she consumed all of my vision that wasn’t carpet. Her legs stretched up higher than any distance man on this earth had seen. Her nicely moulded legs conjoined inside a pair of shorts that dominated the space that was her lower body. Adam couldn’t believe what he was seeing the tiny hairs on her legs even dwarfed him.

 

“I guess he couldn’t wait”

 

The sound of her voice hit Adam like a wave forcing him to the ground yet again. It hung around like an unusual thunderclap making Adam cover his ears and beg for it to stop, although as soon as it had started it was over with nothing but a tiny Adam wincing in pain by Alissa’s gigantic feet. When Adam was finally able to allow his mind to roam again he sensed Alissa was disappointed with him leaving early. The side of Adam that wasn’t focusing on survival took a direct hit that he wasn’t there at the moment. Alissa meantime was not waiting around to keep her shoes on any longer her feet must have ached from that run she had complained about to Adam earlier on. She readjusted her position allowing her lower body to fall onto the bed like a meteor before beginning to untie her shoes. Alissa tossed one of her shoes uncaringly away, and why should she care? The tiny world around her was unseeable to her. It’s hard to be guilty when your oblivious to what you have done. The ground shook as a shoe crashed near Adam’s position causing him to fall yet again. While doing so he noticed something flying above him preparing to make crush him where he was. Adam screamed out hoping that somebody would hear him and save him from this scary world. However it was to be the carpet that was to save the day as the carpet around him bent and constricted preventing the object from falling any further towards him. Adam had survived yet again.

 

Adam now after collecting himself had become curious to what small insignificant thing had almost ended him. It was nothing but a simple shoe lace, it had almost fallen on him like a tree after being chopped down. While it had almost closed the door on Adam’s life an opportunity to get out of this white maze that Adam had not long ago been crushing underneath him. He climbed the nearest piece of carpet which was in reach of the giant sneaker lace. Once near the top he hoisted himself onto the lace. The lace itself was bigger than a road train if you where to stack two of them up it would still be bigger. All Adam could do now was walk until he reached his destination the large sneaker that stood like a monument in the distance.

 

Night time was now beginning to settle in as Adam drew closer towards the monolith sneaker. Alissa had moved deciding to do some study by her desk, a small move but it had helped quashed Adam’s fears of her needing to use her sneaker again, it seemed Alissa had no plans for the rest of the night to go anywhere, for that Adam could breathe a sigh of relief. Although Adam was small and almost unseeable to the naked eye he had not expected to take so much time up just trying to reach the sneaker, it put into proportion just how small Adam really was. However as time pressed on Adam finally arrived at his destination. The lace now slopped up the front of the sneaker, forcing Adam to climb now, much to his surprise the fabric of the lace was easy to grip and made climbing very easy for Adam. Adam pressed on when towards the top of the sneaker when all of a sudden Alissa got up to go and grab something to eat. By now Adam was used to the Tremors but this one had caught him off guard causing Adam to lose his grip on the lace.

 

Adam had fallen off the lace and impacted with the surface of the sneaker below. Because Adam was near the entrance of the shoe he was on a slope. Adam began to slide down the way he had come towards to toe section of the sneaker. The material of the shoe made it uncomfortable sliding unable to control or prevent himself from sliding further, Adam screamed. But no one was going to save him, his pleas for help would go unanswered. The one person that could save could not hear and was no longer within the room anyway. Adam began to pay attention to his destination which was to toe section of the shoe. The end of the shoe was dominated by a field of holes. These were designed to be small and allow air flow for Alissa’s feet, however for Adam these were large and dominated the whole section he was heading too. Adam could also the heat rising up from these holes like a road on a hot summer’s day. Unable to stop himself Adam continued to slide until one hole got in the way of his path and allowed Adam to fall inside. Still screaming Adam begged for an end as he was blasted by a wave of hot air. While this air was most unwelcomed, it did slow down his decent towards to sole of her shoe where he landed with an almighty thud.

 

Adam lay on his back stunned by pain and the how quickly a turn of events had appeared. He looked up at the ceiling small parts of light where penetrating through the holes he had just fallen through. While some light was flooding in the insides of his new prison, it was mostly bleak and dark. Adam’s back was wet having landed on the soft moist ground that was soaked with sweat still here from Alissa’s run earlier on. Back still in pain from impact Adam got to his feet again so he could examine his situation, but mostly to get some distance between him and Alissa’s left over sweat. The smell of sweat was strong it clung to him like cigarette smoke. Adam could taste it in his mouth while it violated his nostrils. Without many options Adam began a tiresome journey towards the mouth of the shoe, and then he could hopefully climb out.

Adam trudged along with little light behind him. His footfalls were audible as that collided with the squishy surface below, each time making a squelch noise. Adam had long ago done away with his jumper and shirt but had decided to leave his pants on. The humidity was unbearable hence why Adam was half naked; still he continued to sweat profoundly, constantly worrying that he would pass out from exhaustion or from dehydration. Still despite it all Adam’s body and mind proved to be durable taking everything being thrown at it in stride. This did not stop thoughts from entering his mind though such as; how he was going to get out of this situation, would he ever see his friends or family again or at any moment his life could be ended with one swift stroke. Even though these played on Adam’s mind he remained committed because he really had no other options other than to try and get rescued.

Not paying much attention to what was happening Adam blindly walked into something soft yet drenched with sweat. His thoughts interrupted Adam looked to see what he had walked into. Adam’s hopes were dashed he had walked into a sock which Alissa had stuffed in her shoe sealing off chances of exit. Adam was trapped.

 

Chapter End Notes:

leave suggestions to where the story might go from here. as they are very helpful.