- Text Size +
  1. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 


Mile tall blues

 

 

They say be careful what you wish for. I have learned that is true. Before you ask I’m not one of those who has gone to the Wishbone restaurant and made a wish. I have read Stanley Charm memoirs. I have read about what can go wrong.

 

My name is Melody Johnston. I was a short woman. I was only 4’10” and felt like I was the shortest woman in the world. On second thought, I should say I felt like the shortest woman in Canada, the country that I call home.

 

A friend of mine once sent me a cartoon showing a huge giantess sitting on a planet that no bigger than a beach ball to her.

“All I wanted was to be a little bit taller.” The woman in the cartoon moaned. While I am nowhere near that big. I think I know how she feels.

 

All right I admit I wanted to be more than a little bit taller. I dreamt of being a class seven or six giantess. I guess that should explain that class seven giantesses are 15 feet tall and class six giantesses are 50 feet tall. The giantesses get bigger as the class number gets smaller. Taylor Smith the GTS-goddess that runs this world is class one. At 6,000 feet tall she’s the biggest giantess of all. She prefers to be addressed as goddess Smith.

 

Then one day I heard that goddess Smith was creating some new openings for giantesses. There were six openings. Each class of giantess had an opening. People from all over the world were welcome to apply. And hundreds of women around the world did apply. I applied to become a giantess and indicated that I wanted to be a class seven giantess. With class six being my second choice. But at the time I didn’t read the fine print on the application form. It would come back to haunt me.

 

For some reason goddess Smith decided to fill the openings one day at a time. The first day the opening in the seventh class of giantesses was filled. On the second day the opening in the sixth class was filled. On and on it went until the sixth day when the second class giantess opening was filled.

 

The first sign of trouble was on the first day when Brenda became a class seven giantess. She was a 6’4’ blond woman who wanted to be an all powerful giantess. She was not happy.

“I applied to be a class two giantess. Not a weak class seven.” She complained to goddess Smith. But Goddess Smith replied.

“I decide your size. I am under no obligation to fallow what people put down as their size preference.”

Brenda was not happy. It was at that point I ran for cover for I knew from experience Brenda would be taking out her anger on the first small person she met. Fortunately I was able to elude her.

The second day came and went. Someone in England became the class six. I assumed that my application had been rejected.

 

The days passed. A woman in Nigeria got the class five spot. The class four went to a woman in China. An American took the class three spot. All these women made the news. And the media speculated on who would be picked next. There was a lot speculation on who the class two giantess would be. The reason being her estimated height was a mile. She would be one of the most powerful giantesses on the planet.

 

I remember the news cast the evening before the sixth day. I was watching it with my friend Mariah who wanted to be a second class giantess.

“One of these women will wake up a mile tall in the Texan house.” The newscaster said while pointing to pictures of the remaining giantess applicants. 

“That woman will be me.” Mariah told me.

“What’s makes you so sure? There are still hundreds of women in the running.”I asked her.

“Because I deserve it. But don’t worry I won’t forget you Mel.”

”At a mile tall you won’t be able to even see me.”

She laughed at that. But it was no laughing matter the next day. But Mariah was wrong. She didn’t become the class two giantess. I did.

 

I woke to the sound of my cell phone ringing. It was on a nearby table. Still half asleep I answered it.

“Hello.”

“Ms. Johnston you’re late. Where are you?”

I started to say at home when I realized I wasn’t home. I was in a strange bed. Then a tall blond woman came into the room. Took the cell phone from my hands and said into the mouthpiece.

“Mr. Manning? This is goddess Smith. I’m here to inform you that Ms. Johnston is no longer working for you. She’s working for me.”

I could my boss correction ex boss yelling over the phone. Goddess Smith then hung up on him.

“Is she awake yet?” A voice asked in a Texan accent. I looked to see a brunette dressed in a class two uniform standing in what seemed to be a hallway. 

“I’m wondering if I’m still dreaming. What’s going on?”

“Congratulations Melody Johnston you have been selected to be a class two giantess. You’re in the Texan house and you are now a mile tall. I’m Taylor Smith but call me Goddess Smith in public. Over there is Hillary Gabriel.”

“Wait a minute. She’s taller than me?” Hillary asked.

“She’s only 280 feet taller than you. You’ll hardly notice the difference.”

“There must be some mistake.” I muttered.

“I know this isn’t the size you wanted. But you’re meant to be a mile tall.” Goddess Smith told me.

“That’s an understatement. There are woman my friend Mariah for example who would have been better suited to being a mile tall.”

“If you read the fine print in the application form you’ll see that I have the final say over a giantess size. Get dressed and we’ll tell you want you need to know about being a class two giantess.”

It was only then I realized I only had a bra and patties on.

 

To be continued 

 

 For those who are curious here’s how the class’s break down. Giantess numbers include the new hires.  

 

Giantess classes a brief guide

Class one: Height: 6000 feet  

Number of giantesses in class: 1 (Taylor Smith herself)

Class two: Height: 5000 feet to one mile

Number of giantess in class: 2

Class three: Height 3000 feet

Number of giantess in class: 4

Class four: Height 500 feet

Number of giantess in class: 8

Class five: Height 250 feet

Number of giantess in class: 16

Class six: Height 50 feet

Number of giantess in class: 32

Class seven: Height 15 feet

Number of giantess in class: 64