- Text Size +

After a few uneventful weeks my curiosity got the better of me and I decided to go down to R & D and see how Dakota’s shrinking project was running. As I was heading to the elevator I could see Ana peeking her head in my cubicle then looking around for me.

 

“You have to be kidding me?” I thought to myself “maybe Katie was right after all. Eh, I’ll cross that bridge later.”

 

So I walked into Dakota’s lab and saw her writing down notes on her desk that was cluttered with all sorts of papers and folders. “Wow no wonder nothing has really been getting done.” I thought to myself.

 

“Hey Dakota” I said startling her.

 

“What? Oh hi Mr. Moreno, is there some kind of problem?” she responded

 

“Eric, you can call me Eric, remember.” I said a little annoyed  “and no I just wanted to see how things were going down here. Maybe see you shrink something in person.”

 

“Oh! Well lucky you came by right now. I’m about to miniaturize that crate over there on the panel right now.” She said as she points over to this large metallic panel on the floor with about 4 spotlight looking things on the roof pointed downwards.

 

“Wow so that’s it huh?” I said, “looks cool.”

 

“Well I’m glad you think its ‘cool’ I only spent a majority of my adult life working on this.” she responded a little snarky.

 

While she was looking at her monitor punching away at keys I walked over absent-mindedly to the crate. Gave it a good tap to see how heavy it was. I walked around the perimeter of the crate and I hear a lot of humming and the machines above me start to awaken.

 

I yelled out a little nervously, “SO HOW SMALL IS THIS THING GOING TO GET?”

 

I wanted to get Dakota’s attention to make sure I wasn’t blasted by this machine   but I was honestly curious about how much it would shrink this big crate.

 

So I look over to her waiting for an answer when I see her look up from the monitor with this look of fear like she just saw her kid in a car accident.

 

The machine’s humming slowly gets more quiet till it stops and she starts running over to me screaming, “What the HELL were you doing in the miniaturization matrix?! Do have any idea what could any idea that you could have been killed?!!”

 

My heart starts racing, “Wait, wait… you mean the process is OVER?!” I start stammering “I… I was right under the damn thing!!”

 

My adrenaline starts pumping, “That was like what 2 minutes? How could this shrinking thing work THAT fast?! What is going to happen to me?! Am I going to shrink?!?”

 

“Please!” she interrupted. “We need to keep your heart rate down. If you continue at this rate I estimate that…”

 

I’m not really hearing anything she says. I couldn’t focus even if I tried. All I can hear is my own heart pounding and see Katie smiling at me. What the hell is happening?

 

I pass out.

 

I open and start rubbing my eyes and don’t recognize where I am.  I get up off this white floor and start to get a grip my surroundings. Suddenly the ground starts to shake. Living in California I am familiar with the feeling of earthquakes but then as I turn around all of today’s events at Dakota’s lab come flooding back into my head.

 

I look up to see this titan like being walking towards me. I crane my neck up to try and put a face to this behemoth to luckily find that is Katie.

 

“What the hell is going on here?!” I think to myself, “Last I remember I was in the lab, and now I’m a damn crumb on the floor in what looks like my apartment! How did I get here?”

 

My internal monologue was cut short by my girlfriend’s right barefoot smashed just to the right of me. The force of the impact blew me on my ass and left my ears ringing a bit.

 

Now in survival mode, I try to get myself up to start running away as her left foot begins to move. I start sprinting for the other foot figuring it to be the safest place for me when a shadow starts to cover everything around me. I see where the shadow of her gigantic ends and decide to just close my eyes, jump and pray I survive this.

 

I jump and hear a loud SMACK as her gorgeous foot which I used to massage and kiss sends a shock wave that blows me even further. Trying to catch my breath I try screaming up to my now gargantuan girlfriend.

 

“KATIE!! KATIE!” I try screaming in between pants but I know there’s just no way she can hear me.

 

But by some miracle I think she is looking at me. No, I recognize that look. It’s the look she gets when we are role-playing and she is playing the dominating giantess. Her cold eyes stare right through me and make me feel even smaller than what I already am. I just look up at this goddess in front of me and try to see what mood she’s in.

 

“HEY BABE!” I scream up to her, “I’M SO GLAD YOU CAN SEE…”

 

“Shut up BUG!” she interrupts me. Hearing her voice from my new perspective for the first time almost make my knees buckle. “You truly are nothing to me now, I might as well just get this over with.”

 

I honestly can’t believe what I’m hearing and wit tears starting to run down from my eyes I call up to my girlfriend now executioner, “Please Katie! Don’t do this!”

 

“Pathetic.” Is all I can hear as her bare foot covers my world in darkness…

 

“Eric! Eric! Are you ok?!” I wake up to see Dakota standing over me with a worried look on her face.

 

Looking at myself and taking a glance over at the crate, it doesn’t look like we’ve lost any size

 

“What is going to happen to me?” I said still shaken up by that nightmare.

 

“Sorry to tell you, but because we have no data on organic subjects, I honestly have no idea.”