- Text Size +

Now I know not many people have been in a situation like this but Ana’s hand reaching for me looked like a plane falling from the sky. I almost fainted then everything went black as she wrapped her now powerful fingers around me. The world around me swirled and my stomach dropped to my feet as she lifted me up to her billboard size face.

 

Once the elevator ride from hell stopped she held me close to her eyes. Now I don’t know the exact height I currently am but being inspected by two plate sized eyes made me feel even more miniscule. Thankfully Ana held me further away from her and broke the silence first.

 

“Eric?” she said still slightly confused as to how I am so small.

 

“Yeah” I say trying to catch my breath, “do you think you can loosen your grip a little bit?”

 

“Oh I am so sorry hun!” she says concerned “I didn’t even realize I could be hurting you. Wow! I can even feel your little heart beat”

 

“So… ” she starts twirling a strand of her black hair with her other finger “are you going to tell me now what’s been going on?”

 

I’m trying to struggle to get my arms out of her fist because it feels like I am in flowery smelling straight jacket thanks to that damn lotion she always wears.

 

“Can you please take me to Dakota’s lab on the R & D floor?” I say still struggling

 

“Oh this is just too good to be true!” Ana says talking to herself clearly ignoring my plight in her grip. “I can’t wait to get you home all to myself” she squeezed me a little firmer when she said ‘myself’.

 

“This is getting bad I should have just stayed hidden. I think to myself, “But I just have to wait out the time limit.”

 

Places me in her blazer pocket and starts to walk out of my cubicle. Inside the pocket the ride is like being on a ship during a storm rocking back and forth with each mammoth step she took.

 

I look to my phone, which thankfully I still have and try to look at the directory of the company to find Dakota’s phone number. I don’t feel like telling Katie yet and even if I did its not like there’s anything she can do to help me out of my current predicament.

I put my phone on the lowest volume setting and try and navigate through the phone system our office system. The rustling stops and I have to assume that Ana is sitting back in her desk.

 

Then light pours in from the top of the pocket as I see her fingers coming down in a playful motion to her but they look like a giant tarantula to me. I quickly hang up the phone and hide it as it is my only way to contact someone sane. I am grabbed by the chest and lifted up and then placed on top of her desk.  She crosses her arms and looks down at my like a prize she got out of a cereal box.

 

“Ok so what is going on with is Dominica chick?” she looks down my seemingly ready to have an actual conversation with me.

 

“Dakota” I correct her, “its Dakota, and I can’t really tell you much because everything is still in the beginning stages but obviously by looking at me you can figure out what she is working on!”

 

“tst tst no need to be so feisty!” she says tapping me on the head with her finger

 

“Sorry” I respond, “I just need to get down there, she’s the only who figure out what is going on with me.”

 

“Oh is that so huh?” she says looking concerned “Well, I’m about to go home early today anyways so I can just take you down to the labs on my way out does that sound like a good idea?”

 

“Yes!” I say up to the smiling giantess, “thank you so much Ana! I’m not going to lie, this is a huge relief that you are going helping me out! And who knows, the machine can’t keep things shrunken for long so I might grow back soon.”

 

“Oh?” she says raising an eyebrow

 

I try and explain everything I can without revealing too much about the project. I can see her trying to process everything and her face seems just as friendly and unthreatening as always. This might just work out after all…

 

Just then her hand envelops me and puts me back in the pocket.

 

“I have to make sure no one else sees you” I hear a whispered voice from above. “I’m going to finish closing these accounts then I’m clocking out”

 

“Wait!” I yell “I haven’t even told you where the lab is, and what if I grow…”

 

All of a sudden, my pocket prison shakes violently with to big shakes that feel more like a car crash.

 

“I need you to stay quiet.” Ana say in authoritative tone

 

So, as anyone would in that situation when in a dark confinement and a god like voice tells you to do be quiet, I went silent.

 

Looking at my phone I see that I am well past the 10 minutes I thought it would take to grow back. To make matters worse my captor is on the move and the swaying back and forth is beginning. I send a quick text to Katie tell her I may be late tonight still not wanting to reveal what has happened. I can hear the sound of her heels clacking against something hard like tile or cement. This doesn’t feel right at all.

 

I hear a door close and the engine of a turn over. This is definitely not right!

 

“ANA!!” I yell, “What do you think you’re doing?!”

 

She either is ignoring me or can’t hear me over the sound of the radio blasting in her car.

 

I don’t where Ana lives but knowing I’m probably on the way there I begin to go through my phone to get Dakota’s number. Luckily she picks up,

 

“Hello?” I hear the voice on the other end of the line

 

“DAKOTA!” I yell, “I shrunk! The machine has shrunken me and it has been way more than 10 minutes!! I’m still shrunk!”

 

“Hello?!” is all I can hear on the other end, “I’m sorry but can you please turn your music down I can’t hear anything you are saying.”

 

My heart sinks. This is getting me nowhere. I hang up and try to find Dakota’s email. The din from outside the pocket stops and I can feel my world rising.

 

“Damnit!” I think to myself, “I’ll have to wait till later.”

 

I am pulled out of the pocket and placed on Ana’s coffee table and she sits down on her sofa. I try to take in my surrounds as quickly as I can, and I can see she lives in a pretty regular apartment. Looking out the windows I can’t really see anything that would help me figure out where she lives.

 

“Well my little toy boy,” my assessment is interrupted “I’ve always wanted to take you home with me and I just couldn’t pass up on this opportunity”

 

Her giggling is pissing me off. “ANA!” I yell, “What the hell do you think you are going to accomplish here?”

 

Her face now turns into a playful pout “you know I have a girlfriend right?” I continue, “and YOU have a boyfriend! When I get big again do you think you are going to get away with this?!”

 

The pout now turns into this serious expression that I’ve never seen on her face before.

 

“Eric” she says softly looming in closer almost on top of me until her face over me and I am surround in a kelp field of her black hair.

 

“Do you think you are in a position to be making threats to me?” she says in the calmest tone that is giving me chills.

“That’s so cute that you believed I had a boyfriend,” she says smiling “now, your girlfriend has gotten to enjoy you for 4 years I think I deserve a turn.”

 

“A turn?!” I yell up trying to back away so I’m not surrounded by her, which makes her smile even more. “Ana, this is crazy! You can’t do this? Please! I thought we were friends!”

 

“You are just too cute I want to gobble you up!” as she says that she comes in close for a bite but her pearly whites stop just short before touching me. I fall to the ground and the room fills with her boisterous laughter.

 

“I’m going to freshen up then we are going to play ok?” she says standing up

 

 She is looking more imposing standing at full height I can only imagine what it would look like if I was on the floor. The sound her boots make reverberate the apartment as she leaves my field of vision, only to return with a glass from the kitchen. She bends down to place the glass on top of me and I am totally powerless against it.  She laughs again and all I can do is just look down to the table I’m sitting on and wait for what she has planned.