- Text Size +
The drive to the Magic Dragon seemed to drag on forever. Maybe it was because I eagerly anticipated any chance to get answers about what had happened, but more than likely it was because of the thick silence between Valerie and I. Our words in the past hours (not to mention our questionable actions) were spinning in my head and I found myself analyzing everything she had said. The mental task of deciphering my best friend's words was able to temporarily take my mind off my entire situation otherwise. Just 24 hours ago, I had been sitting in a seat across from my friend Valerie talking about girl troubles and now... well, there was a whole new kind of trouble.

"Hey, I hope I didn't fuck things up" Valerie said, after moments of silence. I looked at her surprised.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well... I don't know..." Valerie said, staring blankly forward at the road as she tried to speak, "I know things have been... weird the past several hours and I can't even imagine what you're going through... i just hope I haven't.... ruined our friendship"

"Oh my god, not at all!" I said, my voice suddenly filled with concern and sincerity. Even hearing Valerie say those words brought a slight feeling of melancholy to me. I almost felt a tingling in my face as if I was about to cry but I withstood the wave of sadness. "Seriously, Val... you're my best friend... no matter what"

"I know" Valerie said, forcing a smile "My... best... friend..."

"You okay?" I asked, noticing Valerie's sudden hesistance.

"Yeah, fine" she said flatly, continuing to drive. I sighed and stared down again at the floormats. This was such a bizarre scenario. Here I was with my best friend in a situation that nobody could've seen coming and after all these years, it appeared we were developing feelings for each other. But we couldn't. It was unnatural... it wasn't right. It was absurd to think I could even live my life like this as it was. Everything was still completely foreign to me. Not to mention, I hadn't even had to use the bathroom since my magical transformation.

We pulled into the Magic Dragon, the source of all of our problems and walked inside. I looked at Valerie nervously and gave her a similar smile to when we had reached Alex's. This time, however she ignored me and started walking ahead of me, making her way hastily to the entrance.

"V-Val?" I said, speeding up to catch her, "You sure you're okay?"

"Yes... please... stop asking" she said, sounding irritated as she held the door for me. I followed her in and began to feel guilty. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings.

"Hello Valerie" the friendly owner chimed in, approaching the two of us before I had a chance to speak personally with Val. "I see you've brought a new friend this time..."

"N-No, that's the problem" she said, sounding a bit gruff, "this isn't a new friend, it's my old friend, Bobby!"

"Bobby...?" the owner said, looking pensively at my face and then back to Val. He cracked a wide smile, "Oh, you're playing a joke, aren't you?"

"No, c'mon... please" Valerie said, her voice again sounding flat and passive, "Just fix this... you guys changed Bobby into a girl somehow and I want you to fix it"

I remained silent as Valerie did all the talking.

"Hmmm..." the owner said, giving us a weird smile, "I can't say I know what you're talking about... but tell me, did you and Bobby enjoy your fortune cookies last night?"

"What?" Valerie said, in her deadpan voice. As he spoke (the restaurant owner) I began to feel the flashbacks from my fateful night. Before we had left, we were both handed fortune cookies, along with the check. I opted to leave mine behind on the plate.

"Yes... I see you've only opened one of the fortune cookies" the restaurant owner said, in a sly sort of whisper. I noticed Valerie engaging him in conversation when I was ready just to slap him. He had to have the answer to all of this and he was just standing there with a smug smirk.

"What do you mean?!" I finally blurted out. Valerie put her hand in front of my face briefly, as if to shush me. I angrily shot her a glare. She turned her attention back to the restaurant owner.

"Hey, you have nothing to worry about" the restaurant owner said. "All you need to do is open the second fortune cookie and it'll all become clear."

"Open the second? But what are you --?" I sneered, before being cut off again by Valerie. I now became angry and stomped on her foot, causing her to scream out.

"What's your problem!" Valerie growled, turning to me and then turning back to the restaurant owner, "Say he... er... she doesn't have the cookie, what do we do then?"

"Oh..." the restaurant owner frowned, "I suppose we could find you another..."

As if by some odd intuition, he reached under a podium and pulled out a tray with a single fortune cookie. He put the tray forward to Valerie and she reached her hand towards the cookie to take it but the restaurant owner was abrupt to stop her.

"...just beware. These fortunes can have very unexpected consequences"

"No kidding!" I said, angrily pouting and crossing my arms in disgust.

"Ugh... thanks" Valerie sighed, seeming content with his vague answer. Or maybe she just enjoyed pissing me off, I had no idea. I only watched as she grabbed the cookie and headed out, reluctantly leading me out the door with her. Every time I thought I would muster up the courage to go back in and demand something more, Valerie's walking seemed to lead me more and more outside. I eventually conceded and went back to the car with her, getting inside.

"What was your deal in there?" Valerie tsked.

"What?" I snapped, "you're not the one who got turned into a woman!"

Valerie shot me a sarcastic stare, lowering her eyebrows.

"You know what I mean..." I sighed. "You actually bought that shit about the fortune cookie?"

"Well, what else was I supposed to do?" Valerie said, "you were so moody about the whole damn thing"

"Moody? What the hell? Wouldn't you be?!" I blurted out, "I just helped you stare down your ex and even made her jealous and you can't understand why this makes me nervous?! And now I'm supposed to believe that my fate is in the hands of a fortune cookie!"

"Believe what you want, Bobby... and..." Valerie suddenly started breaking down. She slowed the car to a stop and pulled over. I had never seen her so emotional. In the past half hour, she had gone from nervous to delighted, to angry and now to sad. She buried her head in the steering wheel for several seconds.

"What...? What's the matter, Val?" I asked, putting my hand on hers.

"I don't know..." she said, gurgling her words into the steering wheel. She hastily shuffled her hand off mine, making me feel unexpectedly upset. "I... I should've been more understanding... you're such a nice guy... or girl, and I... I just don't give you enough credit and then you need me and I let you down..."

"No, no..." I said, gently rubbing her back until she slowed her crying. "You've been great Val. Nobody else would've even believed this and you've taken me in and helped me out so much and I'm sorry if I overreacted... honestly. You're the best."

As I saw a smile return to her face, I slowly felt the nerves in me return. This was bad. Very bad. As I watched the joy return to her face, and her embarassed reaction as she shifted her hair out of her eyes, I kept thinking of how cute she was. Something about her personality enticed me. She was someone who could be very passionate and yet also scared. Usually I had been hearing about her relationships from a bystander point of view so I never really knew how submissive she could be. If I had wanted to, I probably could've forced myself on her and who knows what would've happened, but I couldn't. At least not how I was... but even if I returned to normal, No, when I returned to normal.... could things ever be the same? Could we just go back to being friends, pretending I was never a woman and like we didn't fool around? Then again, if my change was only temporary, maybe there was no harm in letting Valerie have what she wanted. I didn't think I made a particularly attractive woman but Valerie seemed to disagree. I was feeling a rush earlier watching her get changed, so the attraction was still there for me too. What did we really have to lose? If I ever changed back, we could just say it was a one night stand or something. Valerie's smile grew brighter and she looked into my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked, her eyes still glowing from the recent tears.

"I'm thinking... about... you..." I confessed, my voice growing more and more intense. I leaned myself over the center console and felt every moment become more and more charged as I planted my lips on her, letting them glide onto her mouth. Her mouth conformed to mine and we embraced, slightly restrained by the center console. She then unexpectedly pushed me back from her. I felt a bit shocked and stared back at her, worried.

"Bobby, wait ..." she said, in a pensive serious tone. She then shifted her eyes to the left and smiled at me. "We've got the whole back seat..."

As if she were planning it, she yanked me by the hand and thrust our bodies into the back, sending me onto her floor. She sat up on top of me, her capable thighs ensuring I wouldn't move, while also keeping me comfortable. She sat herself up and reached her hands down around my neck, giving me a loving massage down my feminized body. She smiled at me, although the shadows and light made it difficult to see every detail.

She ran her hands lovingly down my body, brushing my breasts briefly with her finger tips, startling me into a frenzy. I held her hand tightly when I was able to and pulled her down on top of me in a hurry, smothering her face with my lips. She giggled and cooed as I sucked lightly on her tongue and mouth. I moved my hands freely along the side of her face, touching anywhere she had cried and trying my best to wipe the smooth surface.

She then sat up.

"This is really hot, but would you mind...?" Val asked. I looked at her questioningly, "I'm not usually the one on top. It's just a bit weird for me, would you mind switching?"

"Um... okay" I said, and sat myself up onto the seat while she got comfortable laying down. When she was ready, she reached her hand up towards me, giving me a signal to come closer. I grabbed her hand and slowly descended on her warm body, breathing heavily with each move.

But suddenly something sizzled inside me... something else. It was a feeling of doubt. I frowned and sat up.

"What?" Valerie asked.

"I... I don't think we should do this..." I said, letting out a long sigh.

"Are you serious?" Valerie asked, in the softest whisper I'd heard to this point.

"I... I mean, it's fun and you're... sexy... but..." I sighed, trying to hold back tears, "we can't play around like this... we're either friends or we're... more than friends but I'm not going to be your friend with benefits or any of that shit..."

"You kidding me?" she snapped, "you're the one who initiated this! You can't throw yourself on me and take it back"

"Well... maybe I am!" I said defensively, folding my arms.

"Ha, I guess you DO make a good woman, Bobby" Valerie laughed.

"Tsk, what?! You take that back" I said.

"Mmm-hmmm" Valerie sighed, leaning back. "With-holding the goods, huh?"

"Is that all I am to you, Val?" I sighed, "some kind of sex object?"

"Oh my god, Bobby... I didn't mean it like that" Valerie frowned.

"Yeah you did" I sighed and got out of the car. I went back outside and then entered through the passenger side in the front, my eyes in a dead set scowl. Valerie came around the other side and sat in the drivers side, looking at me hurt.

"I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Bobby" Valerie said.

"It's fine" I sighed, feeling indignant as I pulled on the straps of my tank top, trying to remain presentable after roughing around with her. "I shouldn't have done that... my emotions lost control..."

"It was fun though" Valerie shrugged.

"Yeah... fun for you" I sighed, "because you want me to be a woman, I guess"

"No, don't say that" Valerie said, looking guilty, "I... I had fun, that's all..."

Valerie then took the fortune cookie from the owner out of her pocket.

"Here, let's just do this, and hopefully this goes away" Valerie said.

"What?" I asked.

"Just open the cookie and turn back to normal and we can just forget everything, okay?" Valerie said, "that's what you want, right?"

I closed her hand on the cookie without opening it.

"Let's at least go back to your place..." I said, "I'm not saying no to the cookie, but let's just be somewhere alone, because... who knows whats going to happen?"

"What's going to happen is your penis will grow back!" Valerie laughed, starting the car and driving us back.

"Maybe... maybe not..." I sighed.

I stared blankly out the window and felt as though our problems wouldn't be solved by a mere Chinese dessert.