- Text Size +
The car ride to Alex's was about as awkward as one would imagine. After all, it's not too often one changes genders and pretends to pose as their best friend's girlfriend. I let out a deep sigh as I watched my friend Valerie drive us down the street to her ex's apartment. I didn't know exactly why, but I was suddenly nervous about the situation myself. It was her ex girlfriend and I told myself I'd stay strong for her sake, but I couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable. As if sensing my tension, Valerie finally spoke, her hands clutched tightly along the steering wheel.

"Hey... uh, Bobby..." she said, hesitantly, "I really appreciate you doing this...I hope it's not too uncomfortable for you..."

"Huh? No... it's fine" I sighed,unable to even make eye contact with my friend Valerie. Instead I stared nervously down at the floor mats, dressed in a black tank top from Valerie's closet. The tight outfit was comfortable enough and did a good job to accentuate my cleavage. For sure, it was a tactic to make Alex jealous. "I mean, I'm stuck this way anyway, so we may as well make the most of it"

"Oh please, stop" Valerie chuckled, somewhat nervously, "we don't know that... besides, I still appreciate this, Bobby. On the inside you're still my best friend"

"Hmm, I know" I said with a smile, feeling strangely heartwarmed by her words. Maybe I just hadn't noticed despite being friends with her for years, but Valerie had a genuine calmness to her which helped me out a lot with the changes I had gone through. She always seemed a bit on the nervous side when I knew her, but she was doing a good job taking charge of this situation and now it was my turn to keep her calm while we saw her ex.

"And I promise," Valerie added, "we'll stop at the Chinese restaurant as soon as we're done... God knows I don't want this to take any longer than nessecary"

"I know, it'll be okay" I said reassuringly, briefly placing my hand on hers. As I felt the warmth of her hand on mine, I looked over at her to see her flash a smile, her face briefly turning red. I found myself pulling my hand away slowly, causing her smile to fade in a hurry. I didn't mean to offend her, but I also didn't want to give her the wrong idea. However all this happened was beyond me -- part of me is still convinced this was all a crazy dream. But whatever the situation, I kept telling myself that Valerie was my friend and nothing more. I didn't want to complicate things any further.

"Ok... well, we're here" Valerie said, slowing her car to a stop in front of an old looking apartment. I had never seen Alex's place and had only met the girl once. She was a dirty blonde with a bit of an attitude from what I could tell, and while they seemed happy at times, Valerie seemed to always have problems with her flakiness.

I watched sympathetically as Valerie removed the keys slowly from her ignition, afraid to open her door and step outside. I could relate to the feeling and I wanted to make her feel better. I placed my hand on hers once again.

"Hey" I said, forcing her to make eye contact with me, "We're going to get through this, okay?"

"Oh geez," Valerie said, her smile seemingly uncontrollable as she reached her entire body over the seat to hug me tight, "You're such a great friend, Bobby, yknow that?"

"Huh? Well thanks, but why?" I asked.

"You have so much shit going on right now..." Valerie said, with a smile that also produced a small tear from her eye, "...and you're helping me get through this... when you should be concerned with yourself..."

"Hey hey, c'mon..." I smiled, wiping the single tear from her eye, briefly pausing to savor the smoothness of her face. I gently rubbed her cheek and maintained eye contact, "...this'll be over soon, just keep that positive attitude of yours going"

After a few moments had passed, we stepped out of the car together and I took her hand, directing us up the stairs. Valerie was all too quick to drop back and let me lead the way up. I felt a bit uncomfortable as I led her up the stairs, but I approached the door with confidence and lightly tapped on it. Once I realized how futile that was, I proceeded to knock harder, finally gaining the attention of the girl on the other end.

"Oh... hi" the dull voice resonated from beyond the door. Alex stepped out from behind the door with a sort of scowl on her face. I looked at her pensively, my attention drawn almost immediately to the tacky nose ring she was wearing. I tried not to stare as we shared several seconds of awkward eye contact. I coudln't help but notice her eye briefly drifting to my chest before glancing back up to my face. Valerie remained silent during the exchange.

"Hey, sorry it had to be like this" I started, mustering up the confidence to make the rouse convincing. "Please just give Val her things back so we can all move on"

"Uh sure, whatever" Alex said, turning away for a moment and dissapearing into the apartment. Valerie and I shared dumbfounded glances at one another while we waited. This almost seemed too easy. While Alex attempted to remain emotionally flat, we could both tell she was slightly bothered to see her ex-girlfriend with another woman.

"Thanks so much" Valerie whispered, briefly laying her head on my shoulder. I looked down at her face and she looked up into my eyes and smiled, letting out a small coo. As soon as Alex came back, we were quick to seperate ourselves out of nerves, although we kept our hands interlocked.

"I think this is everything" Alex said, handing Valerie a small, slightly tattered cardboard box with some clothes hanging out, among other things. I looked over at Valerie as she quietly examined the contents and then looked back into Alex's cold, unfeeling eyes. I could tell she was checking me out which made me feel somewhat uncomfortable. In fact, I had never felt this way before. Even in my former state, if I was being hit on by a woman I wasn't interested in, I didn't mind the attention but the way Alex stared me down with hungry eyes was making me want to leave even faster.

"So uh, I guess I'll see you around..." Alex said, ignoring me completely to speak to Valerie to my left. Valerie looked at me and then looked at her ex. Then she did one of the cutest things I'd ever seen her do. Well, it was cute in my opinion.

She scoffed and said "As if" before walking away with the box in hand. I tried not to laugh but I cracked a smile that soon led to a few girlish chuckles. As Valerie and I made our way down the creaky steps back to the parking lot, we heard the door slam with a resonating thud. We both looked each other in the eye barely able to contain our laughter.

We threw ourselves back into the car, more than satisfied with the outcome of our little "heist" and Valerie threw her arms around me once again. I felt a bit uncomfortable but I was also happy for her so I patted her on the back as she held me close, squeezing my body into hers.

"Thank you so much" Valerie said, "you have no idea how much that meant to me"

"Glad I could help" I muttered, in a tone only slightly louder than a whisper.

"Y-You are the best..." Valerie said, her words sounding halted and afraid. She then pulled herself slowly away from me and laid her head against my bosom, rolling her soft hair on my breasts. I felt myself turn flush red as my heart beat increased. I almost felt like her mom with how I was holding her, as she smothered her face in my cleavage.

"Uh... what are you doing?" I said nervously after several moments. She quickly lifted her head, looking embarassed herself.

"S-Sorry" she chuckled, "I ... I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable"

"Eh... no more uncomfortable than the bra I'm wearing" I chuckled.

"I keep telling you," Valerie added, "those built in bras are a joke"

"I guess you're right..." I said, yanking at the straps of the tank top as my breasts awkwardly jiggled inside. Valerie took in an eyeful and I was all too aware of it.

"Look, I'm sorry" Valerie said, feeling embarassed, "But I really do appreciate your help..."

"Hey, it was nothing" I said.

"No, it was everything" Valerie said, her hand once again drifting on top of mine. We had stayed in the stationary car so long, talking and interacting that the windows had begun to fog. "Bobby, I'm usually the submissive one in my relationships, and Alex always pushed me around, just like my other exes..."

"I know, and you shouldn't be" I said, reassuringly as I tried to pull my hand out from under hers. She showed some resistance and I reluctantly let her remain on my hand. "You should be more confident, like you are with me"

"I don't know... I feel comfortable with you" Valerie admitted, "I always have... and..."

"And?" I said.

"You're going to think this is so dumb" Valerie chuckled, her face turning red again. I subtly tried pulling my hand out again while she was talking but she'd have none of that. Her knuckles seemed to tighten everytime I moved my hand, so I eventually resigned myself to our current position. I waited in silence for her to finish her sentence, "...but Bobby, you were the only guy friend I ever had that I..."

"What?" I asked, slightly curious. I didn't even mind that her hand was on mine at that moment.

"Ugh, nothing" she laughed, shaking her head so that her black hair swayed in front of her face vigorously.

"Hmph, it's okay" I said, finally sliding my hand away from her, she pulled her hand back as well. "I already think I know"

"Yeah..." Valerie said, letting out a long breath.

We remained in silence yet again, the windows remaining foggy.

"Y'know we should probably head to the Magic Dragon now before they close" I commented, "also, your windows are mad foggy... Alex is probably watching, thinking we're having sex in here"

Valerie again laughed, nearly out of breath. When she was done laughing, her put her hand on mine again and looked me square in the eye.

"Well... you are pretty hot" she said, raising an eye brow and giving me that same naughty smile she had given me just before we kissed back at her place. I felt a rush come over me, but I didn't know how to handle it. I squeezed her hand tightly and then pulled my hand away, sending her mixed messages.

"Val... please..." I said, turning away from her. "I... I don't mind helping you out... but... I'm - not your girlfriend... okay... I'm not even a girl... at least not usually"

"I... I know" Valerie said, regaining her composure as she started her car, "Y-Yeah, of course I know that... don't be silly, Bobby! We're just friends"

She started the car and pulled away from her ex's. We were finally making our way to the Magic Dragon for answers but I feared that we were only forming more questions in our minds as we drove there.