- Text Size +
I stare blankly at the dark velvet prison around me, feeling nearly nothing. My head blares with pain as I refuse to look anywhere but straight ahead. In my own delusional state, I hope that I can trick myself into believing that I was anywhere but where I was... inside a small purse, being held captive like a toy. Inside my friend Valerie's purse after being shrunk to the size of a doll... as a naked woman. I took slow deep breaths, trying to sort this out with my mind.

I reluctantly lifted my head from my arms long enough to get a good look at my surroundings. Browsing to the left I see the dormant cell phone which stretches the length of my body as it leans harmlessly against the walls. I also see some of the tissues that Valerie mentioned poking out of a side pocket. I lazily stumble towards the pocket before feeling something around me. It felt as if the floor was being dropped out from under me but of course it was the giant Valerie getting up and moving her purse with her as she walked me outside to the car. She made no efforts to talk to me (even if she had, they'd be muffled through the fabric and I'd have no way to answer back) as she walked into the car and set the purse down on a seat.

I sighed again, finally choking back my tears long enough to get up and attempt opening the zipper again. I felt as if in a haze as I walked and my feet felt heavier and heavier with each step as I weakened. I made it to the pocket of tissues and sighed, out of breath. How could I be so exhausted so easily? I barely walked the equivalent of 10 feet across the purse and wanted to lay down already. Instead I force myself to pull on the gargantuan zipper, sliding it to the left with all my might to reveal more tissues. I tugged at the soft tissue and some of it tore in my hands. I realized I needed to use less force so I gently pulled out some more until I had exposed a whole sheet.

But what was I supposed to do with this? I thought to myself as I struggled with the piece of tissue. The material was too soft and flimsy to act as any effective clothing and also too unruly to handle at my size. It was like trying to fold a giant bed sheet. It didn't help that I heard noises outside like a haunted carnival through the purse fabric. I could hear Valerie's radio working at full blast, blaring a song by Pink.

I finally resigned myself to laying down, finding a position that would be easiest to wrestle with the giant tissue and get it around myself. I lay the large sheet out like a blanket and lay across it. I tug on the corners and wrap them around my torso and waist like a toga. I grunt as I get out another few sheets of tissue from the pocket, making a small mess in the process as several dozen small tissue fragments get left on the ground of the purse.


After getting used to the new fabric, I actually found myself becoming very proficient with it. I had to wrap an extra few layers of the soft tissue around my chest to act as a bra and again I found myself using extra padding around my waist and thighs. I still wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing the terrible makeshift dress,but at least I had SOME dignity, although not much.

I slowly get up, cautious as I see the floor moving again. I start to take a few steps before I tumble on my ass again and tear my tissue dress into small tatters around my body. I feel my resolve breaking and I begin to cry again, only exascerbating the problem as the bits of tissue dissolve around my arms with each tear. I was already somewhat drenched with sweat and had this ridiculous tissue clinging to my body. I tried my hardest to contain my pathetic squeaks as I sobbed but they came rattling from my body like the pathetic creature I had become.

Valerie was no doubt oblivious to this as she strolled through the mall as if nothing had happened. I began to feel resentment towards her. Even if she DID think this was for my own good, she should've given me the choice of where to stay. While misery overcame me currently, I was pretty sure I wouldn't try to hurt myself. I didn't need to be contained in here and I began to wonder if Val did it only to feel powerful.

I took another deep breath and realized that probably wasn't true. I needed to relax and take a moment to get some rest as Valerie had mentioned. I lay down, still half naked and try to make myself comfortable on the lumpy floor as the ground kept shaking, even more than before. It finally felt like I was being set down.

Suddenly, I notice the sky parting above me and the massive zipper reveals a bright light from above. Valerie looked upon me with pity for a moment.

"Hey" she whispered, "you okay?"

I wanted to talk to her, I wanted to have something to say but all I could do was glare at her and quickly nod "no". I wanted her to know how miserable she had made me so I kept that scowl on my face, even to the point of exagerattion. There was no way I'd be "okay" with any of this.

"Ok..." Valerie sighed, "well... I'll be done soon, okay?"

I remained responseless until she hastily rezipped the purse. I sighed and laid down again. I'm not sure if it was the best idea to tick off my now giant friend but what was the point? With any luck maybe she would freak out and hurt me... oh geez, maybe I was more suicidal than I realized...

I finally fall to my knees and try to sleep, determined to forget about all of this. The world slowly fades to black around me.