- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Someone let me know if doing this is against the rules or something: doing two versions of a chapter.

---------------------------------

“There seems to be some artificial lights here,” Tommy noted, “Not that I can see the colony from this distance...”

 

Kim casually took a baby wipe out of her purse and rubbed her face clean of dried up tears, “Ugh, what did you say again, Tommy?”

 

“You know, now may not have been the best time for that, honey.”

 

“Nonsense,” She responded, “I wouldn't want to make a bad first impression on the little humans, now would I?”

 

He rolled his eyes, “You were just freaking out a second ago!”

 

“Well it's not like I could force them not be scared of me, I might as well calm down since I can't really change anything.”

 

“The lights,” Tommy reiterated, “I was mentioning that there's some lights here!”

 

“Oh, don't worry about that, I can see in the dark remember?”

 

“Yeah, we all know how amazing and talented you are,” Tommy mumbled sarcastically.

 

A light, feminine giggle was his response, “Well it's nice to be getting some recognition around here!”

 

“Anyone got any bright ideas?,” Phil hollered, trying to break up the lover's chit-chat, “I still don’t think bringing this woman here was a good idea!”

 

The landscape responded, “Oh hush you!”

 

All the adult humans, and the breathing environment they were atop, were arguing for ideas on what to do about their situation. If it wasn’t for the dire status they were in, the humans may have found it funny—who would have thought they’d be arguing with a Lyrian while riding it?

 

“They could attack us if we got too close, there's always that danger!,” Phil argued.

 

“Just who do you think your mounted on?,” Kim replied sheepishly, “There isn't anything they have that can scratch an itch, let alone hurt me!”

 

“Obviously, it's not you were worried about!,” Don answered, “Once we get safely inside the colony, there may be people who will attack us simply for making an ally of a Lyrian—you never know!”

 

“Not only that,” Tina interjected, “But we don't even know if they'll be willing to help us! There's a good chance they just turn us down if they have too many refugees already!”

 

Separate from the adults, on another portion of Kim's head, Ron casually approached Sally, “Hiya!”

 

“Wow you look sho shtrong,” She replied, looking at the sturdy boy.

 

“Thanks! My Mommy and my Daddy used to make me carry heavy things back at the colony.”

 

“I bet you culd beat shomone up!”

 

“Yeah maybe,” Ron replied in a low tone, “Not that it did me any good against that Lyrian that attacked us; compared to her I'm nothing.”

 

Shelly came closer to Ron and patted his back a little, “Well howsh we shopposed to fight them? They ish like tooooooooo big!”

 

He lowered his gaze, “Its just not fair.”

 

“I guesh sho.”

 

Despite the fact that she had been arguing with the adults over a course of action, Kim still managed to pay attention to Ron and Shelly's conversation. She wanted to make Ron feel better about himself, and tell him he was strong, but she wasn't about to lie to him.

 

Over the course of the past several months she'd become more fond of humans then she'd ever imagined...Especially now that she'd met other humans besides Tommy, and saw how unique they all were. But she knew how weak and helpless they were first hand.

 

Heck, if she had her way she'd have every human in the entire world tucked safely inside her house, drinking her breast milk and calling her mommy.

 

They'd ALL be safe with me,” She told herself.

 

“Hey Kim...,” Ron mumbled, snapping her out of her thoughts.

 

“Uh, what is it Ronny?”

 

“What if we just walked over there?” He suggested.

 

“You mean...”

 

“Just humans. That way we could tell them you're not here to hurt anyone.”

 

Tommy turned towards the boy in the distance, “That's kind of crazy!”

 

“I'm not fond of the idea either,” Kim opined sharply, “Sorry, dear.”

 

“Aw its all right,” The boy responded, “It was a bad idea anyway.”

 

“It's crazy Kim, I'm not gonna lie, but nobody has anything better.”

 

“It's not that his idea is all bad,” Kim began, “It's just that it puts all you littles at risk, and I'd certainly hate for my Tomm---I mean er, you to have to put yourself in harm's way!”

 

“Ugh, come on Kim, I'm an grown man!”

 

“Yeah but I care about you too much to let you go!”

 

“I can help them, come on, just let me! I'll be right back, I promise!”

 

The giantess plucked her beau from the top of her head and cut the hair bond off him with a fingernail, “Your not going and that's final, mister!”

 

Phil, Tina, and Don halted their conversation.

 

“Where's Tommy,” Tina asked.

 

“I'm over he--”

 

“He's with me!,” Kim's voice interrupted from below, “And whatever plan you guys end up choosing: leave him out of it!”

 

“You can keep your man-pet then!,” Phil yelled, “We'll go!”

 

“Hey, I'm not anyone's pet!”

 

“The children stay with me as well,” Kim added.

 

Tina made her way over to her daughter and sat down nearby, “Well if that's that, then I'm staying with Shelly.”

 

Don blurted sarcastically,“I guess it's just the men going, you and me, Phil.”

 

“Wait, what about me?” Tommy protested.

 

“You aren't going and that's FINAL!”

 

“You heard your owner,” Phil spat, “Just stay here and let the men take care of this.”

 

Kim glanced down at her lover, it was obvious what these men were doing...

 

“Hey, nobody makes snarky remarks at my Tommy,” She scolded, “I can just as easily not let anyone go and walk up to the colony myself!”

 

Dang it Kim!,” Tommy thought, “Just cut off my balls why don't you!”

 

Don thought about how much more chaos Kim would bring to the colony if she approached any further—it was bad enough she was so nearby to begin with!

 

“Fine, I'm sorry okay. Phil?”

 

“Yeah, yeah!”

 

“Goody~,” She chirped.

 

“Hey babe, can't I just go, I can take care off myself, please?”

 

“Noooope,” She huffed playfully.

 

“Oh come on, you are being completely unre---”

 

The giantess cut him off by closing her fist, trapping him inside, “Lalalala, I'm not listening.”

 

Tina giggled as she watched Kim manhandle Tommy with no effort. What she wouldn't do to have control over men like that! Especially the asshole that left her pregnant with Shelly and booked it...

 

Don rubbed the stump where his arm used to be, “Cmon Kim, let us down already! We'll explain the situation then come back for the rest of you! You said you had another injured in need of medical attention, didn't you?”

 

“Yeah, my Mommy is hurt!” Ron chimed in.

 

Anna!” She reminded herself.

 

With all the new unexpected developments Kim almost forgot the reason they were looking for the colony in the first place!

 

She quickly snatched Don and Phil off her head, tearing the hair threads they were attached to and crouched on one knee to set them down.

 

“Kim, your perfect hair!,” Tina croaked, “Don't you think you should ask people to untie themselves first?”

 

“Don't worry about it dear, it was just some strands,” She said as she lowered the duo to the ground, “Besides it grows back in a jiffy!”

 

“So are you two really sure about this,” Kim asked, still holding the duo, “We can come up with a better plan with a bit more time!”

 

“Just release me already, dammit,” Don croaked, “I'm injured, not a child!”

 

“I'm with him,” Phil agreed.

 

“Suit yourselves,” The Lyrian said, flattening her palm on the ground, “If I sense anything funny at the colony, I'm coming in after you.”

 

“Save your worry for that pet of yours!,” Phil spat, “We can handle anything as long as it ain't no damned Lyrians!”

 

Kim looked down at the specks of men at her feet. It took a lot of effort and self control on her part to allow such fragile beings to fend for themselves. But at the end of the day despite how she may feel about humanity, she had to allow them to make their own decisions.

 

It was bad enough she had to humiliate Tommy in front of other people like she did. But in her mind when Tommy agreed to be her boyfriend, he belonged to her in a way. So she would override his choices to keep him safe if she had to!

 

Hopefully he'd understand that it was her love of him that made her do these kinds of things. The other humans, however had no such commitment to her, so as much as it pained her, she'd let them go.

 

That didn't mean she wouldn't try to persuade them though...In a last ditch effort to change their minds she asked, “Don, your wound's not going to trouble you, is it? Phil are you okay emotionally?”

 

“I'm fine,” Phil answered, “Thinking about my family now, isn't gonna do any good. The only thing I can do now is try to survive and preserve their memory.”

 

“I've spilled my share of tears...,” He declared, “I have to move on.”

 

“If only I'd gotten there sooner they may ha---”

 

“I don't need your pity, Lyrian! Still, I do thank you for your help. I think I was wrong about you. You may be half-decent!”

 

“Was that a complement?,” Kim giggled.

 

Phil turned his back on her, “Take it how you will.”

 

Her gaze shifted to the other human at her feet, “How about you Don?”

 

“I'm fine,” Don blurted.

 

The tiny man craned his head up to look at the Lyrian woman, properly. To say she was massive was an understatement. To him Kimberly was a moving mountain of womanly curves. A monolith that wouldn't even have to bat an eyelash to end his life.

 

Despite himself, the thoughts forming in his mind as his eyes traveled were beginning to turn him on. Abruptly, his gaze stopped at the Lyrian's monumental red panties.

 

Whooooa,” He thought in astonishment, “Those are so marvelous that I-I, can't e-even think straight...!”

 

From above, Kim saw his dumbfounded stare with perfect clarity and traced his eyes to their destination: between her open thighs. A huge smile formed on her face. Bingo! She now had a plan of attack...

 

He roughly clasped his stump, trying to rid himself of dirty thoughts, “Ugrh, I'm a man! I have a job to do dammit!”

 

“I'll let you ride in them,” Kim taunted, her eyes locked on the little voyeur, “You'd like that, wouldn't you?”

 

Don's heart froze in his chest. Suddenly she wasn't a beautiful, gorgeous, landscape of a woman but an angry deity that was staring him down with the glowing-green eyes of a demon!

 

The giantess giggled, “Oh relax, sweetie, I'm not going to mush you just for looking! It's only natural for men to have a bit of a...wandering eye.”

 

“Ugh, um,” Don blubbered.

 

“I'm sure we can work something out, if you're still interested...but you're gonna have to forget about going to the colony with the current plan.”

 

She's dead serious, holy shit I hit the jackpot!”

 

“For your information, they are made of the finest silk, super luxurious,” Kim purred, making sure to draw out every word.

 

“Hey are you sober!,” Tommy shouted. She heard his mumbled speech through her fist and noticed his jealousy.

 

“Oh don't be like that Tommy, there's a mountain of me to go around, learn to share,” She chuckled, “If you wanna ride in them too, well all you had to do was ask.”

 

I was wondering what happened to horny Kim,” Tommy joked to himself, “I'm surprised she's held off as long as she has. But other men, really!?”

 

“Jeez lady,” Phil snorted with blushed cheeks, “T-This is a grave situation!”

 

“I'm soo sorry, you're right. I should have asked you too. I shouldn't have left you out like that!”

 

“I-It's not that!,” He yelled awkwardly, “Jeez, there are kids aboard you, you know!”

 

Kim whispered something to Tina, who was 800 feet away from the men, atop her head.

 

“Oh, I don't mind,” Tina giggled, “Shelly and Ron haven't a clue what your talking about, Phil is overreacting!”

 

“Tina says she doesn't mind,” Kim replied with a smile.

 

“Come on,” Kim reasoned, “You can risk your lives to talk with the colony, or you can stay with me and we'll think of a better plan. And to top it off, we could have our conversation with you tucked safe in my panties if you'd like, don't worry I'll still be able to hear you both!~.”

 

“C-Come on Don, l-let's go.,” Phil said tapping the man's shoulder.

 

“I-I, I m-mean yeah!”

 

“D-Don't you have any shame woman!,” Phil yelled with his back turned.

 

Damn it!,” Kim thought to herself as she watched the humans walk away, “I was sure I'd be able to seduce them to stay and think things over!”

 

Please be okay guys, I don't want to have any more deaths on my conscience!”

 

“I guess all that's left is to hope that they can convince the leaders to help us,” Tina said aloud.

 

“Yeah,” Kim replied with defeat in her voice, “I'm gonna take a seat, hold on everyone.”

 

The hundred thousand ton woman slowly sat down against the side wall of the tunnel.

 

“I wonder if they're going to be alright,” She uttered.

 

Tina gently rubbed the scalp beneath her, “They're not going up against Lyrians, don't worry they should be fine.”

 

She never thought she'd meet a Lyrian who actually cared about humans, but Tina couldn't deny how genuine Kim seemed.

 

Why would someone so powerful need to lie to some humans to catch them in a trap?,” She reasoned with herself.

 

Kim opened the hand with Tommy in it. It was obvious by his posture that he wasn't in a good mood—far from it. She really felt terrible about having humiliated him like that, but having him in the palm of her hand at the moment, safe and sound, made it all worthwhile.

 

She brought her other hand near him and gently rubbed his back with the pad of her index finger, “I'm sorry I had to do that sweetie, do you forgive me?”

 

Tommy crossed his arms, “Hmph.”

 

She lifted the hand holding the little human slightly above her head so that he would be looking down on her. Kim hoped she could make herself seem weaker, by putting him above her.

 

“Aww, come on Tommy, don't be mad at me, pretty pleeeeasse?”

 

“I'll get over it,” Tommy blurted, sitting on her palm with his back turned, “Eventually. But it didn't help that you were flirting with those two!”

 

Tina carefully studied the lovers quarrel, taking special care to observe how Kim was manipulating the situation to her favor. She couldn't help but giggle at how ridiculous this picture was, “Really a Lyrian woman is desperately begging for forgiveness from a man smaller than her pinky nail!”

 

Kim blinked a couple of times trying to teary up her eyes a little, “Look at me, please.”

 

The human man didn't budge.

 

“Tommy, please,” She pleaded, “I'm sorry! I shouldn't have flirted with them before we agreed on whether we wanted other partners in the relationship or not.”

 

“Yeah, your damn right, you shouldn't have!”

 

“You know how I am,” She reasoned, “I'm a promiscuous person by nature.

 

“That I do know.”

 

“See! And just because I screw around with someone else doesn't mean I love them like I love you!”

 

“Yeah, well I still think we should talk about this later,” Tommy responded.

 

“Okay, whatever you want honey.”

 

“If you're really sorry, put me down and let me go with them, then.”

 

“Sorry, Tommy but that's one's not up for discussion,” She asserted, “I messed up big time when I acted like a dog in heat with Phil and Don, I'll give you that. In my defense I didn't it do just because, I had a plan, as odd as that sounds, but I admit I went too far...”

 

She continued, “But keeping you here safe with me, was not a mistake.”

 

“So I get nothing then,” Ron uttered in frustration, “Well this sucks.”

 

“I'll just leave you alone then,” Kim said, disappointed.

 

Boy, this woman has the patience of an angel; if that little man gave me sass and I was big, there'd be hell to pay!,” Tina thought to herself from her perch.

 

“Mommy, why ish you shmiling like that? It's scawing me,” Shelly cried.

 

Tina quickly wiped the smirk off her face, “I'm sorry dear, I was just thinking about something.”

 

She rubbed her daughters head gently, and turned her attention back to the lovers.

 

“Would you like to rest in my bra?,” Kim asked Tommy, as she lowered him to chest level.

 

“Can I choose somewhere not on your body?”

 

“Sorry Tommy but no,” She replied sternly, “There could be roaches or some other unsafe critters around.”

 

“Okay then, I just wanna take a nap.”

 

Kim gently rubbed her little boyfriend. Despite herself, she found him almost too cute to resist when he was angry like this. Especially how feisty he was being!

 

Most of the time Tommy was fairly mellow and compliant, a far cry from how he was acting now. If she weren't trying to quell his anger, she would have already smothered him in kisses!

 

“You know,” She purred as she gently petted her prize, “Your a lil' cutie pie when your mad.”

 

Tommy tried to brush aside the mammoth finger to no avail, “That's not helping! Just put me in already!”

 

“Jeez, grumpy,” She giggled, lifting her shirt and unhooking her bra.

 

Kim deposited her mini boyfriend on the nipple without Anna and put her bra back on. Then, she pulled her navel length shirt back down and leaned her head against the wall of the tunnel. Finally, she huddled her knees in close to her body for warmth.

 

“How long do you think this will take?”

 

“Q-Quite a while, Kim,” Tina answered with a bit of a stutter, “You have to remember t-that the colony is still rather a distance away for humans, at least fifteen m-minutes to get there and another f-fifteen to get back.”

 

“Not to mention how long they're gonna take to deliberate on this,” Kim murmured a bored voice, “Ugh, I should have brought a puzzle or something.”

 

“Tina, is Ron asleep? His breathing pattern is too regular.”

 

The tiny woman stared blankly, trying to gauge just how sensitive her hearing must have been to notice that. Even being right next to the kid, she wasn't have been able to gauge that from sound alone.

 

“Um, uh, yeah he's asleep right now,” She said awkwardly.

 

This was the first time she was practically alone with a Lyrian. To say she wasn't nervous would be a flat out lie. And there was something about Kim in particular that made Tina even more nervous than she would have expected. An aura about her...

 

“So um, when d-did you meet Ron and T-Tommy?,” Tina asked anxiously, trying to break the ice.

 

“Don't be so nervous. Let's just have a friendly chat while waiting for the guys to return, okay?”

 

“I-I, well, um, alright. I'll try not to be so nervous.”

 

“Great!,” Kim chirped, “Would you rather be on my knee as we talked?”

 

“Can Shelly come?”

 

“Sure, sweetie, whatever you want.”

 

Tina knew that Kim was most likely lacing her voice in sugar to try and calm her. It was actually working, much to her surprise...

 

“Mommy can I shtay with Ron?,” Shelly protested.

 

Tina looked over the strand Shelly was tied with and tugged it a couple times, “I already secured you, so why not?”

 

“I ish going to shleep too, ish that okay mom?

 

“Of course Shelly!”

 

The little girl tucked into a ball near Ron and covered herself in silver hair strands, “Nighty night.”

 

“Aww, they look like siblings,” Tina squealed.

 

Kim fluttered, she could hear the two little humans' soft heartbeats, “What little angels! Anyway Tina, are you ready, now?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Lightly, Tina was pinched between a tower-like index finger and thumb and deposited on the massive woman's creamy knee flesh. With the huddled-in position Kim was sitting in, the kneecap Tina rested on was little below eye level: a comfortable chatting position for both women.

 

For the tiny one, her hostess's giant face took up the entire field of view. It was intimidating to say the least, but this way she had facial expressions to look at while they talked as opposed to guessing the expressions when being atop Kim's head.

 

“I'm j-jealous of your f-flawless skin,” Tina stuttered, “Even from this close, I-I don't see any blemishes.”

 

Kim smiled, “Oh you flatter me!~”

 

“So a-anyway when did you meet Tommy a-and Ron,” The tiny woman asked, trying to keep her breathing relaxed as she stared at a mouth large enough to swallow a legion of human adults.

 

The giantess tried not to open her mouth wide as she talked. Only opening as far necessary to pronounce each syllable, “Tommy I met the first day I moved here from London, it's been around four months already.”

 

“You s-seem fond of him.”

 

“I love the human with all my heart,” Kim replied sincerely, “It was probably simple loneliness that drove me when I first met him...I became overly attached to him because he was tiny and I had nobody. But now that I've been with him for this long, I know that I really do love him.”

 

“He's really sweet and does care for others,” She continued, “You saw how fast he was about patching Don's arm up. He's coordinated me to save Ron's mother Anna, she's still alive because of his efforts. He's convinced me of my kindness and worth plenty of times before. He puts up with a LOT of my bs, you saw how he kind of forgave me for flirting with those men?”

 

“That's true,” Tina chimed.

 

“I'm sure you may be thinking that it's just because he's scared of me hurting him or something. But you've seen how easily I can detect if someone is afraid or not, I'd know if that were the case! Also, I've always told him I'd let him go if he didn't love me and I meant that...”

 

“And then there's the fact that he stayed by my side when he discovered my, well how do I put this...”

 

“He sounds like quite the catch,” Tina interrupted.

 

Kim smiled, “I sure think so!”

 

“OH sorry, what were you gonna say before?”

 

“Never mind, lets just leave it at that.”

 

“Ah! You mean, your powers?” The human blurted, “Like the glow-in-the dark eyes and the super hearing?”

 

“Well that is part of it, but those abilities come at a price...”

 

“Mainly that this body needs to drink blood to survive. And not just any blood. It has to be Lyrian blood...Or human.”

 

“What!?” Tina gasped.

 

“It's true, if I don't drink blood I'll succumb to my base instincts and go on a killing spree. It's already happened to me before,” She answered with a sad tone.

 

Tina tried calming herself down to speak, “It a-all makes sense now, though. All these s-strange powers you seem to have: super hearing, superior motor control and reflexes! The blood! You fit the description of the legend of a V-Vampire!”

 

“Tommy mentioned that too...”

 

“Tell me, how do you f-fare in sunlight?,” Tina asked, reminding herself to be as serene as possible.

 

“Well I actually had to apply several layers of advanced sunblock to come out to this park today. I would have worn a hat too but I wanted Tommy and Ron to ride atop my head so they'd have a nice view on the trip. But I'm still not too fond of sunlight either way; I'm actually loving this dark sewer tunnel right now!”

 

“Hmm, while you walked around outside you tended to stick to shadows, I thought it just because you hated the heat like everybody else! So what happens if you don't wear the sunblock?”

 

“Well,” Kim began, “If I'm in the sun too long I can get severe skin damage. Rashes, burns, the works, but much worse than a normal Lyrian! But if I stay any longer than that and I'll lose my mind, and my instincts take over, similar to when I don't get enough blood.”

 

“I see, you somewhat fit with Vampire myths although you don't exactly turn to ash simply by being in sunlight...And I've never heard of forever lactating Vampires before!,” Tina giggled.

 

The giant woman's cheeks flushed red, “Hey! I see you're comfortable enough to tease me, now!”

 

“You wouldn't make a very good horror movie villain, you're too much a goody-two-shoes for that!”

 

“Hee hee, stop.” Kim said, tapping the tiny woman lightly with the fleshy pad of a finger.

 

“Yikes,” Tina yelped playfully, “I'd hate for you to skewer me with those fingernail's of yours!”

 

“Aww, don't worry Tina, I'd never do that!”

 

She chuckled, “Well I'm certainly glad to hear it!”

 

“I'm gonna miss you when you go back to the colony,” Kim muttered suddenly, “I love having Tommy around but it'd be nice to have other people to talk to every now and then.”

 

“I'll think about it,” Tina replied, mildly rubbing the woman's knee, “You seem like a great person to be around.”

 

“You mean...REALLY!?,” Kim exclaimed in joy, “Even though I just told you I need to drink blood to live!?”

 

“The children are sleeping, you!,” Tina scolded.

 

Kim slapped her hands to her mouth, “Whoops, sorry.”

 

“No worries. My Shelly at least, sleeps like a rock!”

 

The landscape of woman giggled softly.

 

Tina took a deep breath and steadied her nerves, she didn't want to give Kim any false hope but she WOULD think about it. Maybe living with a Lyrian like her wouldn't be so bad...

 

Tina continued, “I'll talk to my daughter about this when I get the chance, who knows it might be fun! You drinking blood is really nothing; even if you were a normal Lyrian I wouldn't be any safer than I am now. A normal Lyrian is just as big a threat to us humans!”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“So let me think about it...If you still want me by the end of it, then I'll be glad to stay with you!”

 

“Of course sweetie!” Kim responded, “I'd love the extra company. My house has plenty of spare rooms, I'll even buy more human furniture for you all!”

 

“Sounds tempting, though I'll warn you: I am kind of picky about furnishings.”

 

“Hee hee, me too!” Kim beamed with a smile.

 

“Maybe I can trade the colony some materials or goods in exchange for human made items like beds and clothes,” Kim speculated, “If everything goes well with Phil and Don that is...”

 

“I hope it does, human colonies don't take Lyrian presence well, as you can imagine.”

 

“Yeah, that makes sense.”

 

“What about Ron?,” Tina asked, “When did you meet him?”

 

Kim gritted her teeth, “That was yesterday night when a Lyrian woman attacked his family in an alleyway.”

 

“A-And his p-parents?,” She inquired further, the sight of Kim's maddened face made her tense again. It didn't help that Kim was exhibiting teeth that could easily mash dozens of human bodies to a bloody pulp!

 

“I have his mother in my bra, she's not in great condition I might add, thanks to that disgusting woman,” Kim explained bitterly, “The mother is the whole reason I was looking for a human colony in the first place: to get human medical attention for her.”

 

“Well I'm glad that y-you did, if it wasn't for you that Lyrian boy would have...”

 

Kim shifted from an fiery expression to a soft one in an instant, “Don't think about it sweetie, just don't think about it, okay?”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“And Ron's father?” Tina asked.

 

The colossal face face went pale and glowing eyes drooped, “Gone. I was there too late to save him.”

 

“Sorry, I shouldn't be asking these things.”

 

“Its alright dear, you didn't know.”

 

“Let's talk about something less depressing, yeah?,” Tina suggested.

 

“Alrighty, like what?”

 

“Weeeeeeellll,” Tina began, drawing out the word, “Have you had your little man paint your nails yet?”

 

“Hows he supposed to do that? The brush is much bigger than him.”

 

“Oh, I have a couple of ideas,” Tina giggled, “It could be a bonding experience for you both. I'm sure once he cools down he'd be glad to pamper you.”

 

“It might take a while for him paint them, but it sounds fun, I'll suggest it to him.”

 

Tina turned around and looked down at Kim's sandal-clad feet, off in the distance.

 

“Yeah, you have very pretty feet,” She began, “And most women would kill to have nails like those! Maybe not as sharp, but as neat and long as yours!”

 

“Hee hee, you like flattering me don't you? I'm not going to skewer you if you don't!”

 

“No really! I'm super jealous of your feet!”

 

Tina was more jealous of Kim's size and power, though...And the freedom it afforded her. What she wouldn't give to be in her body for even a day!

 

“My feet aren't all good, I can't wear closed-toed shoes with these nails,” Kim argued with a hint of sarcasm, “And I can only wear leg-warmers, my toenails would destroy any socks!”

 

Tina laughed.

 

“It's too bad we human women don't have much time to spoil ourselves though,” Tina murmured, trying not to sound sad, “Keeping ourselves even moderately hygienic in a human colony with scarce resources is nearly impossible!”

 

“Not to mention getting a decent tan when every kind of critter under the sun wants to have you for dinner! And Lyrians are the worst, no offense. I was lucky enough to keep my daughter...you know what happened to poor Phil.”

 

“You humans wouldn't have to worry about any of that with me hun, I promise!,” Kim pointed out, “I'd even give you privacy in one of my spare rooms.”

 

“I don't know,” She replied solemnly, “Just this morning any Lyrian in sight was our mortal enemy. Never in a million years did I think I'd run into one like you. I still need time to think things over.”

 

“Its okay, I understand Tina”

 

“Thanks Kim.”