- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

(A/N: This is a complete rehauling of the original "The Journey of Kari". It has a completely new plotline. I'm not sure how many chapters will be here, but I'll start with number 1 first, of course. I think you'll find the story to be much better this time. The original, I consider to be a failed experiment. This is the definitive version.)
A grand city's windows were lit up by the afternoon sun's unavoidable stare. Now normally on a day like this work would be ending soon, people would go home to their families, and they could sit down and watch FOX for the rest of the day. But this day was different. Not just FOX, but every news station was covering a rather important story. A story that was about to go down outside this very city. Not that anyone would be around to watch it, since everyone was drowning in the sea of cars that were trying to pour out of the city.

On the outskirts of the city, loud rumbling noises smothered every other sound. It was...the sound of hundreds of tanks surrounding the city in a defense as sound as a steel wall. Each one could fire a weapon that would render the average 2 story house into a worthless pile of rubble.

Nearly every aircraft that belonged to the US military was in the air and was currently circling the city. It looked like there was an invasion of the country taking place. In a sense, that was true. The entire place was fortified for the worst kind of attack imaginable.

"As we predicted the enemy is moving at high velocity straight in this trajectory."

"But will this really work?"

The tank battalions on the ground felt a different kind of shock. It seemed so far away you couldn't hear it, but you felt it. A literal wave pushed everyone on the ground back a little. Whatever made that noise was barely visible on the horizon, but it approached quickly, continuously compressing the soft dough of the earth with each motion. In 10 seconds, an enormous shape loomed right over everything. The army, the city...

A message came over the pilots' radios. "All aircraft, fire at will! Fire at will!"

Every pilot launched a barrage of missles at the gigantic, shadowy object before them. The shadows seemed to be screaming "bad omen" out at them. As the missles approached, an enormous, gloved hand reached out gently. The hand was like a steel wall as the hundreds of missles, seemingly even smaller than tiny pins next to it, rocketed into it, and collapsed themselves onto it like tin foil, exploding harmlessly. A voice answered their missle attack, but it didn't sound human.

"Meooooow?"

"All the missles connected, and yet it didn't even scratch her!" said Anonymous Control Room Military Person.

"Well, what do you expect, from........a feline-girl who's at least 52 miles taller than us?" answered a pilot.

Yes, she was 52 miles tall. An enormous, scary size. The clouds only came up to her knees. The tanks at her feet were dwarfed impossibly by two gigantic boots, each several hundred-thousand times larger than the largest redwood trees on the planet. Her legs were miles long, like two immovable pillars, which lead up to a dark skirt and shirt, similar to that of a schoolgirl uniform. Her medium length blue hair swayed in the breeze, as her green eyes darted towards the source of the puny missle attack.

The pilots were struck aghast, because without time to react, the gloved hand moved a bit further. It quickly closed itself on the entire squadron. Their screaming voices were only heard by each other as the life was crushed out of them. The giant catgirl opened her hand and there was no more.

Again she spoke. But it was more than a curious meow. It was almost human, but it sounded like the kind of language a cat would speak in. However, if you could understand it, it would be equivilant to saying how fun and easy it was to destroy them, and that they should run away now.

"FIRE! FIRE! Just attack! Bring her down!" A.C.R.M.P. shouted into his headset.

The whole tank battalion shot at her, but did nothing more than hit her gigantic boots. The material was too thick for it to even pierce, so they also exploded as harmlessly as the missles.

The giant boot in front of them moved. The girl looked down casually as she rested her heel right in front of them, the sole of the boot completely obscuring the sky.

"AIEEEE--" Abruptly she stepped down just like she was taking any other step, and moved on as normal. An immeasurable earthquake rocked the entire city. When that foot lifted up again, there was no longer any proof that that entire legion of tanks ever existed. The only thing that was there was a mile deep crater formed by her foot. The giggling catgirl reached foward again as another squadron of fighters got too close.

"This is one enemy we can't OH SHI-" CRUNCH. Two fingers gently clasped together. She rubbed them together a bit and let go.

Someone spoke to A.C.R.M.P.. "The President has authorized the use of nuclear weapons."

He responded, "I can't do that! I'll take out the city with her!"

The reply was cool. "If you don't, the city is doomed anyway, as well as countless others."

Tears formed in the man's eyes. He was condemning a few million people to their deaths, as well as some of his own men. His next words where in the microphone, his will pushing them out as if it was the most difficult thing to do in his life. "Plan B is a go. L-launch everything and blow her to pieces!"

Two special stealth fighters zoomed in from behind her. Aiming straight at the relentlessly moving catgirl's back, they prepared to fire. Except....

CRACK. They burst into little pieces as a sonic boom cut through them. The girl's cream coloured tail had simply swished, breaking the sound barrier and exceeding the Mach scale by several times. Unaware, she started to kneel down over the whole city.

The military was not to be denied. Two more came in with a frontal assault, and this time, their missles fired. 4 of the world's strongest weapons of mass destruction sped towards her body.

She had a puzzled look on her face as she turned. Her keen eyesight allowed her to just barely see the pinpricks of light heading towards her. They weren't even as big as the tip of her fingernails. Reaching foward with her hand to stop them like usual, she couldn't seem to understand why these "mice" kept attacking her.

The four powerful missles struck her hand. A surprisingly powerful explosion came from them and started to wash out, but she quickly closed her hand on it. Some heat and radiation came out, though it was snuffed out deftly like a candle. The glove wasn't even penetrated by the explosion. Nuclear weapons were no match for her, considering the kind of place she came from....

"She....just isn't normal! All forces retreat, now! We'll just keep losing men this way....."

The steel wall of defense around the city shattered as the tanks and fighters left the area. All that remained was endless landscape and the city at her feet. She stood up and started to ponder what she wanted to do.

"I bet there are a ton of "mice" hiding in here. Let's see what they're doing."

She got on her knees and pulled out a futuristic looking magnifying glass. With it, she started to peer around the place, looking at the large metallic structures.

"It's just like before, they're not very.....well made. She placed one gloved finger inside. Pressing down gingerly, she giggled as several city blocks were smushed out underneath it. "Too weak.."

"It's the monster! Run, before she kills us all!" That phrase was very ironic, as the catgirl was the very opposite of a monster. She was a curious, cute visitor from parts unknown, acting innocently as if these "mice" were a much lower form of life. Those giant, green eyes darted from place to place inside the city, her ears twitching as she saw every bit of the action. Several people were also awestruck at her beauty. Some were gazing at her face seconds before another gloved finger snuffed them out of existance.

She noticed how disorganized they were in escaping, as their vehicles blocked each other and people pushed and shoved each other to escape. People were trampled in the crowds in the confusion and panic. "They're not anything like similar species on my planet, who organize when they are threatened. These "mice" are careless and destructive in their movements. Even the primitive vehicles, which spurt out so much harmful gas, only impede each other and they don't move at all. How uncivilized."

There wasn't much to see in the city, because most of the rather microscopic buildings she could barely see on her own, were obscured by the giant skyscrapers, which were nearly just as microscopic to her.
"The last place where these mice live was just like this. There's not much else I can learn here......."

Slowly, she stood to her full height, her shadow engulfing the entire city. With a big catgrin on her face, she stepped down with the tip of her boot, smashing a good portion of the city. The chaos on the streets only got worse as she waved her hand in the universal gesture for "Bye-bye". She placed her next step over the remains of the city, and slowly brought it down, crunching the little skyscrapers. The people of the city had no time to cry out, just looked up as all the light was consumed voraciously by the shadow of her foot. Then, they died painlessly, as the rest of the city vanished with a CRUNCH and an incredible earthquake.

"BOOM! Hehehe....."