- Text Size +

Jasmine had so many questions running through her mind right now.  “What happened?”  Jasmine asked Annabel as she gently picked up Nick.

“I-I-I …it …I’m not sure.” She finally said still scared and panicky, but mostly worried.

“Jasmine who is it?”  Jasmine’s mom asked.

“It’s Annabel.  She, um, forgot her homework,” Jasmine said. 

“I though you went to her house,” Jasmine’s mom asked confused.

“I did but I took one of her paper home by accident.  We’re going to go get them,” Jasmine said dashing to her room with Annabel tailing her.

“Hey, girls no running in the house,” Jasmine’s dad shouted to them but they didn’t listen as they closed Jasmine’s door.

 

Sam was debating what she was going to do with her life now.  She never thought something like this would ever happen to her.  She still felt horrible without Nick but Isaac was right she need to make up for it somehow.  Maybe she could be like some kind of translator or a go between for buggies and giants-

Sam’s thoughts were shattered when Jasmine particle ran into her room.  She was followed by someone who closed the door.  The girl who closed the door turned around and Sam let out a gasp at who it was; Annabel, the little girl who kidnapped them and ultimately lead Nick to his death.

“You,” Sam said feeling anger rise up.  Sam started to head toward Annabel like she was going to teach her a listen only to be interrupted by Jasmine.

“Sam,” She said.  “We need your help.”

“I will never help her,” Sam said with hatred.  “She killed Nick!”

“I didn’t mean-” Annabel started to say in defense when Jasmine tried to redirect all the attention to something more important.

“Sam,” Jasmine said holding out her hand.

Sam couldn’t breathe as she saw the last person she thought she would ever see again.  Nick was lying in Jasmine’s hand in a small red puddle of blood.  Emotions ran through her as she couldn’t think straight at what she saw. 

“Sam, I think he might be…” Jasmine said worried.

“Quickly you need to set him down gently,” Sam said.  Jasmine followed her words.  Sam ran over and checked on Nick.  He had no pulse and had several broken bones in his right arm and his leg seemed to be broken too.  Sam didn’t have much medical experience but she could tell that there was more damage done on Nick’s insides then outside.  Praying that she was in time she started to preform CPR on Nick.  Isaac and Ruth came over to see what was going on.  Everyone watched as Sam tried to revive Nick.  Time went on and on it seemed that Nick was gone…

 

 

Gasping Nick shot up from where he was laying terrified.  Freaking out Nick went to stand up when he was held down by someone.  Looking around in panic afraid that he was in trouble he went to knock the person off of him only to find Sam holding him down with concern on her face. 

Nick immediately calmed down at the sight of her as felt peace wash over him.  He made it…

“What… where...” Nick started but stopped.  “It’s good to see you again.”

“I know, same about you,” Sam said with joy in her voice.

“What happened?” Nick asked as he started to reliazed he was in Jasmine’s room again only that it was day time and they were the only ones here.  The last thing he remembered was saving Annabel from that man and then nothing.

“Well,” Sam said helping Nick sit up.  “You died.”

Nick let out a laugh but was cut off when his chest started to hurt.  Looking down he saw that he was wearing strips of colored doll clothing that were used as bandages around most of his body.

“Annabel brought you here and you were dead so I did my best to revive you.  You came back but were still unconscious.  Your heart stopped beating 2 more times after that and each time I thought you were gone for good,” Sam said petrified.

“Sorry I made you so scared,” Nick said feeling bad for putting her through that.  He went to touch her for comfort only to wince in pain.

“Don’t try to move.  Your arm and leg were badly injured.  In fact I should be surprised that you can feel with them.  They were particle destroyed and I was afraid that they would never work again, but it seems that you’re healing fast.”

“What day is it,” Nick asked frightened for his answer.  He kind of guessed what day it was.

“Monday,” Sam said.

“Yeah, thought so.”  That’s why no one was here they were at school.  “Thank you again for helping me again.”

Sam hugged him causing Nick to wince but didn’t stop Sam from hugging him.  “I thought you were dead,” She started to cry as she let her emotions go.  They stayed like that letting each other comfort each other until finally Sam let go. 

There was an awkward silence after they stopped hugging until Sam finally said, “I’m just so glad your back.”

“Yeah me too,” Nick said.  There was more awkward silence.

“Sooo, do you need anything like food or water?” 

“Both would be great,” Nick said as he finally felt his hunger and thirst.  Sam helped him eat some food that Jasmine left for them, just in case Nick did wake up, along with some water.  Sam didn’t ask Nick on any details about what he went through so she just started telling him about what she did while he was gone. 

After eating and drinking some water, Nick went to rest back on the make shift bed that was made for him.  He was already feeling much better and could move his arm and leg without it hurting.  His powers were returning quicker than ever before.  Sam helped Nick back into bed and went to sit by his side.

“Sam you don’t have to worry about me-”

Sam cut him off by kissing him.  Nick stop talking as he enjoyed the kiss that she graced him with.  When she pulled back she gave him a loving look, “Just get some sleep.”

 

Nick woke up again and looked around Sam was sleeping near him, just within arm’s reach.  She looked so adorable in his hoodie that she still had on.  Looking around it must have been only a few hours and Jasmine would be back in maybe an hour or two.  Getting out of bed, Nick did a quick check on himself by stretching.  He was feeling much better.  His muscles were feeling strong and health.  Doing a quick work out to see how healthy he was, Nick started to do some fighting techniques. 

 

Sam woke up to the sound of someone fighting.  Looking, she noticed Nick wasn’t in bed and looked around quickly and found him fighting imaginary enemies.  Getting up she went over to Nick to stop him from hurting himself.

“Nick,” She said worried about him. 

Nick stopped the moment he heard Sam call his name.  “Sorry didn’t mean to wake you.”

“You shouldn’t be doing that you might injure yourself.”

“I’m fine, but thanks for the concern.  I’m feeling much better now, but if you are really that worried then I’ll stop.”  He headed back to where they were before near his bed and they both sat down near it.  “I really didn’t want to wake you up, you looked like you haven’t sleep much and well… you looked cute in the hoodie,” Nick said trying to not act embarrassed but failing.

Smiling at Nick, Sam said, “Your hoodie is just so comforting.”  She started to take it off the hoodie.

“What are you doing,” Nick asked confused when she took it off.

“I’m giving you back your hoodie,” She said as she handed the hoodie to Nick.

“You don’t have to,” Nick said.

“I know how important it is to you.  It wouldn’t be right if I kept it.”  Sam held it out and Nick took it.

“Thanks,” Nick said.

Sam frowned as Nick put the hoodie on.  It felt familiar… too familiar. Suddenly Sam felt a weird sensation go through her.

“Are you ok,” Nick asked.

“I… I don’t know.  That hoodie,” She said looking at it intently.  “I… have we done this before?  I… I gave you that hoodie before didn’t I?”

Before Nick could say anything Sam closed her eyes as she felt memories coming back as they went through her head.  She was remembering her past…

 

FLASH BACK

 

Nick sat down on the tree stump at Sam and his secret hiding spot.  They always would meet here and tell each other secrets and Nick had a huge secret that he needed to tell her.  Sam was getting back from her summer vacation and the next day was their first day in high school.  They promised to meet up here when she got back.  It was growing late and it was starting to get dark out.  Nick couldn’t wait to meet Sam and tell her about his new found powers he developed over the break.  He wanted to tell someone but was scared they would think he was a monster.  He didn’t know how it happened he just started to feel weird and next thing he knew he could lift up object twice his weight.  It was hard keeping it a secret from his parents but he was able to.  He came here every day and learned to control and develop his powers.  Now he was going to tell the one person he knew that would keep it a secret, as soon as she would show up.

 

Sam was running late to meet with Nick.  She had to sneak out of her bedroom and head into the woods to find their tree stump.  She had a present she wanted to give to Nick before tomorrow.  She found a hoodie in a shop that she thought would look good on him.  Entering the clearing she saw Nick sitting on the stump like he usually does.

“Nick!”  Sam said excitedly.  She missed him so much the past couple of months.  She loved the beach with her family but she missed Nick.

“Sam.” Nick said standing up from the stump.  He walked over and hugged her like they always did as friends.

“Here,” Sam said giving Nick her present.  “I thought you might like it.”

“Thanks,” Nick said looking at it.  Putting it on Nick put his hands through the sleeves and said sheepish, “It’s kind of big.”

“Oh, sorry I didn’t know what size you were-” Sam started to say ashamed but Nick stopped her.

“I love it.  Beside I can grow into it and wear it when I get older.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I’ll always remember you when I wear this.  I mean, uh … that kind of sounded creepy right?”

“No, I think it was cute.  It’s kind of chilly out isn’t it?”  Sam said.

Nick stepped closer and said, “Good think I got a new hoodie, right?”  They stood close as Nick kept her warm.  “Sam I have something to show you.”

Sam blushed, “Umm…”

“No,” Nick said suddenly, “I mean not like that, I meant there is a secret I have to show you.”  Nick said complete embarrassed while Sam laughed.  Steeping back he held his hands out.  He concentrated and let his knew found powers do what he practiced; his hands started to glow. 

Sam gasped as she took a step back.  When she realized that nothing bad was about to happen she stepped closer.  “Is that like… a magic trick or something?”

Nick shook his head no.  “You won’t believe what happened to me.  I somehow developed powers!  Like some kind of super hero!  Look I can even do this,” Nick said as he started to hover off the ground.  Sam looked slightly scared now so Nick stopped floating.  “I’m scaring you aren’t I?”

“I… I don’t understand,” Sam finally said.

Nick held his hand out, “Please trust me.” 

Sam hesitated for a bit but finally took Nick’s hand.  He lead her back to the tree stump where they sat and he started to explain what happened to him.  He told her that he gained these powers and he hasn’t told anyone but her.

When Nick finished telling her she didn’t say anything and took it all in.  “Sam can you at least say something?”  Nick asked frightened at what she was thinking.

“How about I say something,” someone said behind them.  They both turned around to see a kid about their age leaning up against a tree.

“Who are you?” Nick asked getting up off the stump.  He had a bad feeling about this.  His gut was telling him something was up.

“Just someone like you,” The kid said.

“What do you want?”

The kid let out a laugh, “Well for starters I want to fight you.”

Nick frowned at him, “Why?”

“You don’t know?”  The kid asked.  “Whatever, you don’t need to know all I need to know is will you fight me, yes or no?”

“No,” Nick said quickly still confused at what was going on.

“Well, I can’t have that.  You see I need to fight you,” The kid said walking closer.  Suddenly he disappeared and was behind Sam.  He grabbed Sam by the neck with his hand causing Sam to gasp out in fear not pain.  The kid wasn’t hurting her but Nick knew that he could crush her throat with little effort.

“WAIT!  DON’T!”  Nick said panicked.

“Will you fight me?  If you don’t say yes, I will kill her.”

“Fine I’ll fight you!  Just leave her alone!”  The kid laughed and tossed Sam to the side.  Before Nick could do anything the kid dashed at him and started to attack him.  The kid was a skilled fighter and started to land bone crushing blows that left Nick breathless and unable to block most of the hits.  The kid was beating Nick with a ferocity that Nick didn’t understand.  The kid landed a gut hit then twirled and kicked Nick back 10 feet.  Nick landed on his back wheezing.

“Why,” Nick wheezed when the kid looked down at him.

“Well since you’re going to die anyway I guess I could tell you.  I’ll start with a name, John.  I don’t care about your name since it won’t matter soon.  You see we have these powers to do one thing,” John stepped on Nick’s chest.  “We have these powers unlocked to fight to the death and be the last one standing, or at least that’s what I was told.  You’re not the first kid I killed nor will you be the last.”  John applied more pressure on Nick’s chest.  He let out another laugh, “I can’t believe you were this easy to beat.  The others at least got in a blow or two.  I must be getting stronger.”  Before John could stomp down Sam threw herself into him.  She knocked John over and helped Nick get up and started to run away.

Sam helped Nick run into the woods.  They went passed a tree and John was right there in front of them.  He knocked Nick over and threw Sam into a tree.  “I guess I have to kill this bitch too.”

Nick heard what John said and felt his anger rising.  Getting up he charged John and knocked him into a tree and through it.  They hit the ground with Nick on top of John.  He started pounding him with a fury he never knew.  When he was done John was coughing up blood.  Nick got off John and was about to go see if Sam was ok only to have John let out a curse.

“I’m not done with you!  I’ll find you and that girl too!  And I’ll make you both pay dearly!”

Nick paused in his tracks.  He couldn’t let John live.  Letting his powers flow through him, he formed a light sword in his hand.  Walking over John went wide eye and started to say he was joking.  Nick couldn’t take that chance.  Plunging the beam of light into John it pierced him in the heart and watched as the light faded from his eyes.  Leaving it in him for a few more seconds to make sure he was dead, he let the blade fade and was about to walk away to go find Sam.  He saw Sam staring at him with fear and horror in her eyes.  She was looking at him like he was a monster. 

Nick felt devastated as he tried to approach her.  “Please, don’t hurt me,” Sam said.

It was like she cut his heart out with those words.  “Sam, I would never.”

She started to back up, “He begged you not to and you… you killed him.”

“He was going to kill us,” Nick said trying to defend himself.

Sam didn’t move when Nick reached for her and felt her tense up in fear.  She was terrified of him now.  Maybe she was right, he was a monster.  He had these powers and wasn’t normal.  He just killed a kid he barely even knew and didn’t even feel remorse for it.  Looking into her eyes, Nick saw Sam give him a scared look.  They could never be friends again.  Not only does she not trust him but because of what John said.  He said there were more like him, kids with powers and if they came for him like John did tonight then he would have to fight them.  They might try using Sam against him like John did tonight.

Sighing Nick tried to think of a way to fix this when something told him how to fix it.  Wipe her memory.  He didn’t know how it came to but it was like someone told him the answer and how to do it.

“Sam… I’m sorry…” Nick whispered as he held her close.  She didn’t move as Nick let his powers build up and wiped her mind like they never meet tonight, he then teleported her back home in bed.   Feeling horrible and mad, Nick sat on the tree stump.  He needed to know what was happening with him and these powers.  Using his powers he started to understand what was happening.

It was like reading a manual for a new tool or car.  He was supposed to understand his powers before acting on them.  John knew that he had to eliminate the competition but didn’t know how to use his powers like using energy as a weapon other than enhancing his strength.  As Nick searched for answers he realized that powers were given to him to fight others into either giving up their powers or by killing them.  It was like the movie highlander where there could only be one.  As he understood more he realized he could never be with anyone, especially not with Sam.  Just being with her would draw attention to her which other will use.

Letting his sadness out Nick shouted into the night at the unfairness of all of it.

 

THE NEXT DAY

 

Sam woke up forgetting how she got into bed, weird.  Getting dressed she hurried to get to school.  Sam waited at the bus stop and saw Nick in a hoodie she never seen before.  She went to say hi to him but he seemed distant.  Before she could say hi the bus came.  She tried to get a seat with him but he went to the far back and sat by himself.  Sam was forced to sit somewhere else as the kids were pushing in and filling up seats.  She found a seat and sat next to a girl who she started to befriend immediately, her name was Beth.

 

As the years went on Nick learned to stay out of everyone’s way and stay in the shadows.  No soccer, no clubs, and no friends.  He even went as far as to let his powers mask him so people wouldn’t remember him.  He would never risk anyone’s safety again.  What hurt most was how happy Sam was without him.  He was tempted to befriend her again but the look on her face when she found out about him killed him every time.  So as the years went on Nick was seclude as he learned the ways of his world by fighting and forming alliances with others to keep others at bay from attacking him or his town to find him.  He made friends that were like him, but really they all knew they couldn’t really trust each other.  Not when they might turn on each other one day.  This was what Nick had to deal with for the rest of his life…

 

PRESENT

 

Sam opened her eyes as her memories came back to her in full force. 

“Are you ok,” Nick asked concerned.

“You!”  She said angrily.  “I remember everything!  You,you, you did something to make me forget!”  She hit Nick in the arm.

“OW!  What was that for?”  Nick said confused and now mad.

“I remember that night we meet before high school.  I remember all the times you were there in school and didn’t say anything to me.  All the times you were there helping me pick up my books when I dropped them but never saying a word.  Why would you do that,” Sam asked saddened that Nick would avoid her like that.

“You weren’t supposed to remember,” Nick said with a frown.  “Must have been the relapse of memories from you given me the hoodie twice.”

“Why would you do that?!”  Sam said maddened again and hitting Nick in the arm.

“Will you stop that?!  Jeez that hurts.  I wiped your mind to keep you safe.”

“What?”  Sam said confused more now.

“I wiped your mind because you almost died being my friend.  I will not let that happen ever,” Nick said sternly.

“So you’re just going to forget me when we get home again?  Just like last time?”  Nick didn’t say anything.  Sam gasped, “You were going to wipe my mind again, weren’t you?”  Nick looked away.

Sam went to hit Nick again but stopped.  “… it was because of how I acted wasn’t it?”

Nick tensed as she hit the nail on the head.  “No, it was to keep you safe.”

Sam hit Nick again, “Don’t you lie to me.   I know you too well to know when you lie.  Nick…” Sam said sincerely, “I was so young back then.  I… I didn’t mean to.”

Nick let out a sigh, “I know… still.  I-I trusted you Sam, I thought you would understand.  I know I frightened you but still you thought I was nothing more than a monster.  I… I couldn’t stand the thought of you looking at me like that again.”

Sam hugged Nick tightly and said, “I’m sorry I hurt you.  I swear I will never hurt you again.  Just please…forgive me.”

Nick made her look at him and said, “I forgave you long ago.  I’m just glad you don’t hate me for what I did.”

“Oh hate you for that, but I love you for caring for me.  Sorry about everything,” Sam said as she went to kiss Nick.  Nick leaned into her and kissed her back.  They started to kiss each other passionately.  Nick leaned back into the makeshift bed and pulled Sam on top of him.  They continued to kiss for what felt like forever.  Time started slow as they made out and Nick lost himself in her smell and her embrace.  Before he knew it Sam whispered into his ear, “You know they won’t get back till later because of Tiffany’s soccer practice.  That is if you feel up to it,” Sam said with a teasing look in her eyes.  Nick laughed and instantly made her clothes disappear.  Sam squeaked at this causing Nick to laugh even more as she glared at him.  “That’s not funny.  Warn me next time when you’re going to do that.”

“Sorry I’ve wanted to do that for a long time now,” Nick said as he too made his clothes disappear.  Both clothing were folded up next to the bed.  Nick lifted Sam up and laid her down and started to kiss her bare body.  He trailed his way down her body first to her chest where he played with her breast till she was withering in delight.  Then he went lower until he got passed her waist.  He then gave her a playful lick that caused her to moan in delight.  He knew where to probe and lick to get Sam to cum for him, thanks to Courtney.  Thoughts of Courtney were brought up and wiped away by this moment.  Nick made Sam cum one more time before she begged him to take her.  Nick looked at her and asked, “Are you sure?”

Sam pulled Nick down and straddled his stomach.  She looked down as him and said, “I love you.”  She then positioned herself over his member and started to descend down on it.  Nick let out a gasp at the heavenly feeling of Sam taking him deep inside of her.  The feeling was beyond his imagination.  Taking his hands he trailed them up her stomach to her chest where he played with her beautiful breast.  Sam was moving faster now and Nick could tell she was getting close to another orgasm.  Switching positions Nick took top as he gently set Sam down and started to move faster.  When he was close he was about to pull out when Sam said, “Please, Inside…”

Nick couldn’t have been more thrilled or loved when she said that.  Reaching his tipping point Nick buried himself in her and pulled her close to him for an embrace.  She squeezed down on him with her legs, arms, and her inner walls.  Nick felt like her was back in Courtney’s pussy but again the memory was wiped out of existence by this moment.  After they both finally settle back down Nick held Sam on top of his body as they caught their breaths.  Laying there they couldn’t both help but drift off to sleep…

 

Nick and Sam were both woken up by the sounds of Jasmine’s door opening.  Jasmine was walking back in and before Sam could reach for her clothes Nick had both of them completely cleaned up and clothed.  Sam looked at Nick shocked as they got out of the bed before Jasmine saw what they were doing.  Nick gave her a wicked smile, “That was a close.”

Jasmine set her book bag down and looked over to see Nick and Sam sitting on the bed she made.

“Nick!”  Jasmine said gently picking up Nick.  “I’m so glad you’re ok!”

“Yeah, me too.” 

Isaac and Ruth were pulled out of Jasmine’s pocket where they both greeted Nick with a hand shake and a hug.  Jasmine picked up Sam as to not leave her out of the group hug.  After they were all done greeting, Jasmine brought them over to her doll house so she could put them in some chairs to sit in and talk. 

Jasmine, Isaac, and Ruth started to tell Nick all about what happened over the almost 2 weeks he was missing.  They asked Nick questions about his ordeal but he kept quiet about most of it.  He only said that he had a hard time and met some people who tried to help, but never said more than a few things.  Nick didn’t want to scar Jasmine for the rest of her life with anything a child probably shouldn’t hear, and he didn’t want Sam knowing exactly what he went through.  She would probably die knowing the full extent of torture he went through.  

With a quick summary of how he was held capture and then saved by Tracie and was given to Annabel to return to Jasmine, but they ran into a problem that you had to solve.  No one pressured Nick into elaborating but he could tell that they knew that he was holding back.  Trying not to have everyone questioning him, Nick proposed that they all played some dolls which Jasmine quickly agreed. 

They played until it was dinner time and soon it was bed time.  As they all got ready for bed Sam asked if he was going to sleep.

“Yeah, but I wanted to stay up for a little while longer.”

“Ok.  Do you mind if I stay up too?”

Nick smile at her, “I would love it if you would join me.”

They sat there like they use to with their feet hanging off the dresser looking out the window into the night sky.  Finally after a long time Nick said, “My powers are returning faster than before.”

“You mean,” Sam asked.

Nick nodded, “We can go home in a few days.”

Sam had an excited face on then it quickly disappeared as she thought it over.  Finally she said, “Can we take Isaac and Ruth with us.”

Nick shook his head no, “There’s no telling what might happen to them.  There is a slim chance that they would make it.  They would be safer to stay with Jasmine then to come with us.”

“Ok,” Sam said slightly saddened.  After another long pause Sam asked, “What are we going to tell everyone?  We went missing for a month or so right?  We can’t say that we went to another universe.  I mean I barely believe it and I was stuck here.”

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll think of something.” Nick said as he continued to look out at the sky.

“So, that’s it then?  In a few days we are just going to vanish out of their lives and return to ours?”  Nick didn’t say anything to Sam but she could tell Nick was thinking of something important.  Faking a yawn, Sam stood up and said, “I’m feeling kind of tired.  Please don’t stay up too late.”  She left Nick there and headed to bed.  She felt a sudden joy that she could now leave this nightmare.  Sadly she would be leaving Isaac and Ruth who were starting to become like friends to her.  Then there was Jasmine, who was almost like a little sister… or big little sister to her.  Could she just leave them behind and never see them again…

Chapter End Notes:

Again if there are any mistakes please let me know.