- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

I've FIANLLY completed it! Here it is, the FULL chapter! I'm sorry it took me so long. I really hope it was worth the wait. It's probably not entirely necessary, but I recommend going back and reading the previous chapter or two to help refresh your memory. That's what I always do when an author here releases a new chapter of a story that hadn't been updated before that in over a month.

A little over 6,000 words, I believe this is my longest chapter yet, and if not, it's definitely my second longest! I don't want to delay this any longer, here you go!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Michael and the others have gathered around the picnic table. Once again, the topic up for discussion is devising a way out of their current predicament and bringing the whole “being tiny” ordeal to an end.

 

“All I'm saying is that this is our window. Possibly our only one” says Keith. “Her mother's home, and she's our ticket out of here. But she's only gonna be here for a few days so we need to act fast, before the window closes.”

 

“The 'window' was slammed shut long before we got here” says Michael. “Amanda being home means nothing for us, except for the possibility of a reprieve from Claire toying with us.”

 

“How can you say that?! This is our chance and we need to act!”

 

“Act how?” replies Michael, frustration growing in his voice. “We're sealed in up here, have you forgotten? We can't get to her. And the chances of her coming up here to us are quite low. But even if she did set foot in this attic, do you know what she would see? Not people. No, she'd have to get quite close to look at us and see human beings. She would see bugs, and fearfully retreat back down those stairs.”

 

“You know, we might not want Amanda to find us anyways” says Jim, bringing the attention of the others to him.

 

“What do you mean? Why the hell wouldn't we?” asks Keith.

 

“Well, think about it. The way Claire's been... maybe the apple didn't fall far from the tree.”

 

“Look, yes, we still need a plan” says Michael. “I'll be the first person to agree with you there, Keith, but I'm afraid this discussion here isn't going to lead to one.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After sneaking back into the house with the shrunken bus, Claire quietly enters her bedroom and closes the door behind her. She sits on the floor with her legs crossed and gently places the bus down onto the plum-colored carpet in front of her. Its right side faces her.

 

“What happened? How did you get so small?”

 

Inside the bus, the men recover from their journey after finally being returned to steady ground. Their world was rocked back and forth continuously as they were carried in the clutches of this gigantic girl and delivered to a room inside her immense home.

 

“Helloooooo, is anybody in there?” Claire asks as she lightly taps at the roof of the bus with the tip of the nail of her index finger. “You can come out of there, you're safe now.” She smiles sweetly at the bus as she tries to peer inside without leaning in for a closer look.

 

A window near the back opens and a man near the back begins shouting, his face red with anger. “You bitch! What the fuck did you do to us?!”

 

“Oh, um, hi to you too” says Claire. She giggles, the display of anger by the tiny man amusing her. Many more windows begin opening, revealing behind them more tiny men. Though they're tiny, they're mostly of quite muscular builds. “Are you guys, like, a little sports team or something?”

 

“WOW, nothing gets past you, does it?” the red faced man yells sarcastically. “Now answer my question, what the fuck have you done?!”

 

“What do you mean, what have I done? What did you do to get so little?”

 

Another man closer to the front of the bus opens his window. “Is this funny?” he yells. “Is this a game to you? We saw you shoot at us with some sort of... thing. We know whatever happened to us, you're the one that did it.”

 

“Yeah, you think we're stupid or something? We know it was you” yells the man near the back. “You better change us back to normal before we miss our game, bitch!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, change us back!” chants a large group of tiny voices inside the bus.

 

Claire is amazed. She thinks to herself, how can such small people dare talk to someone so much bigger than themselves in such a way? Are they extremely brave, or just exceedingly stupid? She rolls her eyes. What a foolish bunch of boys. Here they are, in the bedroom of a beautiful girl, and all they want to do is leave so they can get onto a field with more muscly boys, smash their bodies into each other and exchange concussions.

 

A sound coming from the kitchen distracts her from her thoughts. It's the sound of cupboards opening and closing as things are being placed back away inside them. A wicked smile spreads across Claire's face as a fresh idea enters her mind.

 

“Awww, you caught me. I was just trying to have a little fun, I thought you guys would like it.” She pouts. “I'm sorry. Come on, I'll grow you back to normal. I really don't want to make you miss your game.”

 

Claire carefully lifts the bus up and away from the carpet and searches her room for another place to set it. She spots a hardcover book on the floor behind her and she gently places the vehicle down on its surface.

 

“I need you guys to come out of there and step onto the book.” She giggles as none of the men seem willing to exit the bus. “Come on, you know I can't grow the whole bus back in my room, you silly little people! I need you to get out if you wanna be changed back.”

 

After a few seconds, the doors at the front of the bus hiss open and the men begin exiting. They spread themselves out as best they can over the surface of the book. There must be around thirty of them. Claire works hard to contain her excitement.

 

Claire reaches over the heads of the little men below and picks up the now empty yellow bus. She lifts it higher into the air and extends her arm out to its full length, reaching for her nightstand, atop which she deposits the small vehicle.

 

“Alright.” She says, smiling as she brings her attention back to the men scattered all over the book before her and slips Michael's device out of her pocket. “Let's get you little guys back to normal!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thomas stands on the middle area of the expansive surface of the book next to his friend Marcus. The gigantic girl's beautiful face looms above him as her fingers tap at different buttons, each one pressed causing whatever the incredible device is that she had used to shrink the bus with to emit a soft beeping sound. Thomas is quite surprised by how so many of his teammates spoke to the girl. Sure, he was just as excited and anxious as anyone else on the team to get to the game, but he didn't mind a little delay in his schedule if it meant spending a bit of time with such a beautiful creature.

 

His teammates had spoken to her with such vitriol. Here they were, with such a difference between them that she could easily win a match of tug of war against any of them using nothing more than the strength residing in her pinky finger alone, yet they worried not in the slightest about angering her. Luckily they had apparently not managed to do so, as she now holds the mysterious size changing device in front of her, aimed and ready to fire.

 

 

 

 

Claire presses a final button on Michael's device before aiming it at the group of tiny men below. “Please let this work” she says softly as she smiles down on them and moves her index finger towards the trigger.

 

 

 

 

Thomas smiles back at the gigantic beauty. He knows in just a matter of minutes he'll be the same size as her again and back on the way to the game, but not before he gets the chance to ask for her phone number. Still smiling, he watches as her finger curls around the trigger and pulls it back. A small light on the end of the device flashes briefly and his entire world changes again... though not in the way he and his teammates were expecting.

 

 

 

 

“Yes! Yes, it worked!” cheers Claire before tucking the device back away inside her pocket. “WOW!” she says as she leans in towards the book for a closer view. Before, the men were already tiny, the same size as Michael and his friends in the attic, but now... now, they are smaller even than the most minuscule of ants! Her smile grows wider as her eyes look over them excitedly. She's proud of herself, everything has worked out according to her plan, the book didn't even shrink, only the men on top, just as she'd hoped.

 

 

 

 

The men are overtaken with confusion. Thomas stares into Claire's smile, betrayed. Seconds ago, she was gigantic, but now she sits before him unfathomably massive. He knows the new size of himself and his teammates isn't the result of a mistake on her part. Her booming cheers of excitement and the sight of her slipping the device away afterward are more than enough confirmation of this.

 

 

 

 

Claire grabs the top of the book with one hand and places her other at the bottom. She lifts it slowly partway off of the carpet and giggles as the incredibly tiny men slide down the slope of the book's surface and into the palm of her hand. With everyone off of it, she lets the book fall flat to the floor again and rises to her feet. Very quietly, she turns at her doorknob with her free hand and pulls the door open. She brings her hands together, cupping the men safely inside as she enters the hallway.

 

She walks softly through the halls in her black flip flops, careful to minimize the sound produced with each step. She reaches her destination and peers around the corner. Her mother stands at the far end of the kitchen, wiping at the counter with a dish towel with her back to Claire. “Perfect” she thinks to herself.

 

Claire quietly leans down over where the carpeting ends and the white linoleum flooring of the kitchen begins. She touches her hand to the cool floor and tilts it, letting the men roll down and drop onto the ground. She returns to her full height and watches as they pick themselves up and stand still in front of her. She rolls here eyes. “How stupid are they?” she thinks to herself before lifting her right foot and pushing it forward. She allows it to hover low over their heads in an attempt to motivate the pathetically tiny men beneath it to scurry out from underneath and away from her. “Finally” she mutters under her breath as they come into view out from under her sandal and begin running off further into the kitchen.

 

 

 

As the tiny men run across the vast plain that is in reality nothing more than a kitchen floor, they soon discover that the girl who shrunk them isn't the only other person the kitchen with them. Standing all the way at the end of the room with her back to them is another ridiculously massive woman.

 

“Look!” yells Martin, still running though struggling a bit with keeping up with the much more athletic passengers from his bus. “That must be the girl's mother!” he shouts, pointing to the woman. “Come on, we need to reach her and get her attention!”

 

 

 

Claire smiles as she watches the tiny specks journey deeper towards the center of the kitchen. 'Mom!” she says excitedly, finally announcing her presence to her mother.

 

Startled, Amanda jumps, dropping the dish towel to the counter before turning around to face her daughter standing at the other end of the room. “What it it dear? You scared me. Was that payback for the other night?”

 

“No, Mom.” Claire points to a spot on the floor between herself and her mother. “Look!” she exclaims. “Ants!”

 

Amanda gasps as she focuses her eyes on the spot her daughter points to. At first she struggles to even see them, they're so tiny! But sure enough, there's something there. Her eyes widen as soon as they lock onto the swarm of tiny specks moving across the floor and heading straight towards her.

 

 

The men stop dead in their tracks and strain their necks as they gaze towards the heavens and into the startled eyes of the woman whose vision seems to be fixed on them. “Alright! She sees us!” yells one of the men, eliciting cheers from many of the others. The group stands in the exact center of the kitchen, one giant woman at the side of the room behind them, and another at the end in front of them.

 

 

“Ants?! In my kitchen?! Claire, get them out, please!” Claire giggles. “Please, Claire! You know I can't stand the thought of bugs being inside the house! Oh, of all the places they could be, why my kitchen?! Please, Claire, you have to get rid of them!

 

“Mom, calm down. They're just ants. If you don't want them in the kitchen, what's stopping you from getting rid of them?

 

 

From their position down on the floor, the men nervously turn their heads back and forth from one gigantic woman to the other as they listen to their conversation.

 

 

“Honey, please, just take care of them for me. You know how I feel about bugs, I can't help it.

 

“Mom, come on. Look at them. They're so tiny you have to nearly strain yourself just to notice them. Remember how we talked about this the other day? Are you really gonna live in fear of something so small and insignificant. Ants are invading your kitchen, don't you want to show them why little buggies shouldn't wander into places where they're not welcome?”

 

“They're just little buggies. You shouldn't be so afraid of them, you know they can't hurt you.” Her daughter's voice plays in Amanda's head as she remembers their recent discussion in the kitchen. “You know you're like... thousands of times bigger than them. They should be the ones afraid of you, not the other way around.”

 

Amanda sighs. “Okay. Okay, maybe you're right, dear. Go and grab the broom for me.”

 

Claire laughs. “The broom? What do you need the broom for?”

 

“To get rid of the ants. Go get it for me and I'll sweep them up.”

 

“Mom! You don't need the broom! Maybe you need a better look at them. They're so small it's pathetic. Come on, stand a little closer to them and see for yourself.”

 

Reluctantly, Amanda takes a couple steps towards the tiny beings in the center of the room before standing still again. Claire giggles. “Get closer than that, Mom, come on.” Her mother takes a deep breath before moving forward once more.

 

 

The men remain frozen in amazement as the gigantic woman makes her way towards them. The bottoms of her feet peel away from the linoleum floor as she lifts them and with every footstep they slap back down with enough weight and force behind them to cause tremors powerful enough to shake the earth for the tiny men ahead.

 

One final step places Amanda's feet directly in front of them. Much like the rest of her body, her feet are like shorter, slightly less elegant versions of her daughter's, and of a wider shape in comparison. Her pudgy toes would probably appear quite cute under normal circumstances, but in their current situation, the gargantuan extremities do nothing more for the men than incite fear. The group soaks in the heat radiating off of her feet and the scent of sweat begins to mix in with the air that they breathe.

 

Amanda looks down at her toes. Her nails are coated in a beautiful dark purple polish. Just inches in front of them, the mites remain perfectly still as she gazes down on them. She watches them curiously, the entire group of them standing in the small area of shade created in front of her toes which stand much taller than any of the creatures. “What's wrong with them? Why are they just standing there?”

 

“I don't know. Maybe they found some food and they're eating it. Some sugar or a crumb or something.”

 

“Fine, no broom, then. Just let me slip into my shoes and I'll-”

 

“Ughhh, Mom! Come on! You don't need a broom, you don't need shoes, you don't need anything!” They're ants! Compared to them, every part of your body is a weapon of mass destruction! Stop worrying and just take care of them!”

 

“So... you want me to just... step on them?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“With no shoes?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“But-”

 

“Look at how tiny they are! You won't even feel them, Mom! I promise. Just a few small steps and your kitchen will be bug-free, just like you like it, and you might even have fun getting it that way!”

 

“Well, I... I don't know...” With much hesitation and great trepidation, Amanda slightly lifts her foot from the floor and begins slowly inching it forward.

 

“Come on, Mom. You can do this, I know you can!”

 

 

 

On the ground, with the exception of Martin, the men begin backing away as the woman's right foot travels forward, closing the distance between them and it. Her big toe spreads apart from the others and hovers directly above Martin as the titanic foot stops creeping closer. If the girl had scaled his bus down again to match his current size, the length of the entire vehicle could easily fit in the fleshy valley forged by the spreading of the woman's toes. Martin looks up at the enormous bulbous digit and snorts before turning around to face the other men as they continue to slowly retreat. “Are you guys kidding me? We're perfectly safe. A bunch of big strong football players, and you're afraid of this middle-aged woman? Unbelievable.”

 

“She thinks we're ants, man!” says one of the other men. “That other bitch has her thinking we're bugs! How the hell are we safe?!”

 

“Because, you idiot, she's a woman! Every woman I've ever known, they've all gone out of their way to avoid touching a bug. Now will you guys come back here and relax? Everything is going to be fine.”

 

 

Without any warning, Amanda's big toe drops to the floor, burying Martin beneath an unfathomable mass of flesh and creating a tremor that knocks all the other men to ground. Just as quickly as it had fallen, her toe rises again and she pulls her foot back, dropping it where it rested before she inched it forward less than a moment ago. A red stain occupies the spot where the massive toe just pulled away from, leading the rest of the men to the conclusion that whatever else remains of Martin must be stuck to the woman's soft skin.

 

“Oh, Shit! Shit!” The men scream and shout as they get back on their feet. “Everybody run, now!”

 

 

 

“I... I got one. I got one!” Amanda looks to her daughter and smiles. “One was standing there by itself and I got it! You were right, I couldn't even feel anything!

 

“Mom, look!” Claire points to the floor, returning her mother's attention back to the puny creatures at her feet. “See, now they're the ones that are afraid. Don't let them get away!”

 

 

The woman raises her right foot and moves it forward once more, much faster than the previous time. Rather than inching forward, it soars through the air, effortlessly catching up with the tiny men as they attempt to flee below. Gliding towards them, it appears to the men to be longer from heel to toe than the length of the world's largest aircraft. Thomas looks over his shoulder and watches with horror as the gigantic foot travels towards the group. “Faster! Run faster!” he yells. Oh, god, no...”

 

In less than a second, the woman's soft, pale sole looms directly above them, darkening their sky and replacing it with an ocean of deep wrinkles hovering just overhead. “Spread out! Disperse! Move, now!” yells Thomas.

 

The fleshy ceiling slowly descends. Many of the men narrowly avoid being extinguished, darting out of the way just as Amanda's foot makes contact with the ground. For several others, her foot is simply too immense in comparison to their bodies. There just isn't enough time for them to run out from underneath her wrinkled sole before it crashes down. Her soft flesh expands, oozing onto the floor as the weight placed on her foot is increased. Those whom managed to avoid her footfall are swept up in the violent gust of wind it generates and tossed roughly back down to the ground, their bodies scattered all around the woman's feet.

 

 

 

“You missed some, Mom! You have to be faster than that!”

 

Amanda laughs, her eyes glued to the floor. “I know, I know. I'm still getting used to it, dear.”

 

 

 

The men pick themselves up once again, their bodies aching from the abuse they've taken fighting for their lives at the feet of an ordinary woman completely oblivious to the seriousness of the situation that she is in and the severity of the chaos she is brewing with every move she makes.

 

Thomas gets to his feet and quickly assesses his surroundings as his ears take in the frantic screaming of the other men and booming laughter coming from above. To his right, the massive biological force of destruction that has already delivered doom to several of his teammates. To his left, an enormous kitchen table, possibly his only chance at shelter and survival. He takes one more look to his right and bolts off in the other direction.

 

 

The first man on the bus to roll down his window and yell at Claire stares into the sky and gazes upon the woman's face. Her expression terrifies him. It's as though she's enjoying herself. He knows he has no chance of outrunning her. None of them can. She's just too massive compared to them. The man knows that if she locks her eyes onto him or any of the others and decides they're her target, there's nothing they can do to escape their doom. However, currently her vision seems fixed directly in front of her feet. Perhaps it would be possible for him to sneak behind her and run for safety while she's distracted with the others.

 

 

“Mom! One is escaping!”

 

“Where?!”

 

“Behind you, look!” shouts Claire, pointing to the ground. “Quick, get him!”

 

 

Running at full speed, the man barely makes it to the back of the gigantic foot before his plan is foiled. “Ah, shit! Thanks, bitch!” he yells, frustrated. He raises one arm and brandishes his middle finger for anyone standing behind him. Already beginning to tire out, he continues on, trying to push himself harder, hanging on to the hope of getting to cover.

 

 

Amanda turns her head so that she can see behind her. She quickly spots one of the mites running across the floor, currently no more than a few inches away from her. “Oh no you don't” she says, smiling as she lifts her right foot off of the ground and swings it backwards through the air.

 

 

The man continues running as a shadow envelops his body. Never slowing down, he turns and looks to the sky to see how much distance is left between himself and certain doom. He's quite unimpressed with the answer. He finds himself directly beneath the back of the woman's foot. Further up, he can see an anklet with jewels swinging high above his head like glamourized wrecking balls. Faster than the man can even realize what's about to happen, the woman slams her heel to the floor, instantly crushing him beneath it.

 

 

“Gotcha!” Amanda exclaims happily as she turns her attention back to the area in front of her.

 

 

Thomas reaches his destination. He's checked over his shoulders countless times and can't believe he's actually made it across the floor and to the table. Even though he's one of the fastest members of the team, he probably never could have safely reached this spot if it wasn't for one of the other men distracting the giant woman. He runs behind one of the legs of the monolithic structure and drops to his knees to catch his breath.

 

 

Three specks moving on her right catch Amanda's attention. “Safety in numbers, huh? We'll see about that” she says as she locks her eyes onto the fleeing insects and turns her whole body to the side.

 

 

 

Still catching his breath, Thomas leans slightly out from his position behind the table leg to see what's going on. The woman has repositioned herself and now stands directly in front of him with her back to the table. He breathes a sigh of relief, knowing he should still be safe... for now, at least.

 

Thomas watches as the woman lifts her gargantuan right foot again, revealing the sight of three of his teammates far off in the distance that her appendage had been blocking from his vision. Her foot soars through the air, quickly passing over the three men as they continue running beneath her wrinkled sole. Thomas watches on, able to see everything from his spot beneath the table as the woman tilts her foot at an angle in the air. Next, she plants her toes down onto the ground ahead of the three men while her heel hangs high in the air far behind them.

 

With their path blocked by a fleshy barricade, the three men quickly turn around and begin running in the opposite direction. Thomas watches as they run, screaming as they work to get out from beneath the woman.

 

When they're nearly out from beneath her heel, the woman begins to very slowly pull her foot backwards with her heel still in the air and her toes planted firmly on the ground, sliding them across the floor.

 

“Oh shit! Shit!” yells Thomas, still watching in horror as the deadly mass of flesh closes in on three of his teammates in front of his very eyes. Though she's moving slowly, her size advantage helps the woman's foot easily catch up with the men.

 

Their actions are futile. None of the men have a chance of outrunning their demise. In mere seconds, the gigantic toes are upon them, sweeping over the three men like a steamroller and dragging further back over the linoleum floor, smearing the tiny bodies and leaving a crimson trail in their wake.

 

Thomas unleashes a flurry of kicks and punches into the table leg in front of him, screaming as he does so. He only stops when he hears the voice of his best friend, Marcus, calling out to him from somewhere in the distance. “Marcus?! Where are you?” From beneath the table, his eyes scan the kitchen for any sign of his friend.

 

“I'm over here!” yells Marcus, far too close to the colossal woman's right foot for comfort. “I'm gonna try to make it over to you!”

 

“Come on, come on!” Chants Thomas anxiously as he watches his friend running as fast as he can across the floor and towards him. Several other men are still running in all directions as the giant woman scrutinizes them from above, planning her next move.

 

 

Marcus makes it halfway to the safety of the kitchen table before the woman moves her feet again. Gazing up, he is relieved to see that she doesn't appear to be looking at him, but focusing her attention on another man instead. Unfortunately, the man is running straight towards him, which means the woman's eyes will soon be fixed on him!

 

 

Thomas looks on, already aware of what's happening. The woman lines her foot up in the air and slams it down with a sickening thud. “NOOOOOOOO!” screams Thomas. The woman raises her foot again and the two men he just watched running from it are nowhere to be seen. Thomas drops to the floor in despair.

 

The next few moments are a blur for him. Seated with his back against the table leg, Thomas closes his eyes and does his best to block out the sounds of the heavy footfalls of the enormous woman. Tremors ripple through his body. The drop of a toe here, the slam of a heel there, each action causing the number of his teammates to dwindle down to nothing.

 

 

 

“I did it! I don't see anymore of the little creepy-crawlies, I got them all!” exclaims a smiling Amanda.

 

“See, I knew you could do it! I'm so proud of you, Mom!”

 

Amanda crosses the kitchen and embraces her daughter. The two women step into the hallway. “You were right, sweetie, I didn't feel a thing! But I bet they sure did.” She laughs and lifts a leg, resting one hand on the wall to balance herself as she grabs her right foot with the other and exposes her sole. “Yuck! They're pretty messy for such tiny things, aren't they? I'm gonna take a shower and get cleaned up.”

 

“Okay, Mom. So does this mean you're over your fear of bugs? Maybe next time you see a spider you won't scream and yell for help?”

 

“EWWW, goodness, no! These were just ants! Spiders?! Spiders can kill people!” Claire laughs. “I'm not going anywhere near a spider, and that is why you still won't see me setting foot in the attic!”

 

“Good.” Claire mutters under her breath.

 

“What? Asks Amanda.

 

“Hmm? Oh, nothing. I just guess if you're going to insist on being afraid of spiders, maybe it's best if you stay down here. There are a lot of them up there.”

 

“Well I need to wash my feet. Can you do me a favor and clean the floor a bit for me? I don't want to step in any more little buggie guts after my shower.”

 

“Sure, Mom.”

 

“Thanks, dear. See you soon!” says Amanda before walking down the hall and off towards the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The giantesses have retreated from the kitchen. Thomas remains leaning against the table with his head between his knees, his body trembling. He was, quite literally, the sole survivor. (Sorry, I couldn't resist) How could the girl do this, he wonders? How could someone so beautiful be capable of doing something so heinous? And to think, less than an hour ago he found himself attracted to her, so much so that he had found himself waiting for the opportunity to exchange phone numbers.

 

A coughing sound in the distance startles him and Thomas snaps his attention towards its point of origin, the center of the kitchen.

 

“Th... Thomas... You there?” a voice calls out before coughing again.

 

“Hello?!” Yells Thomas, getting to his feet.

 

“Thomas, it's me.” Laying on the floor, Marcus raises an arm and waves to his friend.

 

“Marcus! You're alive?! How?! I saw her foot come down and you were gone!”

 

 

Marcus sits up and takes a moment before standing to his feet. The distance between the two friends is so great that they must shout to communicate with one another. “Nah, man. Giant women with dirty ol' feet? It'll take more than that to kill me, you know that.”

 

Thomas smiles, amazed and overwhelmed with joy upon finding that he's not alone in his situation. “Seriously, man, how are you not a stain on the floor?”

 

“I almost was. I was coming over there towards you and some idiot start running straight for me. Next thing I know, she's looking at the guy, getting ready to take him out. So she slams her foot down after him. I don't know if she even sees me but BLAM her foot hits the ground and I'm blown backwards. I'm laying there, wind knocked out of me... so I played possum. And you know, man, it worked!”

 

“So what's our plan now? You think whatever that girl zapped us with is gonna wear off or are we stuck like this or what? What should we do?”

 

“I don't know, man, but-”

 

 

 

The slapping and clacking sound of approaching flip flops echoes through the room as Claire enters the kitchen. The colossal girl walks to the sink and grabs a paper towel, briefly holding it under the faucet and running water over it. “Ah, shit!” yells Thomas. “Get under here, now! Run!” He positions himself behind the table leg again and leans out, motioning with his arm for his friend to hurry.

 

 

 

Claire lowers herself to the ground and wipes at the floor with her paper towel, focusing the majority of her effort on the spots where she had watched her mother step. In the distance she can hear water beginning to run in the bathroom, knowing that as it flows down the drain, so too will any other remaining evidence of what transpired here in her kitchen today.

 

As she wipes at the floor, a tiny speck catches her eye, moving across the ground at her side. Her mouth drops open and she leans in for a closer look before smiling.

 

Marcus stops running, paralyzed with fear as the beautiful young woman's face fills his sky. “Well well well, thought you could get away, little fella?” Her words boom down onto him and he is washed in her warm breath. “Sorry, little guy, but getting away... that's not part of the game” she says, pouting. She reaches a hand towards him, and Marcus begins running frantically away from her and towards the table.

 

“Come on, faster, faster! Screams Thomas, watching in terror as the gargantuan hand moves towards his best friend. Marcus doesn't even make it halfway to the table before the girl's fingers catch up with him. She turns the back of her hand towards the floor and scoops the pathetic speck of a man up with her index fingernail before standing up.

 

Claire lifts her finger to he face to get a look at her passenger. He's so tiny, she can barely recognize him as a human being, even when he's just mere inches away from her eyes. She giggles as she watches him desperately trying to keep still and avoid falling from her nail and thousands of feet to the floor below.

 

“Come on, little guy. I know the perfect place for you!” She begins walking through the kitchen and stops when she reaches the back door. She kneels down and starts lowering her hand towards something which causes Marcus to scream and wave his arms in desperation.

 

“Please! Please, no! Please don't do this, just let me live!” His pleas are useless, at his current size, even if the girl were willing to listen, she wouldn't be able to hear his words. “Please, I won't tell anyone what happened here, just let me go!” Marcus is frantic as the girl lowers her finger down into a woman's sneaker. Claire tilts her finger and the tiny man drops from it, the soft insole below cushioning his fall. He rises to his feet and jumps up and down, begging again for her to not let this be his fate, to no avail.

 

“And now, you play the waiting game!” says Claire before returning to her full height and standing over the tiny man trapped in one of her mother's pink sneakers. “Bye bye, little man!” she says, waving her fingers cutely before turning around and walking away, her long black hair flowing gently behind her. She tosses the paper towel into the trash and exits the kitchen.

 

Thomas watches the whole thing in shock. After the gigantic girl leaves the room and her booming footsteps decrease in volume as she ventures to another part of the house, he bolts out from beneath the table and towards the obnoxiously pink pair of shoes at the end of the kitchen in which his best friend is currently being held captive.

 

 

 

 

Somewhere in the state, on a football field basking in warm sunlight, a rival football team grows frustrated as they await the arrival of their opponents. Little do they know, without even having set foot on the field, their competition has already been crushed.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

This was a very difficult chapter to write, even when I had the time to work on it. I wanted everything to be as perfect as I could possibly make it. I hope I've crafted something here that people will enjoy. I know some people won't like the violence, and I know some will want more of it, haha. 

So, did anyone predict what was going to happen here based on the last update? Or were you surprised?

I found it weird going back in and working on a story that takes place in the summer with characters wearing things like shorts and flip flops, meanwhile I'm typing indoors, wearing three layers and still cold, haha.

So... a big worry for me with this chapter is Claire. I really want her to remain a character that people like. But I know after this, the opinion a lot of people have of her is likely to change. She's still fun... she's not evil, right? She just wanted to help her mother get over her fear of bugs. That's not THAT bad, right? RIGHT?

I really hope to hear from people after they read this chapter. Please let me know what you thought, how you feel about what's going on in the story, and I'd love to hear your predictions on what you think will come next!

 

ALSO, I'd still REALLY love to see someone bring this story to life visually! I know someone out there reading this is talented with drawing, making collages, etc, it would be awesome to see something created based on this story and these characters! I've talked to a lot of people about this but so far nobody's risen to the challenge. :( Come on, people, make it happen!