- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

I've decided to split this chapter I've been working on into two chapters. I'm taking a large chunk of what I have written so far and adding it now because it might be a while before I can wrap it up, and it's already been over a week since I added something here, I thought people might like to see another update sooner rather than later. 

I was off to what I consider to be a good start with this chapter. I worked on it a little here and there for a couple days, then got lazy again. And now I've come down with some sort of cold and I can't really get into the writing mood while I'm sick so it might be a couple more days before I can get back to work on the rest of the chapter. Now this isn't something that's keeping me from writing but it's pretty ridiculous so I want to mention it... Last night I hurt the roof of my mouth on a Pringle. Anyways, I hope you enjoy what I have written so far, and I want to get back to wrapping up the rest of the chapter as soon as I feel up to it.

 

 

 

 

Beneath the shade of a mighty oak tree, Claire's body rests calmly as she sits in the grass and enjoys the fresh air of another beautiful June afternoon. She often comes to this spot to relax, it's only a short walk away from her house and there's always something calming to her about leaning against the sturdy old tree and watching as the cars drive past on the road not far in front of her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thomas finds himself quite bored as the yellow school bus his team has rented chugs along down the road towards its far-off destination. He sits in the middle of the bus with his large black duffel bag full of his equipment next to him. In the seat to his left, his best friend Marcus struggles to get comfortable.

 

A couple years after graduating high school, Thomas and Marcus really only missed one thing about it. Football. Their desire to get back on the field and play the game again eventually became so great that the two joined a local men's league. Fast forward a couple years further, and here they are today, in their early twenties, cramped inside a rented bus transporting nearly thirty men to yet another game.

 

“You ready to pick up another win, my man?” asks Marcus, leaning over to speak with his friend.

 

“Definitely. This year is ours. We're gonna crush the competition.”

 

Marcus laughs. “Man, maybe if we actually start winning some games we can start traveling in style. I'm getting real tired of being chauffeured around in this yellow tin can. This isn't at all what a man of my excellence should be showing up to games in, you know what I mean?”

 

Thomas can't help but laugh. “Yep, yep, a man of your excellence. Somebody should be pushing you around in a wheelbarrow and dumping your ass on the field when you get there.”

 

“Oh come on, man, that's cold” says Marcus after laughing again. Something outside the right windows catches his attention. “Hey, check it out, gorgeous girl at three o'clock.”

 

Thomas turns and peers out through the window. His eyes take in the sight of a beautiful young woman resting on the lawn. But perhaps beautiful is an understatement. Her long black hair is swept up in a gentle breeze and brushes softly against the porcelain skin of her face as she sits beneath the shade of a large tree. She appears to be very close in age to Thomas, maybe just a couple of years younger. He continues staring, admiring her gracious beauty as the bus passes by her and continues traveling down the road.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An unpleasant sound greets Claire's ears and its source is soon discovered as a large yellow bus appears. The vehicle approaches from the left, and it rumbles and groans all the way past her as it travels down the road. Suddenly it's as if she has lost control over her body as her right hand enters her pocket. The vehicle is so large, easily many times bigger than herself. There's something growing inside her, a need, a need to see how the yellow behemoth would look if it were cut down to size. With Michael's device in her hand, she extends her arm, shaking with excitement. Aiming for the bus as it continues steadily rolling down the road and away from her, Claire pulls back on the trigger.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Martin hits the brakes, bringing the bus to a screeching halt as the entire world around him changes instantly. In all his days of being a bus driver, he's seen some strange things. It comes with the job when you're paid to drive the likes of bratty children, and today's precious cargo, overgrown musclebound children, from point A to point B. Yet he's never encountered anything quite this bizarre in any of his previous journeys. He finds himself surrounded on all sides by a seemingly endless plain of pavement.

 

Behind him, the passengers begin to grow rambunctious. They've risen from their seats. Something outside has driven their attention to the right side of the bus, where they flock to the windows for a better look.

 

“Everyone, please, return to your seats!” yells Martin, attempting to calm the men down, still unaware of just what could have sent them into such a frenzy. Suddenly a great booming sound is birthed from not far off behind the bus. Accompanying it is a loud clapping-like sound. The two noises are the first in a series of many, each time they repeat they grow greater in volume. Martin knows this can only mean one thing, whatever is making them draws nearer.

 

“What is this? What is going on here?” Martins says to himself as he thinks over the possibilities. “An earthquake? Thunder? But it's so bright out...” he says as he turns off the engine and rises from his seat to take a look outside for himself. “Not a cloud in the sky, it can't be a storm.”

 

Without warning, a massive object descends from the heavens and crashes down hard onto the earth just outside the windows. The shock jolts them and all any of the men inside the bus can manage to utter is a resounding “What the fuck?!”

 

It doesn't take long for the men to realize what the object is. Right outside their windows, atop a monolithic flip flop rests a female foot. A gigantic female foot, longer from toe to heel than the entire length of the bus. The skin looks unbelievably soft, and the elevated height of the bus gives the men glued to the windows a stunning view of every perfect nail on each enormous toe, all of them coated in a deep black polish which reflects the glimmering sunlight shining down onto them.

 

The foot is lifted from the ground and pulled forwards. It soars through the air and crashes back down to the pavement in front of the bus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Claire slides the device back into her pocket as she rises from her resting spot beneath the tree. She wipes at her body with her hands, clearing away any grass or dirt that may have become stuck to her. As she walks along the pavement, she scans the area in front of her in search of the now much smaller vehicle. She knows she must be quick about finding it. Although this isn't a busy road, the possibility of another car driving by at any moment still exists.

 

Her eyes fall upon the shrunken bus, it remains stationary a few feet in front of her. The driver must have found himself at the bottom of a pit of shock and confusion after being shrunk and brought the whole thing to a stop. The sight of it, a once great beast of a vehicle now reduced to the size of a child's toy excites her and brings a radiant smile to her face.

 

Claire knows she should be wasting no time in retrieving her prize, but there's one temptation she simply cannot resist. She lifts her right foot into the air and with great care she aims it perfectly before bringing it back down to the ground. She plants it onto the pavement parallel to the right side of the bus, leaving mere inches between her skin and the vehicle. Her mind races as she tries to imagine how incredibly powerful she appears to its tiny occupants during her little display of dominance. She leaves her foot still for a few seconds before taking another step and bringing her body to a kneeling position over the front of the bus.

 

“What happened here?!” Claire asks, feigning surprise with her voice as she talks down to the bus, her face too high above them for anyone inside to observe the lack of concern on it. “You were driving down the road and all of a sudden you shrunk! Let me get you out of the road and into safety!”

 

Claire lowers her right hand down towards the bus and her dainty fingers wrap nearly halfway around the middle of the vehicle as she takes it into her grasp. The front and back protrude from her grip due to its size. It's much larger than any of the shrunken automobiles she's handled in her attic, including Jim's truck. With the bus secured, Claire begins the walk back to her home.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Alright, uh... so there's that. Thanks for reading, Let me know what you think!