- Text Size +

Chapter 3

The door opens and shuts countless times over the next few days, most of the time, Jake is simply ignored.  But twice Claudia has stared down at Jake for a long time, her eyes possessing a hunger which causes the tiny confection to fear for his life, or whatever it is that he was living.  He thinks about the peanut butter, and the milk.  He had seen her during her binges, usually when she had her “friend” as she called it.  She had a very set way of eating chocolate,  She would sit at the kitchen table, with a tall glass of milk, a plate, and gobs of peanut butter.

She would nibble on it, savoring every last bit, and just kind of unwind throughout the whole experience.  It worked so well, that he would usually buy her chocolate when he sensed her time coming.  But now, here he was, the chocolate, and her denial was so fierce that the fridge started to feel like death row.  He had thought of trying to escape long and hard, but there was so much working against him, like the thick plastic baggie that he finds himself in.  He laughs a bit, even if he got out of the fridge, and then her apartment, he’d slowly melt away.  

That is if he did not freeze up when someone else came near him.

No, there was to be no escape.

The fridge opens and Claudia is standing over him in Pink pajamas, the soft glow of the living room light the only illumination in the apartment.  Her hand carelessly snatches the bag from the shelf and she unrolls it, bringing it up to her face.  Jake looks on in terror, the ground hundreds of feet below, her orange toenails wiggling a little bit.  Jake felt longing mixing with his terror, he loved her feet, he used to rub them, they were so tiny, now they were like cars.

“Hello sweetie.” she says, giggling and rocking the bag back and forth a little bit.  Jake snaps his head forward as she struggles to sit up, Claudia’s face filling his vision.

“They still haven’t found him, but not to worry, they will, he’s out there, I’m sure of it.”  She says confidently.  Each time she talks Jake is given a front row seat to her perfect teeth, each one as large as his torso.  He whimpers and pushes his hands desperately against the plastic.  

“I’m here Claudia, please, listen to me... please...” he whispers as Claudia looks down on him hungrily.

But you, you are driving me insane, I don’t know if I am going crazy, but there is no way you exist.  So...” She trails off, slowly licking her lips.

“No, Claudia! No! Nooooo!” He shouts, desperately clawing at the bag.  

Claudia simply giggles.

“Don’t be scared, it’s not like you didn’t have it coming, looking so sweet and delicious.” she coos as she grabs the gallon of milk, and the peanut butter, bringing all three items over to the table, and gently setting them down.

As she stands up and walks over to the cabinet to grab a plate, her phone rings.    

“Hello.” she says as she opens the door with her free hand, grabbing a large porcelain dinner plate and setting it on the table next to Jake, who is scrambling to the front of the bag, desperately trying to peel it apart.

“I see” she says into the phone, coldly as she opens another cabinet, grabbing a small glass, which she also sets on the table.  She opens a cabinet draw and grabs a large spoon, finally sitting down in front of Jake, her torso towering over him like a house.

“Well, thank you very much.” She says before putting the phone down on the table.

“They found Jake, he is down at the hospital, turns out they found him stumbling on the side of the road, so they took him there.” she says, her voice relieved.

“Which means YOU.” she says sternly as he lifts the bag up, breaking the seal and slipping her fingers inside. “My little buttercup, is me going crazy.”  She says as she pinches the tiny piece of chocolate between her thumb and forefinger.  Jake screams as her body heat rips into his skin, causing wide swatches of it to become slightly softer as he is placed on the plate.  

“And since you won’t go away on your own, you leave me little choice.” she giggles as she knocks Jake over onto his back.  Jake’s lower lips quiver as he stares up at his once petite girlfriend, who now towers over him.  She was preparing to devour him, like so many other pieces of chocolate before.

“Please, don’t eat me!” He begs as he pushes his tiny hands into her finger, leaving small smudges of chocolate behind.  Claudia simply raises her finger to her mouth and shoves it inside, pulling it out with a loud smacking noise.  “mmmm” she moans as she uncaps the gallon of milk, pouring some of it into the glass.

She unscrews the peanut butter and digs the spoon inside, lowering it down onto the plate and tapping off a gob large enough to bury Jake’s entire body.  He stands up and attempts to run towards the side of the plate, only to have the spoon block his path, the peanut butter slathered indent coming almost as tall as he is.

“And where do you think you’re going? You’re not going anywhere except into my tummy!” she giggles as she moves the spoon towards him, backing him up towards the huge gob of peanut butter.  

“Good thing you’re so itty bitty, I should really be getting to the hospital.”  She says emphatically as Jake falls backwards into the cold spread.  He struggles to get up, but finds that his tiny body creates a suction, which engulfs him further as he struggles uselessly, entrapping him up to his waist.

“Oopsie!” Her gigantic voice booms down, playfully as she picks up the glass of milk, taking a large sip, before placing it back down onto the table, with a low thunk.  Jake looks down for a moment and then looks back up at Claudia’s face, a milk mustache clinging to her upper lip, which she wipes away.  Her fingers come down and pinch his tiny upper body between them, lifting him before her huge mouth.  Her index finger runs down his legs as they cycle air, collecting the sticky peanut butter.  She shoves the finger into her mouth again and sucks it off, removing the finger with a loud smacking sound, yet again. “Mmmm...” She moans as she moves his torso towards her lips, her tongue snaking out and licking his tiny face.

Jake screams out in pure pain as the saliva from her tongue sticks to his cheek, burning through it like acid.  “Don’t no, no, no, no!” He screams as he kicks his legs, pushing his hands against her thumbprint, which slip around the large canvas, leaving chocolaty smears.  Jake realizes at this point that this was going to happen, he was nothing but chocolate to her, and she was going to eat him, and there was nothing he could do to stop her.   

“Look at those little tiny fingers, aww.” she says as she smacks her lips.  

“Oh, you’re messy...” she giggles as she moves her mouth to his tiny hand, her teeth clamping down on all five fingers of his right hand.  He instinctively pulls away but finds that the sheer strength of her teeth are no match for his puny arm.  Jake experiences the most pain he has ever felt in his life as all five fingers are severed from his hand.  He screams hysterically and pulls his digitless hand back, noticing that there is no blood.  

There is simply solid chocolate.  

“Oh god, so good.” Claudia moans to herself as her jaw gyrates a tiny bit.  Jake finds himself lowered towards the peanut butter, his whole arm being slathered through the sticky substance before he is lifted before Claudia’s hungry face again, her eyes glazed over, and her lips filling his vision.  Her lips part again, this time, most of his arm is thrust inside, resting on the tip of her tongue.  Claudia’s merciless teeth instantly chomp down, easily separating his entire arm from his body.  Jake again cries out in agony as his body is lowered towards the plate.  He is set down and writhes about in agony, clutching at the stub that was once his arm.  Claudia takes another sip of milk and let’s out a contented “Ahh” before her fingertips come down and clamp onto his left foot.

“And these little feeties!” She coos as she twists his left foot clean off of his body, lifting it to her giant lips and slipping it through.  She closes her eyes for a brief moment before opening them and smiling, Jake hears his tiny foot crunch a little bit before he watches his giant girlfriend swallow.  The look on her giant face as she gazed down on Jake was ravenous, he had seen that look many times, but this was different, it was trained on him...

Claudia stares down silently as her thumb and forefinger lift him up by his head, dipping his left leg into the peanut butter and lifting him hundreds of feet in the air.   She tilts her head back and opens her mouth.  A heat wave hits his entire body, causing him to writhe in pain, his body slowly moving towards complete shock.  His leg is clamped between her teeth and ruthlessly separated from his body.   Without a word Claudia sticks his other leg inside her hot, torturous death chamber of a mouth, and servers it clean from the tiny chocolate morsel.  

Through his pain Jake did note that Claudia was no longer speaking to him, it was the final stage he felt, of his purpose on this planet.  He was food, and she was eating him.

He again finds himself on the surface of the plate, desperately trying to crawl away on his stomach with his remaining limb.  Claudia takes another sip of milk before placing an index finger on his tiny back, sliding him towards the peanut butter.  He can feel his leg sink into the substance before he is lifted again, his torso mashed between her relentless fingertips.  His leg is quickly lowered between her lips, and separates painfully just as the others have.  he is completely immobilized, his torso and head the only things remaining.  

Jake watches as Claudia grips him by each flank, lowering him into the peanut butter on his back. She pushes him back and forth as he stares up at her, his eyes and mouth wide.  Claudia whips her hair out of her face as she lifts him off of the plate, the suction creating a tiny little wet pop.  Her lips rush up and he is instantly inside of her mouth, bobbing up and down on her tongue.  He is tossed around helplessly for a few moments, his body painfully melting onto her tastebuds.

Finally he finds himself laying on his stomach between her teeth. The pressure on what remains of his body quickly building until his torso gives under the weight.  He opens his mouth one last time to scream, but his head is quickly crushed, instantly ending his life.  His gooey remains are swished around inside Claudia’s mouth as she downs the rest of her milk, and puts everything back into the fridge.

She quickly dresses herself and heads for the hospital.  On the ride over, she smacks her lips, the rich flavour of her snack lingering through the whole ride.  She enters the hospital and is quickly admitted to see Jake.  She opens the door and smiles, knowing her love was alive and well.

An old man looks up from the bed, turning to her with a grimace on his face.

“Who the hell are you?” he says rudely.

“I’m Claudia, there must be some mix up, is this room nine?” she asks, stammering a bit.

“Yes this is room nine, didn’t you see the number on the door?” he asks gruffly.

“Yes? Ja-Jake?” she asks, the terror inside of her slowly growing.

“Yeah, that’s me.” He says “Who the hell are you? What are you doing in my room?” he says a bit angrily.

“Oh, god, I have to go!” she stammers, stumbling out of the door and sprinting out of the hospital.

She runs into Jake’s car, and sits down in the drivers seat, whimpering.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!” she screeches at the top of her lungs, sobbing hysterically.

“I’m a murderer...” she whimpers starting the car.  She drives for a few minutes, until she comes across the winding hill that they had descended that fateful night.  She drives up it calmly, wiping a stray tear from her face.  When she reaches their usual spot she sits back in the seat and rummages through a stack of CDs.  She puts one in and soft music plays, she smiles a bit as she smacks her lips.  “It’s our song baby... It’s our song...” she whimpers.

She jams the car into drive and slams on the gas, rocketing off of the cliff face.  The car tumbles down the hill, and lands at it’s base, smashed to pieces.