- Text Size +

  As Amanda was walking back out, her teacher asked her, “Amanda, I don’t think you’ve signed up for the spring recital yet.” Amanda told her, “No I haven’t Mrs. Johnson, I get really bad stage fright. And I’m not sure if I can.” “Amanda, you’re a great dancer, you’ve worked hard for this”. Amanda replied, “Thank you Mrs. Johnson, I guess I can do it”. Later on back at home, Amanda pulled Jordan out of her pocket so she could change back into her regular clothes. He asked her about the recital, and said that he’d love to see her. She said, “The last time I danced at a recital, I was up on stage and I started to gag”. I don’t ever want to do that again.

 

  Later on, she was eating dinner, and Jordan was in her pocket. He peaked out of her pocket, to see something a little disturbing for someone his size. He watched as she lifted the chicken onto her tongue, and just mutilated it by chewing, He was scared to death that something like that would happen to him. All it would take, is just one slip, or one fall off of her head, and he would go from a full working body, to being digested into a little brown turd, to be flushed away.

 

  A week went by, and suddenly it was the night of the recital. Amanda stood behind the curtains, occasionally peeking through them to see all the people watching. She pulled Jordan out and asked him what to do. He said, “Just go out there and be yourself”. Amanda set him down on a table and walked over to get ready. Jordan wanted to get a better view, so he started climbing up what he thought was an empty cup. But when he got to the top, he fell in a glass of water. Frantically swimming around trying to get out, he knew he was in trouble. Suddenly, one of the stage manager’s picked the glass up. Jordan started screaming, but no one could hear him. All of the sudden he stared face to face with a familiar but scary picture. He was about an inch away from Amanda’s braces.

 

  Someone yelled, “Amanda, You’re on”. She tipped the cup up, and Jordan started to scream, “AMANDA STOP! YOU’RE GOING TO KILL ME! STOP”! Jordan was immediately hit by her tongue, and he was swished around inside her mouth, until he was face to face with her esophagus. He started sliding, until he was practically in a free fall. He fell into something that was like water, but burned immediately on contact. He knew that Amanda was about to digest him, and she didn’t even know. Jordan could hear her stomach squeeze and destroy the remains of her dinner. Outside, Amanda was up on stage dancing, and all of the sudden started to gag. Jordan felt a strong jolt, and was suddenly propelled upwards at a rapid speed. He immediately found himself on the floor, covered in digestive juices, and saw Amanda run behind the curtains. He tried to catch up with her, running as fast as he could.

 

  He finally did, and started tugging at her sock. She picked him up, and cleaned him off, sat him down on a table, and just buried her hands in her face. She couldn’t deal with this anymore, She loved Jordan, but after all the shit she’d put him through, she knew that he couldn’t feel the same way. Jordan tried to tell her otherwise, but she wouldn’t listen. Finally he was able to talk her back down, and talk her back into going outside.

 

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter is where things may or may not start to resolve for Jordan.