- Text Size +
The pair walked through the vast complex together, before finally arriving at the S.I.N. armory. The building was vast, packed to bursting with weapons of all sorts, from blades, to firearms, to experimental weapons. Bigger weapons lined the walls, absolutely none of them legal. Still, it was a room Juri had fond memories of. Years ago, the people that worked here had created the Feng Shui engine, the machinery that replaced her then-missing left eye.

“A-And then she dropped the box, which caused...” The worker trailed off as the two turned a corner, revealing the source of the problem. A gigantic young woman sat on the floor, hugging her knees to her chest. Surrounding her, a crowd of scientists asked questions excitedly, each competing to have their question answered first.

“Ha! This is new!” Juri laughed loudly, causing the now-terrified crowd to part like an ocean in her presence. Even the center of attention, the giantess, shrank back in anxiety over the small woman's appearance.

“So what happened?” Juri asked, smiling widely.

“W-We were just bringing in some items we recovered from a Shadaloo base, to see if any of it can be used for our means.” The giant woman explained, pausing as Juri visibly bristled at the mention of Shadaloo. “A-And I dropped one of them... and... and...” She sniffed, hoping she wouldn't get into any trouble for the accident.

“Where is it?” Juri asked, excitement evident in her voice.

The giantess silently pointed to the floor. A small, unremarkable metal box, roughly the size of a textbook, lay on its side.

Juri approached excitedly, picking up the item. It was lightweight, and felt mostly hollow. Featureless metal covered all but one side, which was adorned with a simple dial. There were no labels, no indications of what it did, but Juri's mind began to swim with ideas as she thought of the machine's capabilities.

She pictured herself towering over a city. She imagined herself large enough to kick over the Eiffel Tower. Big enough to flatten the Statue of Liberty into a dollop of metal between her toes. Huge enough to crush the planet in a single fist. Great enough to become a Godd-

“She's shrinking!” One of the scientists shouted, snapping Juri out of her new daydream.

Sure enough, the giantess was shrinking back to her normal size, much to her relief and the disappointment of the crowd of scientists. Back to her regular height in less than a minute, Juri scowled. The growth wasn't permanent, severely limiting its usefulness.

“Ugh! If the growth doesn't last forever, then what's the point?” She said angrily, the light in her left eye flaring up. “This box is useless, so I'll get rid of it. And if you don't get back to work, I'll get rid of you next!” Juri threatened casually.

Following orders, the crowd dissipated in an instant. Leaving them to their devices, Juri carried the machine with her outside of the hangar. The potential this contraption carried was immense, and she laughed at the thought of Shadaloo abandoning it for such a silly reason.

So the growth didn't last forever. There was lots of things someone as talented as herself could accomplish before it wore off. She could use it to get rid of a few thorns in her side, or maybe find out where it originated, and see if there was any more information she could find on it.

Juri smiled silently, finding it hard to contain her excitement.

~~~

“We know it's a trap, and they have to know that we know it's a trap.” A broad-shouldered Caucasian man in a green jacket said. His blonde hair was spiked directly upward, seemingly defying gravity.

“Of course they do. You really think they'd ask two Interpol agents to meet in a public place without a plan?” A shorter, Chinese woman walking next to him said. Together they were quite the odd pair, drawing attention from many of the pedestrians in the marketplace.

“I can always hope.”

“This is S.I.N. we're talking about here, not some common thugs.”

“Hmph. Did we really have to dress like this won't turn into a fight though? I only like to wear this jacket for formal occasions, and I'm sure that your... outfit...” He trailed off, looking over the woman again.

“What about my outfit, Guile?” She asked, smiling at him. “We're meeting in a nice place, and I have to fit in.”

“Yeah but...” Guile said weakly. While he wore a sleek, dark-green Air Force jacket with nice slacks, Chun-Li was wearing a black sleeveless dress. A rather distressing amount of cleavage was being shown, and the slits in the dress were so wide that more of her lower body was on display than being hidden. A pair of soft wristbands and slip-on shoes completed the ensemble, drawing attention her way, much to Guile's disapproval.

“Oh forget it.” He said to himself. She looked gorgeous, he had to admit. Unfortunately looks won't help against terrorists who were likely armed. He considered asking her to reconsider her garb, but she'd denied him a dozen times already, and knew that asking again would be a wasted effort.

“What's the name of the place again?” Chun-Li asked as she came to a stop on a corner. The streets were dusty, and filled with people walking in every direction.

“It's uh...” Guile began, fishing around inside his pockets.

As he did that, Chun-Li examined the crowds around her, looking for any suspicious people. Interpol had received a message asking for her specifically, and she was assured that it wasn't an ambush. She didn't get to where she was by blindly trusting criminals though, and wanted to be fully aware of anything out of the ordinary.

“Hong Hu Jiao Zi Fang.” Guile said, struggling on his pronunciation before sticking a crumpled slip of paper back into his jacket.

“This is the place then. Keep an eye out for anything unusual.” Chun-Li said quietly, looking up at the neon sign above them. The restaurant stood out like a sore thumb, as the rest of the corner looked more like a meat market of sorts. Slabs of meat hung above caged chickens, while one man choked an upside-down chicken a bit too furiously in her opinion.

Guile leaned against a telephone pole, taking in his surroundings as well. He couldn't spot what looked like any conveniently hidden assassins, or anyone looking back at he or Chun-Li intently. It was actually pretty nice. The area was calm, and quiet, except for the tinkling bell of the occasional cyclist. Taking advantage of the peace, he pulled a comb from his slacks, quickly running it through his hair, never dropping his guard.

“Perimeter is secure.” A tinny voice announced through an earpiece hidden inside both Chun-Li and Guile's ears. Though they'd agreed to not show up with any backup, the two were taking no chances, and knew that unseen, in the shadows, a dozen men armed with weapons were waiting in case something went wrong.

Turning to face each other, the duo nodded silently and approached the doors to the restaurant.

An explosion of sound and smells blasted into them as they opened those doors and stepped inside. There were people crowded in every corner, and not a single table was available. That didn't deter some customers from simply eating their food standing up, as they chatted happily among themselves.

“Nice place.” Guile said, wondering why they'd been told to dress up for the visit.

“WHAT?” Chun-Li shouted back, not understanding what he'd said.

“NOTHING, JUST KEEP AN EYE OUT.” Guile yelled, folding his arms and leaning against a wall. He stuck out like a sore thumb among the crowd of Chinese men and women, while Chun-Li took to standing next to him, folding her arms over her considerable chest and waiting for the person they were meeting to arrive.

Minutes passed, and the pair began to grow impatient.

“THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE BY NOW.” Guile said bluntly, clenching his hands into fists in annoyance.

Chun-Li said nothing in response, but her patience was rapidly waning as well. She checked out everyone standing at the bar for the umpteenth time, still not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Juri had a rather... unique look, and should have been instantly recognizable, so where was she? The voice she'd heard was Juri, wasn't it?

Then, she saw it. A small flicker of purple light from the back of the restaurant. Tapping Guile's shoulder, she tilted her head towards the back of the restaurant, and the two hurried through the deluge of people.

Reappearing suddenly, the small streak of violet was clearly visible through the tightly packed people, and it violently pushed others aside as it moved to the restaurants exit. Afternoon sun streamed in as the door was opened, and the figure escaped outside. The duo followed behind closely, winding up in an alleyway between the restaurant and another building.

“FREEZE!” Chun-Li shouted as she and Guile stepped out into bright sunlight.

The fleeing figure stopped, and turned to face her aggressors. Her lips curled into a smile, and she let her tongue hang out a moment as her smile turned into a wide, open mouthed grin. In her hands she held a small rectangular box, and she studied her opponents for an instant before straightening up. The purple glow in her left eye receded, and she faced the officers, tightening her grip on the box as she did so.

“Juri Han you are under arrest! Drop that box and come with us!” Chun-Li shouted, pulling a pair of handcuffs out from within the considerable cleavage of her dress as Guile brandished a pistol from inside of his jacket.

“I'm under arrest?” Juri asked, pouting. “But I thought we'd agreed to a discussion, not an arrest!” She added, feigning sadness.

Chun-Li narrowed her eyes, not amused by Juri's childishness. She'd seen what the evil woman was capable of, and knew she had to be stopped before any innocent lives were endangered.

“And I wanted to show you my new toy!” Juri announced, thrusting the box forward with great pride.

Chun-Li and Guile approached more slowly, watching Juri's every movement intently.

Satisfied that she had their full attention, Juri made a grand show of twisting the dial on the box as far right as it would go, then hugging it tightly to her chest. The machine began to vibrate, and the metal became hot in her hands. Soon after, an ethereal glow overtook Juri's entire body, only faintly visible in the afternoon sun.

Fearing the worst, Chun-Li threw her handcuffs at her partner, and rushed the faintly glowing woman. Covering the distance in a second, she punted the box from below. It rocketed out of Juri's hands, and, wasting no time, Chun-Li switched to her other leg. In the blink of an eye she launched a tremendous kick at Juri's midsection, sending the glowing woman flying backwards and crashing into a wall.

Exhaling softly, Chun-Li watched as Guile reached the downed Juri in a flash, slipping the handcuffs on and lifting the still-glowing woman. They'd successfully captured a dangerous criminal! It had all seemed a little too easy though, and the pair silently regarded each other. Was it really her? Could this woman be an impostor?

It was silent for a moment as the two looked over their captured criminal. Other than the faint glow from her skin, it certainly looked like Juri. A sudden crash from behind, startled the two of them as the box Chun-Li had kicked out of Juri's hand finally hit the ground several feet behind them.