- Text Size +
Story Notes:
A commissioned piece!
“Aw, is that all you've got, Kitten? I must admit I enjoyed watching you squirm.”

Juri Han stood tall over her defeated foe, stretching her arms lazily overhead. The broken blonde at her feet hadn't posed much of a challenge, and the Korean woman hadn't even broken into a sweat during their tussle.

“Haha! I guess that's a yes.” She said mockingly, nudging her big toe into her downed opponent's ribcage gently. “You wouldn't have come here alone, so where's your backup?” Juri laughed, kicking the woman in the ribs.

The soft, almost imperceptible sound of feet hitting the floor echoed in the large, empty room. The instant it reached Juri's ears she ducked, the machinery in her left eye springing to life. A soft violet glow emitted from it as a Chinese woman clad in blue soared over the ducking woman, the hard soles of her white boots missing Juri's face by inches.

The ducking woman grinned, watching her new opponent land as her left eye glowed brighter.

“Enough! You're under arrest Juri Han!” The Chinese woman shouted after she turned to face Juri.

“Is that so? I'm afraid you'll have to catch me first.” Juri snickered, her left eye exploding with a powerful light.

The Chinese woman settled into a defensive stance, her eyes hardening at the sight of the Juri.

With an inhuman burst of speed, Juri launched herself forward. The robotics in her left eye allowed her to increase her speed tremendously for an instant, among many other abilities, and she planned on showing off every last one to her opponent.

Her opponent was unfazed, keeping a stern, determined expression, while Juri licked her lips. They were both supremely confident in their abilities, and knew that they would be the victor in the ensuing battle.

In the blink of an eye, Juri launched a kick at her opponent's chest, and the woman blocked the attack with her arms.

“JURI!”

The scene melted away, snapping Juri out of her daydream. Growling, she clenched her fist, and slammed it onto the table angrily, denting it. She was being denied the opportunity to kill that annoying officer even in her own mind now!

“WHAT?!” She shouted, her left eye flaring up with purple light.

Several men were seated at the table with the angry woman, and they all cowered visibly at her rage. An angry Juri was never a good thing, and most had been unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of her rage at least once before.

“PAY ATTENTION! YOU'RE JUST AS IMPORTANT TO S.I.N. AS EVERYONE ELSE IN THAT OFFICE AND I EXPECT YOU TO LISTEN!” A loud, monotone voice shouted to her through a wall-mounted monitor. The group was attending a video conference, though the person they spoke to had his voice run through a filter, and wasn't showing his face.

“Well maybe if you hadn't been giving me such boring assignments lately, I'd feel more like listening.” Juri said sarcastically, leaning back in her seat and kicking her feet up on the desk. “If you can't find some way to occupy me, I may have to sneak off and find my own fun things to do...” Juri said slowly, her lips curling into a smile as she stared into the eyes of the shaking man sitting directly across from her.

“I'LL NOT HAVE YOU THREATEN OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS ORGANIZ-”

A sudden violent pounding on the office's door caught everyone's attention, and Juri quickly stood. She'd rather deal with whatever idiocy is happening outside than listen to that weakling drone on about loyalty and the like.

Answering the door, she smiled as the scientist on the other side shrank back in fear for a moment.

“Well?” Juri asked with a wide grin, her left eye glowing slightly brighter.

“T-There's b-b-b-b-been an accident! If someone could please...”

“I'll go.” Juri said with a smile. The voice on the monitor yelled obscenities as Juri closed the door behind her, leaving the office behind.