- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter will introduce us to Mandy Anne,a beautiful 16 yearl old girl who has recently learned she won the rights to a lifemate of her very own.

 

 It was Saturday May 15th,in the new world and a whole new life was about to begin for Mandy Anne. Mandy was a very beautiful recently turned sixteen year old,she had shoulder length platinum blonde hair. She had peachy almost golded skin and was very fit,she was the star of her volleyball team after all. She was a junior at high school and had already been accepted into Juliard on a full ride scholarship. She was an spiring actress and had participated in school plays since she was 5 years old. Her mother had been a broadway actress in her heyday and had pushed strongly for Mandy to do the same.

 The previous day at school Mandy had recieved a text message on her phone chip(a phone chip is like a cell phone ,the only difference being that a cell chip could retract to the size of a pea when being unused.) it was from her mother who told her she had great news for her.

"Honey call me when you get a chance,I have some very exciting news for you" the message read.

 Mandy was in second period biology class when she recieved the message,looking down to read it when her teacher had turned away. Mandy could barely contain her excitement after reading her mother's text. She had a pretty good idea what the news would be,it was hopefully in regards to the interview she had with Mrs. Andrews a couple weeks ago. Mandy sat anxiously in her biology class tapping her foot away and running her fingers up and down the desk. The clock seemed to be slowing at every glance and she was barely listening to anything her teacher was talking about.After about 20 minutes of agonizing waiting,the bell finally sounded. Mandy reached for her books and shoved them into her bag,rushing off to the bathroom to call her mother back.

 "Mom it's me Mandy,I just got your text and was wondering what it was about."she rambled on in a voice mail.

Mandy sat impatiently waiting for her mother to call her back,she had another class in 5 minutes. She sat there for another 2 minutes when the chip began to rumble and she grabbed it and picked up quickly.

"Yeah mom,what's up?" she asked anxiously.

"Well dear I wanted to tell you first hand that we won.We won the rights to a lifemate of your very own,he turns 15 next week and the papers have already been signed. We'll pick him up next  Friday and he'll be your's." her mother said.

"Thank you so much mom,this is the best present I could have ever gotten.It even beats the Conflyer you bought me for my birthday. I can barely wait,love you I gotta run to class." she said as her heart was fluttering.

The rest of the day flew by as she couldn't maintain her focus on any of her teachers.The final bell rang and Mandy rushed to her locker and started to gather her books up and leave school.It was a beautiful day outside and Mandy's spirits were at an all time high. She would soon have a lifemate of her very own,she wanted to tell her friends but needed to be careful who she did. Alot of her own friends had gone through the very same process that she had and were not selcted. She knew if they found out there would be natural disdain for her,she didn't want to lose any of her friends. She decided to keep the news quiet until some time had worn off and any potential bitterness would go away.

 

 Mandy was invited to the beach that afternoon by her best friend Deena,it was a beautiful day after all. Deena was a very rich very spoiled girl who was used to getting her way. She had jet black hair and ivory skin to match making the contrast even stronger. Her mother owned a large company that had begun to make houses that could be carried around in egg shaped containers. She was one of the wealthiest people in all the world and provided her daughter with everything she needed,except her time

Deena was very spoiled and was very distant with most people,she had people who worked for her but had very few friends. Mandy was her best friend and one of the only people who liked her for anything but her wealth. She shared stories with Mandy and told her secrets she would tell no one else not even her own mother.

"She's just so icy when she's around me Mand,it's like im a chance person she just has to talk to. She did do one thing for me,she placed a very large bid on a soon to be turned male. I haven't heard anything back about it though and am worried I won't get picked. I heard that there's a second step to this process,a interview with the mother. I haven't heard a word and its been alomost a month,and im worried. You haven't heard anything have you?This is just the thing that I need Mand,I have noone but you,and well I could really use someone that would be completely mine,and would think of me as their world." she said.

Mandy just sat there and listened to her friend's complaints about her mother. She felt really bad for Deena and knew she was the only person that ever really listened to her. She elected to not tell her friend about her good luck as it would only serve to hurt her,and Deena didn't need to lose her friend. Mandy just sat there and tried to reassure her friend that her mother was just a busy woman and that she did love her in her own way. Mandys own mother was a very warm woman and she shared a nice open relationship with her.

"Deena I wouldn't worry too much about it,with your mom's wealth im sure you will have access to multiple mates. After all you are one of the most wealthy people in the world. You also have a compassionate soul and  I know that you will make a good match for anyone." Mandy said warmly.

The girls laid there in their bikinis on the warm sand soaking up the May Rhode Island sun. They were sipping on apple martini mixers and talking about the end of the school year.The beach they were on was owned by Deena's family and so it was private,the two girls sat talking for hours.Mandy was thinking about her good news and hoping that Deena would get some of her own very soon.

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter will be about Steven's birthday and his upcoming day of transferral.