- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Steven is awoken to the morning he has been dreading,his mother and sister's throw him a party and one of them may not be ready to let him go.

Steven Andrews woke up on his 15 th birthday with a sense of foreboding,this would be his last hours of freedom. The life he knew was about to be ripped away from him for he knew when a male was mated he would never leave the side of the much larger female.His family,friends and everything he knew would be ripped from him.The female who he never even met would be coming over and taking him into her possesion soon.This was it,he might as well put on a happy face and enjoy his last free hours.

.........Caylee Andrews was Steven's older sister,she was 16 years old and was going to be headed off to college next year.She was a very pretty brunette with very sharp features she got from her mother.She had a very pretty high cheekbone which complimented her lovely blue eyes.She was going to be the valedectorian of her senior class next year and everyone knew it.She had a very bright future ahead of her but something was missing. She wanted a lifemate of her own and knew the chances were very slim that she would attain one.She had her mother place numerous bids on potential mates but each one came up empty.She was very close with her younger brother Steven and felt very protective of him.Who was this girl who was coming in and taking him from her?What right did she have,and what if she was a psychopath?

  All of these thoughts swirled through her mind,but her mother assured her everything would be fine and this was what was best for Steven.They had to put aside their own selfish desires and do what was best for him after all.Caylee wasn't so sure this was what was best for her brother,everything was going to be ripped from him.He surely couldn't want this could he?Caylee thought that her mother truly had Stevens best interest at heart but felt she knew what was best for him. Steven had always been her loving little brother and idolized her,and Caylee looked very fondly upon her little brother.Why couldn't she take care of him she thought.

 

 The sounds of laughter and commotion brought Steven's attention to the party happenning below.He could hear his mother's voice call for him and began to emerge from his bedroom.His bedroom was about the size of a small dresser that was located right outside the corner of his sister Caylee's.Right as Steven was emerging Caylee stepped out of her room carefully wearing a very pretty dress. She saw Steven emerge from his room and carefully lifted him into her palm. Steven was wearing a very nice suit and tie and looked very handsome.

 "Hey Steven,are you excited about your big day?"Caylee asked her brother who she was carefully carrying down the stairs.

 Steven looked at the huge face of his sister smelling her perfume and replied"I guess so."

 "You don't sound so sure Stevie,are you nervous about today?I would be,leaving everyone you know behind and venturing forward with a girl you've never met."

"Mom said she was nice Caylee"

"Yeah im sure she is Stevie,I would just be nervous being around a girl who could crush you with a sneeze. Most of the girls at school have never been around a male before you know.I just hope she was trained how to handle you."Caylee said.

Steven's face went white after the words his sister spoke,could they be true. His mom told him all girls who were approved for mates were trained and tested.Could one have slipped through the cracks,would he be crushed?All of these questions made Steven start to hyperventilate.

Caylee saw this and had to calm her brother down by covering him up in her palms and breathing on him gently like a mother would a child.

 

"Hush hush hush Stevie relax,everythings gonna be fine I promise .I didn't mean to worry you,im so sorry."Caylee looked on at her brother and felt really bad for him. The little guy was scared to death.Caylee wondered if there was  a way to keep him

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry I decided to split this chapter up so I could introduce a new character,my next chapter will be decidedly longer and pick up where this one abruptly ended.