- Text Size +

Chapter 2

She felt a sensation running through her small body, one that filled her with a feeling of power. Jessica could sense every cell, every atom changing. Yes, it was as if magical energy was being transported and distributed through her system. Not as a figure of speech, but literally. Jessica just knew she had become more than just an ordinary human being. She knew that she had changed.
She went back to the mirror in her bathroom and looked at her reflection again. This time, she did not see a small, common 23-year old looking back at her. She saw a being of great power. And she loved it!
Her mind filled with thousands of thoughts and ideas. The things she could do now. The possibilities! Jessica was no longer the dwarf or molecule. She was a goddess! Savoring this thought, Jessica took a deep breath.
"I'm going to show myself to the world," she thought. "And this time, no one shall think of me as a midget."

She focused and started growing. Jessica sensed her arms extending, slowly. Her legs stretched upwards, longer and longer they became. Jessica's head rose, she watched it in the mirror, until its reflection "hit" the upper edge and began growing out of view. Jessica smiled as she saw her hairline, forehead and eyes disappear over the edge as well.

Her torso expanded, like a balloon being inflated. It looked like she was being pulled at from all directions like a doll made out of rubber. Jessica kept growing, having already passed the 7-foot mark. Her pajamas and flip-flops grew with her. Somehow, she was able to make her clothes grow as well. Maybe the snowball-like thing had leaked some of its magic into the material.

The fabric of the cotton pajamas stretched, but did not rupture. The red flowers on the yellow cloth grew larger and larger as Jessica gained height and width. So did her pink flip flops with their white soles. Jessica's feet swelled, not as if she was sick or something, but as if a photo camera zoomed in on them. And so did the footwear, keeping pace with her toes and heel.

BUMP!

When she reached the 7,5-foot mark, Jessica's head hit the ceiling. The mirror only showed her belly and two broad thighs now. Growing felt fantastic! Jessica closed her eyes and felt the air rushing slowly along her expanding body. She felt a slight pressure in her ears, like she was in an ascending elevator. Her head swept over the ceiling, Jessica had to bend her neck more and more as she grew further. Then she needed to kneel, her now pillar-like legs barely able to fit in her small bathroom.

Jessica opened her eyes. Her enormous torso and head filled the entire mirror. Now a fantastic, impressive specimen of a human being looked back at her. Jessica happily watched herself grow further. With every inch she gained more power and felt better. Her dreams had finally come true. And it was time that the world was to meet the new Jessica. It was a nice, warm day so there would be a lot of people in the streets.

Grinning, Jessica crawled outside her apartment after having closed the hole in her window with duct tape. She squeezed herself through the door, never halting her growth. Outside, she stood upright and full of pre-joy walked towards the city centre. Detroit and the rest of the world would certainly notice her now. At 9,5 feet, she was taller than a human being had ever been.

"Journalists, reality-TV shows, talk shows, I'll do it all," she thought happily. "Jessica Hood, the tallest human being! Tall women lovers will love to date me! I'll be on the cover of countless magazines! Perhaps I should start playing basketball... I can dunk without even lifting up my arms, hi, hi!".

At 10 feet, Jessica stopped her growth. It was enough. Not caring she was wearing nothing but her pajamas, and being unwashed, uncombed and without any make-up, Jessica walked towards the centre of Detroit.