- Text Size +

Chapter 5

"All right, you specks," she thundered down on them. "I am Jessica, your new goddess. Worship me when you value your insignificant lives! Kiss my feet! NOW!!!"

Nothing happened. The people kept looking up at her, or at each other as if to say: "Are you going to kiss her feet? I am not". Jessica waited a couple of seconds, then she spoke again:

"I made myself clear! Now you have to die." She lifted her right foot and simply trod down upon half a dozen onlookers. They crushed like large grubs under the sole of her flip flop. Jessica grinded her foot, smearing their remains on the street.

A cry of terror welled up to her. Then the people ran away, screaming, pushing at each other, stumbling over each other in their attempts to flee.

"I SAID WORSHIP!" Jessica cried. Angry, she made a step with her left foot and squashed another five or six people. It didn't work though. The people kept running.

Now the giantess bent down and scooped up as many tinies as she could. Her huge hands, each about 22 feet long and 15 feet wide, could easily contain 30 persons. She let her catch fall on her feet, not from the height where the snack bar owner had been, but for about four or five feet. They should survive after all.

"Gather around my feet and start worshipping," Jessica hissed. "Or else you all end as mush under my divine soles!"

This time, the people obeyed. A few kissed her toes, each one longer than the tallest person. Others kissed her ankles or heels, and a few even kneeled before her. Jessica saw others join. They came, slowly, and also began to pay their respects to her.

To her.

Jessica, the goddess.

She enjoyed it all. It felt so good!

Crossing her arms, Jessica looked towards the horizon. Like a gigantic colossus she stood there, black hairs waving gently in the wind. Her legs spread, one foot right on one of the main streets of Detroit. One foot covered the entire pavement and half of the debris of the snack bar. Little dots scurried on and around her feet, kissing, kneeling, worshipping. Jessica felt them, like ants scurrying over her skin.

She knew she was able to grow bigger, much, much bigger. But for now, it was OK.

For the inhabitants of Detroit it was an awesome sight. A huge woman, looking stern in the distance, stood in the centre of their city like their new, unbeatable leader. Little people moved around her enormous feet, each foot about seven times as long as their puny bodies, worshipping and kissing them. The sole of her flip flop was about knee-high to them. She dwarfed the surrounding office buildings, the tallest ones reached only to her shoulders. She was like a statue come to life, a titan of old mythology, a true monument of flesh and bone.

The ones next to her heel realized Jessica's vastness when they looked up at the giantess' ankle, a bump in her flesh bigger than their heads. The enormous flesh wall that was the back of her foot demanded humility, the calf stretching up in the sky radiated the untold power this woman possessed. Some of the people felt totally insignificant, standing so close to her. A handful even fell to their knees because the sight of this giantess turned their legs to jelly. One guy looking up at her wet his pants, from pure fear, before his gaze even had passed her thighs.

After a while, Jessica became bored. She wanted more. Grabbing a handful of her tiny worshippers, she turned and walked towards the park. Of course she didn't care about the houses in her way. She simply stepped on them. A two story house was the size of a birthday cake to her, and hardly offered resistance when her flip flop trod upon it.

Walls crumbled, roofs splintered in countless pieces, the inner walls and floors broke like plywood. Jessica's weight destroyed the expensive buildings in a split second. The concrete and stone didn't even have the time to show cracks. The giantess was too quick. It looked a bit like the scene in the movie "Time Bandits", although now it was real and a female giant.

Fences around the gardens couldn't hold her back. Of course, they hardly had the size of her toes. Wood or metal, what was meant to keep others out of private territory was simply trod upon and destroyed by this goddess, as were the trees, flower beds and little fountains. Because Jessica didn't pay attention where she walked, some houses were destroyed only partially. In that case everyone could see the interior, the rooms and its furniture, while water and gas leaked out of the broken pipes.

One house was completely destroyed, her foot landed right on it. It crumbled like dried clay. Jessica didn't notice the civil servant who just finished placing a wooden sign in front of it.
The sign read: "On the list for demolition". The house wasn't match the legal proscriptions anymore, and it was too old and too worn-down to renovate. So it had to be torn down. As he saw the giantess approach, the man froze, looking at her with his mouth open. He saw her step on the house, destroy in fully, and walk away.

As she was out of sight, the civil servant took the sign away, feeling a bit light-headed.