- Text Size +

Chapter 10

"Oh, the worms think they can nuke me, eh?" she said aloud. The nuke didn't do any damage to her. Not even her pajamas showed as much as a scorch. Jessica was a goddess indeed, nothing the mortals made was able to harm her.

"You want a weapon of mass destruction? I'll show you one!" Jessica, smirking, grew again. As she did, the North American continent buckled and cracked under her weight. she would show the puny Americans how to mass destruct something!

Her body shot up, reaching 30 miles... 40... 70. At a 100 miles tall, she decided it was big enough for her plan.

"Look, this is how it is done," she thundered for almost the entire continent to hear. The giga- giantess took a few steps back (which meant she covered about 800 miles) and jumped. From the shore of New York she went up, right over the Atlantic Ocean.

It was the best long jump ever witnessed. Through the air the 100 mile girl flew, creating an air displacement that would cause global wide catastrophes. Gales and hurricanes a magnitude never seen before developed as Jessica sailed over the Ocean. Huge tidal waves accompanied her. Her body was so massive now, she radiated an enormous gravity. Like the moon, Jessica dragged an enormous water mass with her, casing a flood that would do further damage.

She was able to jump over the entire Atlantic. Her leg muscles had in proportion more strength than those of a normal person's else she would have been able to make it. But she did.

However, the upcoming winds were nothing compared with the impact of her landing. She came down in Eastern Europe, with such a force the entire Earth shook. Waves of destruction traveled half a dozen times across the globe, destroying everything in their path. Mountain ranges crumbled to dust, rivers disappeared, and entire countries simply vanished. Nothing man- made survived, as entire cities flew through the air, thousands of feet, before landing on top of each other or in the Oceans. Continents cracked, seas were displaced, ecosystems ruptured. Civilizations ceased to exist, roughly 90 percent of mankind died.

And all because a girl jumped. Jessica stood up, seeing lava emerging from the inside of the planet were her butt had been.

"Cool," she thought.  "Let's do it again. I wonder if I can jump over the Pacific as well...".

Jessica ran, not caring she pounded the already wounded Earth with her gigantic footfalls. The Earth's crust broke like a cracker, the landscape was altered further. Jessica's weight was so vast, the Eurasian continent broke in two. A huge line appeared from Lithuania towards India, separating Europe from most of Asia. Water filled the crack, creating a new sea.

The giga-giantess didn't see nor care. A few dozen steps, and she would reach the shoreline of South-East Asia. For her, it was like running on a sandy beach. Each step flattened half a dozen cities at once, killing hundreds of thousands that might still be alive and changing the very weather. Reaching China, or what was left of it, she took another jump.  She aimed for South America, hoping to land on the rain forest there.

"YEE-HAH!" the goddess screamed, as she sailed once again through the air. She was so powerful! This morning, a nobody. Not she was able to destroy an entire planet.

BLAM! Jessica landed again.

The Earth shook again.

Countless tons of dirt, mixed with leftovers from civilization, rain forest and Andes Mountains flew in every direction. Jessica was in Brazil now, lying on the Amazonian jungle like it was a patch of moss. The Amazonas River was hardly a small lint of water to her, but still wet enough to soak her pajama. Jessica felt the cold stream on her back and got up.  But as she did so, she noticed something strange. She was not on Earth anymore.