- Text Size +
* * * * *

When she saw that George was finally beginning to tucker out, trying to keep up with her high-heeled strides, Kyla finally came to a stop. She then started reeling in the leash, hand over hand. So that George started being pulled toward her like a trout on a fisherman's line!

But, when she had lifted him up to eye level with her, the resemblance changed from hooked fish to pampered pet. As Kyla then positioned him in her arms like a tiny beloved kitten.

"Awwwwww! Are you tired, already, little one? Maybe we should give you some mouth-to-mouth resuscitation."

Whereupon, she began showering the shrunken ex-cop with melodramatically loud kisses! Much to the delight, of course, of Jen Carfagno (who was giggling as loudly as the off-camera studio crew). It was, therefore, only with the utmost reluctance that she finally stopped kissing him and put him back down in the shrinkie bed.

Sara Robbins merely smiled: "You're obviously quite taken with him. Aren't you?"

"Who wouldn't be?" the latter replied: "Right, Jen?"

Jen nodded, as well, adding: "It's too bad we couldn't adopt him on a corporate basis. Like some public libraries do with stray cats."

"Funny you should mention that," Sara resumed: "Because, it just so happens that Little George here _was_ up for adoption. And, his adoption was approved by your flagship station's board of directors. With both of yourselves as his approved caretakers!!"

Both women squealed with glee, like little kids unwrapping their very first Christmas presents. With Jen now lifting George up out of the shrinkie-bed and showering him with kisses.

"Welcome to the Weather Channel, Little George."

Back at the flagship station, in New York City, Danielle Banks smiled as the stage manager addressed her over the wireless micro-electronic transceiver known as an "earwig."

"That was a mighty nice thing you did for them, Dani. Recommending them to the board as his caretakers."

"It wasn't entirely pure altruism, Joe. Those two bee-yotches have been making secret fat jokes about me, up and down the Internet. But, when I tell them what I did, they'll owe me big time! And, I'll make sure I collect...at the baby shower."

Meanwhile, back in Atlanta, Georgia, Sara Robbins was demonstrating something further.

"For those outdoor walks, during the winter, your shrunken man can wear this. Orange thermal cover-alls, and a black woolen cap, from the 'Ski Patrol Ken and Snow Bunny Barbie' collection."

Which led to further squeals of joy as Kyla stripped their little man of his thunder jacket. While Jen laughingly struggled to dress him up in the ski togs. And, the only way Little George could mentally cope with this was to flashback to how he had _really_ gotten into this predicament in the first place.

TWELVE MONTHS EARLIER

"I'm telling you, Buzz, that South Bronx P.A.L. team is full of ringers!"

Former Patrolman George Cutter shook his head as he heard this statement uttered by his ex-training officer, Sergeant Aldo Signorelli (NYPD Transit Bureau, retired).

"How can a youth hockey team have ringers on it, Sarge? The oldest kids on the team are eleven years-old!"

"Yeah, but they play like some of those locked-out NHL free agents. Which got me to thinking; you know that website called 'Theparanoidsareright.com?' "

George nodded. Pointedly adding: "It's full of conspiracy theory nut-jobs."

"Maybe not so nuts as you think. One of them told me he has proof that some of those lock-outs have been drinking special protein drinks. Spiked with that new weight-loss thing you're helping to hawk."

"You mean, N-zymex?"

Signorelli nodded: "And, as a result? These guys have partially shrunk! Allowing the South Bronx P.A.L. to recruit 'em for their youth hockey team!!"

George had burst out laughing, of course. Prompting his ex-training officer to storm out of the coffee shop in a huff. And, George continued laughing, all the way back to his apartment!

But, he stopped laughing, later that same night, when he briefly woke up to find someone pinning him to the bed, while someone else chloroformed him, with a white handkerchief, at the same time. Consequently, when he reawakened, he found himself in a weird jail cell. Alongside Signorelli, who was wearing what looked like a Greek toga straight out of ANIMAL HOUSE!

"Still think I'm nuts, Buzz?"

Signorelli pointed to his right. And, George could not help gasping at the sight he beheld through the bars of the cell. Namely; the smiling face of a giantess...dressed like a veterinarian's nurse.

THE END