- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is another interim fluff piece while I continue to chip away at the writer's block surrounding my increasingly older wip's.
* * * * *

SUNDAY, JANUARY 5, 2014

"And, now we switch back to headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, where Kyla and Jen will discuss (with Sara Robbins) how best to take care of your little guy this winter."

"Thanks, Danielle," chorused the two aforementioned women on the right-hand side of the split screen.

Danielle Banks was an attractive, long-haired redhead (of the type still occasionally referred to as "carrot-top"), who was currently wearing a sleeveless blue dress with a flowing, knee-length skirt. Unfortunately, the belt that came with it was not buckled around her waist. Rather, it was buckled just beneath her double-D breasts! Giving her whole ensemble a most unflattering resemblance to a maternity gown!!

In the secret opinion of the other two, anyway.

Those other two were Kyla Grogan and Jennifer Carfagno. They were Weather Channel forecasters, like Danielle. They were the same age as her, and just as attractive. But, there, the similarties ended. Jen was a sandy-haired blonde who was currently wearing a short-sleeved black dress with a matching belt...and a knee-length skirt slightly tighter than Danielle's.

Kyla, on the other hand, was a raven-haired brunette who insisted on (and admittedly succeeded at) wearing a bright-blue mini-dress that buttoned up the side. Not to mention; totally ceasing to exist two or three inches _above_ her knees!

In any event, these two were now set to interview an expatriate Englishwoman in a blue maxi-dress. The latter was standing just off-camera. And, when she got her cue, she walked out to center-stage carrying something made of brown cloth under her right arm. While under left arm was a glass jar.

Upon reaching the weather desk at center-stage, Sara Robbins set both items down.

"Welcome, Sara," said Kyla shaking hands.

"Lovely to see you again," added Jen.

"Thank you, both. It's always nice to be here."

"Now, for those of our viewers who might not know it, already," Jen explained: "...Sara is the national chairperson of P.E.T.S. Is that correct?"

"Quite correct, yes. The acronym stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Shrinkies. And, it is our goal to help those poor individuals who proved allergic to N-zymex."

"Ah, yes!" exclaimed Kyla: "That new weight-loss supplement based on black swallower fish oil."

Sara nodded: "While it's done wonders for most of its users (especially women), it proved to have a unique...side-effect...among certain men."

And, it was at this point that she faced one side of the glass jar on the desk top toward the cameras. Whereupon, TV Camera One zoomed in for a close-up. Revealing a half-naked, six inch-tall man pounding on the interior wall of the jar!

"Allow me to introduce...Mr. George 'Buzz' Cutter."

Sara went on to explain how George had originally been a New York City transit cop. And, how (went not riding the subways in an official capacity) he had spent his spare time coaching youth hockey for the Police Athletic League.

"Unfortunately, for him," she continued: "...he was laid off by the New York City Port Authority, due to budget cuts. So, he decided to become a male spokesmodel for N-zymex. Thereby becoming one of the first (if not _the_ first) to suffer this dreadful affliction!"

"And, now," said Kyla, circling back to the point: "...you intend to demonstrate, for our viewing audience, how to become a proper care-taker for such men."

Sara nodded again.

tbc